Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

I think you'd be best suited seeing the London Philharmonic if that's your attitude.

oh do fuck off. I bet your own version of a great time is Bruce the blandly bore. :rolleyes:

A Stones gig is a party with great songs, fond memories and happy people.

and by most accounts, bad karoke as the soundtrack.

Which part of "I don't do bad karoke" will I have to keep repeating until you have a chance of grasping it?

Just because your own ears are clearly past their best doesn't mean that mine own are thanks.

10-100 thousand people screaming every word to every song with tears streaming down their cheeks for 2 hours they will never forget.

Oh goodie. A crowd full of morons, my perfect night out. :)

So in answer to your question is it's hard to take yourself out of that incredible moment,

do you always judge others by your own inadequacies?

If that's your idea of a fun night out then no, you probably wouldn't enjoy it. Bit more of a -hug the sweaty stranger next to you while you both stand back in awe of the greatest live act in history- kind of evening.

so all in all not just a shit night out, but an incrediably tedious one too. Fab.

I know U2 had a bigger grossing tour but for the history and cultural importance surrounding these mythical creatures it's a no brainer... Greatest show ever and last few chances to see it. Ticket prices are fair.

they're all grossing tours. It doesn't get any grosser.

Glad you like it. I still like my music from a great live band, so I'm pretty damned sure it's not for me. My ears still work.

Then I envy your life where you have time to go online for a discussion on a thread you apparently don't care about.

Unemployed, lottery winner or a poor confused soul?

Mick, don't you have better things to do thank create an account on here and slag people off?

Trust me, it's not going to get you any satisfaction. You will get more paying punters with Brown Sugar. But at least if ticket sales are low, and you end up at Glasto, it's not all doom and gloom.

And also, pay your bloody taxes.

Then I envy your life where you have time to go online for a discussion on a thread you apparently don't care about.

Unemployed, lottery winner or a poor confused soul?

You are priceless, aren't you?

I've just checked with my own photographer who has done Bowie and the Stones, and thankfully she's yet to disappear up her own arsehole so I was able to check with her.

Just listened to Keith Richards on BBC 6 Music on this clip http://audioboo.fm/boos/1007977

When asked about the possibility of playing Glastonbury next year he says "well on a good day, if the weather's fine, that's an interesting proposition. But it's early days yet. I think that the band want to get these four gigs under their belt and then think about next year after that, but anything's possible with this band".

So it's the usual - lets see how well we sell and if we need the publicity that Glastonbury will bring - and make our minds up in December - shame that the Eavis' have to go through that pavlova once again this year.

So it's the usual - lets see how well we sell and if we need the publicity that Glastonbury will bring - and make our minds up in December - shame that the Eavis' have to go through that pavlova once again this year.

They know what they are getting into though. And to be fair to the Stones, they are not obligated to play Glastonbury. They want to go for a big payday, then up to them really. I'd like to see them again, but not choming massively at the bit.

Then you shouldn't have a ticket.

I or one of the hundreds on here who failed to get lucky last Sunday should have your place.

Ignorant fools like yourself make me angry.

What a waste.

I deserve a ticket more than you because i like the rolling stones. Oh do fuck off. Ignorance doesn't quite cover your posts on this thread

Edited by jimmyk83

Looks like The Rolling Stones will be holding out for a bit to decide if they'll headline, could someone like Arcade Fire, who i'd imagine would take a sub slot, be lined up to headline at the moment or willl it be a late booking like Stevie Wonder?

Looks like The Rolling Stones will be holding out for a bit to decide if they'll headline, could someone like Arcade Fire, who i'd imagine would take a sub slot, be lined up to headline at the moment or willl it be a late booking like Stevie Wonder?

could be done either way - I'd guess it would depend on exactly who they've already got pencilled in for the subs slots and who else they might know to be available who is headliner sized.

During an interview on BBC's Radio 2 shortly before the gigs were confirmed, Jagger suggested that the four dates could be a prelude to a longer tour.

"It's not going to be a long tour, the first bit," he said, when asked how many concerts the Stones planned to perform.

oh do fuck off. I bet your own version of a great time is Bruce the blandly bore. :rolleyes:

and by most accounts, bad karoke as the soundtrack.

Which part of "I don't do bad karoke" will I have to keep repeating until you have a chance of grasping it?

Just because your own ears are clearly past their best doesn't mean that mine own are thanks.

Oh goodie. A crowd full of morons, my perfect night out. :)

do you always judge others by your own inadequacies?

so all in all not just a shit night out, but an incrediably tedious one too. Fab.

they're all grossing tours. It doesn't get any grosser.

Glad you like it. I still like my music from a great live band, so I'm pretty damned sure it's not for me. My ears still work.

I thought you were supposed to be a journalist of sorts... What an appalling response.

And please do clean your language up, it really does instantly categorise the type of person you are.

Is this Neil?

Same guy who used to run efestivals?

I deserve a ticket more than you because i like the rolling stones. Oh do fuck off. Ignorance doesn't quite cover your posts on this thread

If people truely believe that Mumford and Sons, Frank Turner and whatever other bland pop acts they care to name are more suitable headliners than the Stones then I'm sorry but they are ignorant of the world around them and should not waste a valuable ticket.

I thought you were supposed to be a journalist of sorts... What an appalling response.

And please do clean your language up, it really does instantly categorise the type of person you are.

Is this Neil?

Same guy who used to run efestivals?

This is Neil, and a real journalist tells it to you straight, which I just did. My words don't come with a promise of lick-arse and they never will.

And really, I don't give a shit what sort of person you think I am. You're the appalling person who said "Then you shouldn't have a ticket" to anyone who disagrees with your stones opinion.

If people truely believe that Mumford and Sons, Frank Turner and whatever other bland pop acts they care to name are more suitable headliners than the Stones then I'm sorry but they are ignorant of the world around them and should not waste a valuable ticket.

i like you. i know not who you are, or from where you came. it matters not.

but it has been a while since i have enjoyed such devotion to a cause. the ability to come across - and i'm going to steal the words of a fellow efester here - as a massive whopper in defence of one's opinions is an oft overlooked trait that deserves at least this humble modicum of recognition and appreciation.

have a wonderful festival, regardless of who headlines.

I know that the op has absolutely no desire to see m&s or the vaccines headline, but was using it to show a wish for the stones not to play. That doesn't make him ignorant, it means he has an opinion. I'm delighted someone as intolerant as yourself hasn't got a ticket

Is the festival full of people who take themselves as seriously and think they're a better class of human as some on here? I might not bother if that's the case, this part of the forum has me worried.

Not for the most part, don't worry.

Is the festival full of people who take themselves as seriously and think they're a better class of human as some on here? I might not bother if that's the case, this part of the forum has me worried.

Ha ha not at all, but if you go on a forum to discuss an event 8 months before it's happening and before any acts have been announced, you're likely to find people with strong views... plus, likelihood is, that, unlike the festival itself, no-one on here will have consumed any Brothers today...

Blimey - I only went off to a few meetings and it all kicked off!

For what it's worth, I'd quite like to see the Stones play, but only so I can decide for myself whether they're overpaid nearly dead hasbeens or the legends of rock some purport them to be.

I went to see the Mona Lisa and was a little underwhelmed.......but at least I know that's not because someone told me I would be.