Karlhippy

Rolling Stones...

I could imagine Mike99 showing up to the cider bus wearing a balaclava for some reason.

Can't wait for the cider bus meet

Mike99 - you are a silly sod who doesn't do much to help himself but you do make me chuckle.

Against my much better judgement I'd like to share a cider with you Wednesday or Thursday this year. Ill wear an "I'm Mike99" tshirt in an "I'm Spartacus" way to protect you.

I could imagine Mike99 showing up to the cider bus wearing a balaclava for some reason.

Can't wait for the cider bus meet

Why, are you into balaclava's in some strange perverted way?

Edited by Ommadawn

This is not the mike thread

Hey maybe we could talk about the Rolling Stones?? Possibly..

This is not the mike thread

Hey maybe we could talk about the Rolling Stones?? Possibly..

After you ......

Are they playing then?

I'm trying to think of a previous year where a headliner has been as "talked about" and not done it... if I recall, Led Zep from a couple of years ago... have there been others?

Edited by UEF

Anyone who's interested, the stones official YouTube channel have just put a documentary up on the behind the scenes build up of the 2002 tour, it's about 50 minutes, well worth a watch.

Edited by mike46

Anyone who's interested, the stones official YouTube channel have just put a documentary up on the behind the scenes build up of the 2002 tour, it's about 50 minutes, well worth a watch.

Great shout. Thanks for the heads up. Really interesting and enjoyable watch. When you see them out in the stadium in the dark rehearsing with the jackets on and the hoods up it reminds you that first and foremost they are a group of guys in a band. Of course they may have been driven by money and probably still are but can the £££ really be relevant anymore. How could they even guess how much they are worth to the nearest million. I`m not sure I believe all those who say they wouldn`t watch them at Glastonbury....if they are there of course. Fair enough leaving after a few songs if it`s not your thing but to be at Glastonbury but not be in front of the main stage waiting for the Stones to come on ???? Surely a massive music moment and if not this year then when.

I hope they are not confirmed before the re-sale or I will have even less chance. Long live the will they won`t they dance.

the rolling stones playing or not playing subject has been discussed to death and is beyond tedious. I would prefer to talk about Mike. I like Mike

• Upvote 1

Might be being stupid here but I can't find it, could you link it please?

Me either, could you post it up please

Edit: thank you

Edited by Chazeboy

the rolling stones playing or not playing subject has been discussed to death and is beyond tedious. I would prefer to talk about Mike. I like Mike

I'm with you on this one :)

Once you start on 1 of 5 it lets you click to watch the 5 one after the other...........

I was going to link to the follow up doc Salt Of the Earth but they've taken it down for some reason.

That was cool! I enjoyed it, does make them seem a bit human and it's always cool to see how much effort does go into those big productions.

I did like Mick and Charlie not liking the floor :lol:

Edited by LondonTom

Rewatched Tip of the Tongue myself yesterday having not seen it for a few years.

While there's obviously some elements of it staged for the cameras, it definitely gives the lie to the idea that Mick doesn't give a shit about the shows.

Mike, I see you have registered on IORR just to post "News to follow"!! Are we not enough for you anymore?

Wondering how long it would take someone on here to see that.lol

Rewatched Tip of the Tongue myself yesterday having not seen it for a few years.

While there's obviously some elements of it staged for the cameras, it definitely gives the lie to the idea that Mick doesn't give a shit about the shows.

My favourite part was where Mick was practicing his dance moves. And where he talks about entertaining the crowd, saying "you don't want to overdo it..." Brilliant!

Also love that being in one of the world's biggest bands doesn't seem to have changed Charlie one bit. Thanks for sharing guys, was a great way to pass 50mins.