Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

Tame Impala played the Pyramid 2011, small crowd but it was early in the day. Not really my cuppa T but Thought there'd be more people there.

I caught the last 2 songs, I think I was waiting for Gaslight Anthem to come on.

very small crowd but they did play up in the park, that might have been a decent gig.

Thought they sounded ok on Jools, less cheesy than the older stuff. Sinead was real good, would defo catch her if she performs. Courtney Pine caught my ear, sometimes his stuff's a bit dull for me but liked what he was doing & the band.

Edited by whisty

Thought they sounded ok on Jools, less cheesy than the older stuff. Sinead was real good, would defo catch her if she performs. Courtney Pine caught my ear, sometimes his stuff's a bit dull for me but liked what he was doing & the band.

I hope Sinead does "Reason With Me" tomorrow. Beautiful tune off the new album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFx82FljiOU

Biffy are Shite IMHO. Not just a bit shite either, total shite. "I am a mountain, I am the sea, you can't take that away from me." is the most irritating, cringe worthy lyric I ever heard in my life.

Coming from the Jessie J fan/troll/thing?

But yeah I agree with you to some extent, Only Revolutions was one of the most horrendous albums of recent years

I know a lot of people don't like Jools Holland as a presenter but to me one of the things that shines through is his love of music and his nurturing support of vulnerable but exceptionally talented artists such as Sinead and new music. I still remember the first time I saw Seasick Steve on his show. I was blown away by him.

^^ That. It's the only show of it's kind probably in the world & is also under threat of closure. What with the TV center closing very soon and everything moving to Manchester, there's already a noticeable difference with lack of variety of guests wanting to travel up t north. Let's hope Jools hangs on with bare teeth and fingernails.

Edited by whisty

^^ That. It's the only show of it's kind probably in the world & is also under threat of closure. What with the TV center closing very soon and everything moving to Manchester, there's already a noticeable difference with lack of variety of guests wanting to travel up t north. Let's hope Jools hangs on with bare teeth and fingernails.

?

Jools Holland mentioned that the show is under threat of closing down. Can only assume it's due to the studio shutting or lack of audience.

ive had a few emails from the BBC to apply for Later.. tickets (i'm on a mailing list for such things), but as i live in Manchester it's not worth the travelling to London. though i have no idea if the show is suffering, moving to Salford (not Manchester /pedant wink.png ) wouldn't help that out. there's surely more potential audience/artists in London.

Well I just read they need to look for a new studio, so anybodys guess where it ends up. Anyway, love the show and I can use your tickets if you get them :) I managed to get them one time a few years ago but not a sniff since. What's weird is watching the bands not really playing to an audience, just a camera!