Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Do you reckon this year could be the year each festival finally gets the headliner they've wanted for years?

Reading finally get green day

download finally get iron maiden

glasto finally get the rolling stones

V festival finally gets beyonce

coachella finally get's daft p- .... well... maybe next time coachella.

Didnt Reading get Green Day last year? and the every other year before that?

Because maybe people have information that Neil hasn't got yet?

As far as i'm aware, we all have the same info. The difference is the belief we each choose to put in one or more parts of that info.

I have more reason to be sceptical over it than others, because there's a bigger belief put in what I say than there is for others. It also gets held against me more if I'm wrong.

But (as history shows) I also have a better record in the public sphere than anyone else for being right with bands that are playing, and a large part of that is because I won't be deflected from solid info for presumptive gossip.

the question was :') aha?

It was "Name Rolling Stones albums" which was clearly a shameless plug for The Stones performance at Glastonbury by the BBC as they'll have coverage of it. This is probably the clearest indication that they're playing yet. This is a source. Neil will be changing them from SR to TDAP (Totally Definitely Absolutely Playing) any minute.

Do you reckon this year could be the year each festival finally gets the headliner they've wanted for years?

Reading finally get green day

download finally get iron maiden

glasto finally get the rolling stones

V festival finally gets beyonce

coachella finally get's daft p- .... well... maybe next time coachella.

Actually it's more like download finally gets rammstein.

Nothing more concrete, but bv still namedropping Glasto on IORR.

He also mentioned a time when they were playing Europe, they flew to Canada from Prague and then back to Germany for gigs so the two week UK visit he's mentioning seems plausible

I find those forums so confusing, could someone be an angel and copy the statements made that say this? I can barely see who's commenting who!

(Dear Neil, PS, thankyou for having a very clear and legible interface for your forums, great respect to your designers!).

Here's the full quote -

Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour

Posted by: bv ()

Date: March 12, 2013 22:01

Yes. I assume they do East coast US early June, then UK two weeks, then the rest of the summer in NA. They did the same with SarsStock Toronto in the middle of the European tour. From Prague to Toronto and back to Germany with a minimum of crew. And generic festival stage. They had a private plane and made it with comfort. I spent 3 days on travel and all my extra miles catching that show. I was in the air 2 days and in Toronto only a day or so. This time they will have more time I think.

Bjornulf

I picked 2 pointless answers.

Proper chuffed with myself.

Did Richard actually list all the pointless answers or was that just six he decided to pick? I refuse to believe that some people actually picked Rewind, Between the Buttons and L A Friday (the three I picked), yet no one picked Rolled Gold, which according to wiki went gold and only came out 5 years ago.

Here's the full quote -

Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour

Posted by: bv ()

Date: March 12, 2013 22:01

Yes. I assume they do East coast US early June, then UK two weeks, then the rest of the summer in NA. They did the same with SarsStock Toronto in the middle of the European tour. From Prague to Toronto and back to Germany with a minimum of crew. And generic festival stage. They had a private plane and made it with comfort. I spent 3 days on travel and all my extra miles catching that show. I was in the air 2 days and in Toronto only a day or so. This time they will have more time I think.

Bjornulf

He could well be lying but... this seems like a good lie.

Did Richard actually list all the pointless answers or was that just six he decided to pick? I refuse to believe that some people actually picked Rewind, Between the Buttons and L A Friday (the three I picked), yet no one picked Rolled Gold, which according to wiki went gold and only came out 5 years ago.

He said none of the studio albums were pointless. Don't think LA Friday made the top 100 which was part of the criteria.

I went for No Security, Stripped and December's Children.