Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

I'm not reading *too* much into it, but it's a potential indicator.

And they didn't start the last tour in the States, though it looks like they might be playing there in May prior to Glastonbury. If you look at their tour itineraries they hop between countries quite a bit. I think - key personnel aside - they have enough hired hands in their operation to set up shop in three different locations, never mind in two.

it's a small tour. I doubt they want the big wagons unless they want no dosh from the tour.

I'm not reading *too* much into it, but it's a potential indicator.

And they didn't start the last tour in the States, though it looks like they might be playing there in May prior to Glastonbury. If you look at their tour itineraries they hop between countries quite a bit. I think - key personnel aside - they have enough hired hands in their operation to set up shop in three different locations, never mind in two.

Its defo a factor. I was convinced until I read Wyman's comments.

OK so they started the last tour with one date in Canada and then the states. Same for the two tours previous. Presume its some sort of tax/money saving thing. But my point is that if they start across the Atlantic, it lessens the chance of them playing Glastonbury for me.

Not that I care that much to be honest. If theres someone half decent elsewhere I'll go see them instead. Its one of those headliners that will sound great for the festival, a marquee signing, "The Rolling Stones at Glastonbury", but in reality it'll be pretty pedestrian and lame. Theres nothing exciting about them. Just a load of formerly great musicians faxing in the hits Vegas style.

Edited by The Nal

it looks like it - but unless he's got anything else scheduled there's presumably no reason why he couldn't hang around for a guest slot.

He could stay at Redlands with Anita Pallenberg - it's not that far away.

it looks like it - but unless he's got anything else scheduled there's presumably no reason why he couldn't hang around for a guest slot.

He could stay at Redlands with Anita Pallenberg - it's not that far away.

Isn't she a bit old for Bill's tastes?

Yeah I am staying far from convinced to, I got a bit excited with the Bill Wyman thing thinking it might actually happen but I am far from convinced.

And Serge doesn't sound like he knows what day of the week it is most of the time, he could have easily read it somewhere just as we might and mentioned it.

Edited by LondonTom

on the stones fans website

Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 6, 2013 22:46

About the tour this summer:

They will do approx 20 shows including 2 Philly, 2 LV, Glastonbury, 2 more London (not O2 but major shows), and a few other central US cities, I am just guessing LA, Chicago and Boston, their prime markets.

Bjornulf

By the way, only USA and Glastonbury+London this time around. Be prepared to travel. They will do the shows block by block. That is the right way to do it when they are at this stage. After these 20 or so shows they will of course look into more shows, but do not count on it. Anybody can easily travel 2-3 hours by cheap flights to London. That is where they started, that's a great place to see the Stones. And if you live in USA then hop on the Greyhound or Amtrak or a cheap fligh. This is the time for the Stones. Make space in your calendar, and see you on tour!

PS. No mainland Europe shows, and don't blame me, I don't manage the Stones. Also I see a very good reason. There are very few arena stages that can take 15,000 - 20,000 people in Europe, but I do know Bercy want them for multiple shows, so may be later...

Bjornulf

Still not bolted on, put maybe looking tacked up there with some Blu Tac.

I'm with you on this one, in my mind they're as good as playing. Been a lot of bits over the last week and I trust Bjornulf - he was spot on with everything last year, new singles, tour dates, warm up show etc.

Twitter is in meltdown right now... for alot of people this is the first they are hearing about the stones.

People are going fucking nuts!

It was my understanding that everybody and their dog was under the impression that the Stones were playing. Whenever I've told people I'm going this year the response 4 out of 5 times is "Oh lucky you, I'd love to see Fleetwood Mac and The Rolling Stones" (sometimes names like Bowie, Daft Punk, Prince and a few other usual suspects get thrown in there, often people know these things for certain on account of "it was leaked on the internet").

Not everyone follows rumours though?

So many people I knew were convinced coldplay and eminem we're headlining... don't know where they got that from...

Do your friends live in some sort of cave then? I spose your right, hardly any media outlets have mentioned the stones doing Glastonbury...

on the stones fans website

Re: Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2013 Tour

Posted by: bv ()

Date: March 6, 2013 22:46

About the tour this summer:

They will do approx 20 shows including 2 Philly, 2 LV, Glastonbury, 2 more London (not O2 but major shows), and a few other central US cities, I am just guessing LA, Chicago and Boston, their prime markets.

Bjornulf

By the way, only USA and Glastonbury+London this time around. Be prepared to travel. They will do the shows block by block. That is the right way to do it when they are at this stage. After these 20 or so shows they will of course look into more shows, but do not count on it. Anybody can easily travel 2-3 hours by cheap flights to London. That is where they started, that's a great place to see the Stones. And if you live in USA then hop on the Greyhound or Amtrak or a cheap fligh. This is the time for the Stones. Make space in your calendar, and see you on tour!

PS. No mainland Europe shows, and don't blame me, I don't manage the Stones. Also I see a very good reason. There are very few arena stages that can take 15,000 - 20,000 people in Europe, but I do know Bercy want them for multiple shows, so may be later...

Bjornulf

so there you go - the contradictions get to show that he doesn't know what he claims to know.