Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Christ, it'd take the reformation of the original Beatles themselves to persuade me that leaving Glasto for a day would be a good idea.

Not Kasabian who, reasonable a band as they are, you can go and see playing at the Dog and Duck any day of the week.

Christ, it'd take the reformation of the original Beatles themselves to persuade me that leaving Glasto for a day would be a good idea.

Oooh I don't know, Lennon's been doing nowt for a while. Would he be as good now? I've heard on good authority he's not had a shower or anything to eat since the 70's, he's probably in no good shape to be honest. Suppose it might be worth it for an "I was there" sort of thing. I have my doubts about Harrison these days also....

While Beardface from Kasabian probably does have contacts in the know, it's still possible that he's getting his info from the same rumours as everyone else, so really this technically changes nothing.

However, I'm optimistic. Bill Wyman being in the vicinity is as big a hint as you could hope for.

Isn't Bill Wyman playing the Friday though?

However, I'm optimistic. Bill Wyman being in the vicinity is as big a hint as you could hope for.

Bill has said that he wasn't happy with how he was used on the 50th anniversary gigs, only playing two songs, one rehearsal and no sound check. Hes also said Keith rang him and asked him "to come jam with them". Mick didn't call. Mick is probably involved in ordering the sort of bog roll provided at the arena so him not calling Wyman is very telling. And very poor.

I get the impression that Wyman is very far removed from the whole thing and is only an afterthought. So I wouldn't read too much into it.

Also, they always start off tours in America. Its standard stuff. Press conference in New York and then a load of gigs in America. Cheaper logistically. Can't see them uplifting their entire setup, road crew, sound guys, Micks entourage (he travels like Jennifer Lopez that lad) for one gig in the UK?

I'm not reading *too* much into it, but it's a potential indicator.

And they didn't start the last tour in the States, though it looks like they might be playing there in May prior to Glastonbury. If you look at their tour itineraries they hop between countries quite a bit. I think - key personnel aside - they have enough hired hands in their operation to set up shop in three different locations, never mind in two.