Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

8 hours ago, pastorofmuppets said:

Everyone's 2nd favourite ex-member of Squeeze is back next week, and would you believe it, he's actually got a line-up that will interest a lot of people on here:

Kasabian

Anderson Paak

Goldfrapp

Thundercat

Spoon

Courtney Marie Andrews

You have my attention.  Except for Kasabian.  I bear them no ill will but that psycho song is, as my brother in law would say, pony.

Didn't know where to post this as they don't have a dedicated thread - and I didn't think this update justified a new topic altogether; but Royal Blood have been confirmed as appearing during the new series [http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08mk4j0]. Obviously that will see them showcase new music, meaning we're due something fresh from them in the next eight weeks at least. I know that is hardly surprising news as something was fairly imminent, but I doubt I am alone in being slightly perplexed by the delay in releasing their new stuff.

40 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Didn't know where to post this as they don't have a dedicated thread - and I didn't think this update justified a new topic altogether; but Royal Blood have been confirmed as appearing during the new series [http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08mk4j0]. Obviously that will see them showcase new music, meaning we're due something fresh from them in the next eight weeks at least. I know that is hardly surprising news as something was fairly imminent, but I doubt I am alone in being slightly perplexed by the delay in releasing their new stuff.

Aye I expected at least a new single from them before their appearance otherwise it'd seem pretty shite, although considering they're seemingly playing so high up I'd definitely hope they have more than just a single - maybe the album is coming sooner than we think.

50 series to many with jools at helm imo 

Kasabian... Bit flat for my ears hasn't got that umth what ever that is.. Just a bit flat. Your in love with a psycho  and repeat... Why did he take his glasses off... Actually why did he wear the bloody things in the first place.. Nope 

Anderson and a lot of other people... Billy ocean..... Speeded up.. Nice coat.. Now I'm sure there were drums in the song before he jumped up and showed us all he could play them lol... Nope 

Goldfrap.... Should be good... Wtf are those weirdos doing.. Headbanging with no hair lol. Not to bad just give the dancers something to eat especially the girl.. Maybe 

Thundercat.... Funky stuff old sons. Hang on Wtf has he got hanging from his fucking nose lol... Good guitar moves tho.. Looks like he was going to kill that keyboard player.. Not for me 

Shut it jools get on with the show... Yak Yak 

Fair play what's that 6.7 bottles lol

CMA a bit of country. Why do the guitars always look to big for female country singers.. Very pretty girl very nice easy on the ears tune... OK that's enough next please...... I listen to it 

Ok

Spoon..... Hot fucking dogs??? Wtf is going on is he singing about hot dogs.. Nice to cat Stevens playing again.. No spoon for me lol. 

Is that it.. So he does half a show then they let him on again Friday.. 

Ok last one.. I don't know I just wouldn't think of Kasabian if I hadn't seen it.. It does not sound like a Kasabian tune.. I know they as all bands can't just bang out tune all the same.. Unless your slade, status quo, or Jay Z. But if say the manic street Preachers do a tune even tho it may be completely different from say there first album you KNOW it's the manics.. That's what I mean by it doesn't sound like Kasabian. 

Anyway not that great a show and I can Anderson and Co off my list of bands to check out.. 

Please note no swearing or less swearing.. Tis not clever lol

G

• Upvote 1

The sound didn't seem right for Kasabian, I reckon Bless This Acid House could be a nice tune. Overall they were OK, glad they did a unheard track.

Anderson .Paak was good, had to substitue the Q verse somehow I suppose.

Thundercat good.

Spoon and Goldfrapp sounded the best of the night.

Not bothered at all by the country/folk singer type. It'll never be my cup of tea.