When is the best time to arrive?

Guest Yvonne81

• 2 weeks later...

We drive down on Tuesday night, stay in a hotel and get there for about 7am on Wednesday. I would go Tuesday and sleep in the car but I like getting that final shower! Rain or shine, that Wednesday morning is excruciating but we like our pitch and I'd be gutted if we lost it. Maybe we'll take a wander round next year at about 2pm and see where there is space and whether it's worth leaving it til later.

• 2 months later...

I always leave my my house about midnight to get to B&W about 3-4AM - get the bus there, even then, waiting to get on site, I barely remember the queue, I actually quite enjoy the chats and excitement 2010 it was a tad disorganised but in 2011 queue ere was much better and alot shorter too! Not to mention the green perks ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Last time I went was 2009, set off from london around 4/5 and arrived at the west carparks around 7/8 am wednesday, didnt take too long at all to get in as i remember, however was a while ago and may be a slightly rose tinted memory.

will be attempting to do the same this year, seeing as they now open the carparks from tuesday, from people who experienced it last time, does this generally ease traffic getting into the car parks, but increase queueing time to get into the actual site? or does it ease both? or does it worsen both?

Last time I went was 2009, set off from london around 4/5 and arrived at the west carparks around 7/8 am wednesday, didnt take too long at all to get in as i remember, however was a while ago and may be a slightly rose tinted memory.

will be attempting to do the same this year, seeing as they now open the carparks from tuesday, from people who experienced it last time, does this generally ease traffic getting into the car parks, but increase queueing time to get into the actual site? or does it ease both? or does it worsen both?

I'll probably be arriving around 6pm-ish on the Wednesday this year. What are the fields like at this time? I know they get packed quite quickly but how quickly?

Hoping to get a decent spot in Bushy Ground or maybe Park Home Ground? Undecided really but not too bothered at being in the the central fields. Prefer somewhere a bit quieter. Managed to find a space at 7pm on the Friday in 2011 so I am sure it won't be too bad, but still hoping to have a slight choice as to where we end up!

• 2 months later...

After all of this time I'm still undecided on when to arrive!

Staying in Glastonbury on the Tuesday then probably heading early morning (5am or 6am maybe?) I'm driving a bunch of us (10 in total) in a minibus/van so I'm thinking arriving early and queing a bit longer might be best to ensure we can all camp comfortably together somewhere. (not overly fussed about the "popular" camp areas)

On the other hand I'm thinking a long lye in bed, a big breakfast then setting off for 1ish might be better... but I'd be frustrated if the queue was still mega huge at that time as well!

Has anyone ghad experiences of driving locally on the Wed before? Using A361. What is was it like for you?

• 1 month later...