Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

To be fair, nothing we get will ever convince neil to move it to TBC.

They will stay SR until they are announced, neil can't ruin his reputation and get something wrong ;P

:rolleyes:

I get stuff wrong now and then, it's an inevitable consequence of how my info is gathered. The only time I get to find out for certain if something is right is when it's officially announced.

I'm very happy to trust a trustworthy source, but when someone says they know the tourdates but then reverts to guesses about the tourdates it's clear that they don't really know the tourdates.

Show me some good info and i'll show you the stones marked as a TBC. :)

hehehe, I love the fact that 'Serge from Kasabian' has any kind of inside info. Yeah right.

It probably went something along the lines of...

"Be an exclusive for us at HRC. We're getting the stones for the other night. Imagine the profile it'll give you"

"Sign us up!"

Few weeks later...

"Yeah so sorry Serge, we couldn't get the stones in the end. Think they're gonna be playing glasto your night instead."

"oh arse. Who you get instead? Better not be bruce for the millionth time"...

Edited by Ed209

Bruce doing it again is very odd. Surely he's a back-up for The Stones not doing it?

Yeah. Someone must have let them down. I can't imagine that they originally intended to book him for the 3rd time in 5th years, especially as he's sold tickets for a huge number of UK shows, including 90,000 people across town at Wembley Stadium.

and locations.

So he doesn't know the dates of the tour, he doesn't know the locations for the tour, but he claims that he know everything about the tour, but also says he's guessing.

If you think anything sensible can be taken from those contradictions, well....! :lol:

I have no axe to grind either way on this but the comments did prompt me to have a look at what was actually said:

"They will do approx 20 shows including 2 Philly, 2 LV, Glastonbury, 2 more London (not O2 but major shows), and a few other central US cities, I am just guessing LA, Chicago and Boston, their prime markets."

The 'guess' is clearly stated as relating to the remaining dates not otherwise specified. So it seems to me that what he is predicting (as opposed to what he describes as a guess) Is:

• An "approx" 20 date tour
  • 2 Philly
  • 2LV
  • Glastonbury
  • 2 more in London (not O2)
  • No mainland Europe dates.

Clearly this info is incomplete and lacks detail (exact venues, dates etc) . But as far as it goes it seems to me that he is committing himself to some clear prediction that goes much further than others have done.

It remains to be seen if he is right (though apparently track record is pretty good and I guess he would have his reputation in mind before writing this) but to say that the information is self-descrbed as guesswork, or indeed that it is in any serious way contradictory just seems wrong. He has stuck his neck out with some clear statements and for that reason at least, this is of interest.

I have no axe to grind either way on this but the comments did prompt me to have a look at what was actually said:

"They will do approx 20 shows including 2 Philly, 2 LV, Glastonbury, 2 more London (not O2 but major shows), and a few other central US cities, I am just guessing LA, Chicago and Boston, their prime markets."

The 'guess' is clearly stated as relating to the remaining dates not otherwise specified. So it seems to me that what he is predicting (as opposed to what he describes as a guess) Is:

• An "approx" 20 date tour
  • 2 Philly
  • 2LV
  • Glastonbury
  • 2 more in London (not O2)
  • No mainland Europe dates.

Clearly this info is incomplete and lacks detail (exact venues, dates etc) . But as far as it goes it seems to me that he is committing himself to some clear prediction that goes much further than others have done.

It remains to be seen if he is right (though apparently track record is pretty good and I guess he would have his reputation in mind before writing this) but to say that the information is self-descrbed as guesswork, or indeed that it is in any serious way contradictory just seems wrong. He has stuck his neck out with some clear statements and for that reason at least, this is of interest.

Again, no axe to grind at all but this is the way I read it as well... Seems like BV has some info that he is confident with but the latter part is not as clear.

The bit we are interested in here seems to fall in the part that he is confident with.

Yep, he's committing himself - but in vague enough terms and on things it's pretty easy to take a guess at and have a more-than-decent chance of being right about. If he's wrong on any parts he can point at the vagaries he's used to cover himself (don't forget, this is much the same as I'm often doing all the time too with festie info!).

I've no problem with bjornvik - me and him have shared and discussed stones info on a few occasions over many years, and I know he's got a much better inside track on the stones than I have (or just about anyone has). But the problem there is that his inside track is still not actually very good (or hasn't been in the past, at least) - because it's so damned hard to get the inside track on the stones compared to other bands.

And from that previous contact I also know how he was on those occasions, and that he's being very different about this info now. And, I know how he gathers most of his info (cos he's told me in the past), and so I know it's probably not as solid as it's being presented as.

On top of that, some of what he's told me privately just doesn't seem to add up to me. It could be true, but it runs counter to so much that it widely presumed &/or publicly reported.

There's probably no one I would put more faith in for stones info than Bjornvik - and yet I'm having great difficulty putting that faith in him here, because too much about it all just doesn't feel right for one reason or another.

My take on things is that he's got some solid bits and pieces of info, but that he's then used that to flesh it out into something bigger, by going with stuff like rumours of Glastonbury. But perhaps I'm doing him a disservice.

Whichever it is, the vagaries he's used gets to mean that we'll never actually know if he's working from solid info or if he's pieced stuff together, even if everything about an announced stones tour fits exactly within what he's said.

The Stones not doing HRC does not equal the Stones doing Glastonbury, they could easily be doing neither.

Yup it seems some people struggle with this concept, which also means Serge might have thought they are doing Glastonbury instead once he heard they had pulled out for the same reasons.

Overall we're still where we were last week, but with some signs that they might do it (but one of those could also mean they are not in the UK around Glastonbury..)

Think? I think there's a more than decent chance that things have moved on some, yeah - but whether that goes as far as Glastonbury having got their names signed in blood on a contract, I'm not so sure.But I don't work from 'think'.

Ok. So are you a fan of the stones? Would you go and watch?