Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Its hard to get your head round those kinds of cost. I've prob been to 2-300 gigs in my time and festivals aside the most I've ever paid for a gig was £75 a ticket for Rod Stewart as a birthday present for my partner who took her friend. The next being £55 in the summer for the stone roses. I just cannot comprehend £800+ for a pair of tickets. I just can't see who is in a position to pay that. Id love to see them play but if they are that driven by wealth then I don't think they fit the glasto ethos even if they do agree to play.

I reckon no more than 2,000 standing tickets? These will be the cheapest price as well I reckon, stones fans don't like standing (or at least that's the impression I get from the forums)

Cos their knees ain't as good as they used to be? :P

105 quid to sit at the back of the o2!!!! When that's all I can get for gigs there, I don't even bother at 50 quid!

....it's a sad day when the cheapest ticket cost more then 100 quid. I could stretch to it maybe.....but even If I could I wouldn't out of principal. I feel sorry for any younger people/people on a lower income who like the Stones but just won't be able to afford those prices. Madonna did the same thing earlier on this year I wonder who'll be next to start pricing their fans out of their shows.

LEVEL 4

£106.00 - £406.00.

£106.00 (£95.00 Ticket + £11.00 Fees) £406.00 (£375.00 Ticket + £31.00 Fees).

LEVEL 1

£166.00 - £406.00.

£166.00 (£150.00 Ticket + £16.00 Fees) £406.00 (£375.00 Ticket + £31.00 Fees).

FLOOR SEATING

£406.00

£406.00 (£375.00 Ticket + £31.00 Fees).

I'm amazed that there are still enough people that interested in seeing them that they're willing to pay that amount.

But then again there was a woman in the supermarket the other week buying Adele's album and saying to her son "I've heard one of these songs, i think I'll get this" so clearly there are people in this country who live in caves without any access to the outside world for long periods of time.

The ticket prices are crazy. Who as that much money to spend on one concert, £400? That's 2 big festivals or a decent holiday.

Am I missing something here or are they just THAT good live? Maybe if they announced with another legendary band, I can understand the price a little more.

Does this not put them out of the running for Glasto if they can make that much money per concert (if it sells out)? Are they charging that much to make up for the little they will make at Glasto? What promoter decided that price was fair?

Surely any tout would not be stupid enough to gamble that much money on tickets

They have never charged anything but a lot of money for concert tickets. Ever. They've always charged more than anyone else.

which is why, I think, they won't do Glasto.

Jagger is a "jam now" guy, who doesn't believe in doing anything unless it's for every possible penny. I don't think he'll be swayed from that with the thought of the "jam tomorrow" that Glasto would bring with back catalogue sales.

I think the embarrassment of these concerts possibly not selling out due to the eyewatering ticket prices might cause Jagger to revise his views on when the jam arrives.

If it doesn't sell out it won't bother Jagger financially. It's the promoter who takes the hit and not the band.

The promoter sets the prices, with the prices based on the cost of the offer that promoter has made to the band.