Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Well they didn't break no records - tickets are still on sale - at £300 each mind.

No records - but 5 mins later, no tickets. At the prices, is it a record for the gross take at a single arena gig ? Bet it is.

I was on the booking page a couple of times, but the system wouldn't allocate tix, and all went to sold out/unavailable. Kind of just looking - but would maybe have got a couple of 106 ones...they just went instantly.

Quick sell out for a £££££'s show

they could easily have put the anti touting measures in place that radiohead had - you had to take the card you booked the tickets with and it got swiped on the way in. You had to take photo id to prove you were the cardholder (though this wasnt checked when I went it, but it still put off the touts). It didnt cause the massive queues I was expecting either

I guess this just proves they couldnt care less for their fans

No records - but 5 mins later, no tickets.

That's not true when I posted that at 20 past nine there were tickets on SeeTickets for both dayson the £300 tier. So that's not 5 minutes, and quite a slow sell out all gone by 9.40am - probably mainly to touts.

Saw Crossfire Hurricane last night. Excellent. But having seen Celebration Day the night previous, reminds you that they're not on the same planet as Zeppelin on a musician level.

/me whisper - I think that's what some people have been saying (in this thread) :whistle:

/me whisper - I think that's what some people have been saying (in this thread) whistle.gif

Oh theres no question I know but when you see films from both bands back to back like that it really smacks you in the face.

Its sold out now Scottie.

Who the fuck are these people buying tickets for 400 quid!!? mosking.gif

Edited by The Nal

Wow - they have loads.

Obscene.

it is completely fucking obscene

The whole thing just reeks of shit - the original ticket prices and the touting. It's further proof that the Stones are nothing to do with music, it's just a massive machine for sucking money out of people. It's just fucking awful and they shouldnt be allowed anywhere near Pilton.

However much I like Beggars, Exile, Sticky Fingers etc, I've a good mind to sling my copies in the bin....

it is completely fucking obscene

The whole thing just reeks of shit - the original ticket prices and the touting. It's further proof that the Stones are nothing to do with music, it's just a massive machine for sucking money out of people. It's just fucking awful and they shouldnt be allowed anywhere near Pilton.

However much I like Beggars, Exile, Sticky Fingers etc, I've a good mind to sling my copies in the bin....

Its always been obscene with them!

That's not true when I posted that at 20 past nine there were tickets on SeeTickets for both dayson the £300 tier. So that's not 5 minutes, and quite a slow sell out all gone by 9.40am - probably mainly to touts.

I meant 5 minutes later than your post, which is what i was replying to - not 9:05. ie just about 9.30 - when I had booking pages up for both dates, all showing no availability at all price points. A couple of times it let me select 2 tickets, only to fall over when BUY tickets was chosen.

A huge payday for the band, agents and venue - and as you say, touts(official and ebay scammers) all over it like a rash.

slightly grubby way to end a 50year careers, imo.

Although a greatest hits spot on the pyramid could be a decent high profile goodbye, it seems one last raid on the fans walletts couldn't be resisted. If they sold the entire arena at £100 a ticket, I suspect most people wouldn't begrudge that.

What would have been nice, and quite apropriate - ALL tickets for their hometown London farwell gigs @ £50, £1 for each year first come first served, no hospitality packages, no golden wristnabds etc etc ...just £50 a pop, on sale at 9 - come & get em. Radiohead style ID checks ( ie, cardbearer must be present).

Grrrrrr indeed.

Band would still be paid well, cover all show costs, and finish their live career with ( a kind of) a thank you to fans who managed to get tickets for the London shows. A few enormo-fees from a couple of festivals and a few big stadium gigs overseas would top up the bank account ( as if they actually need it)

Edited by beodeejay

Its a shambles I agree - and all about the money

If they do play Glastonbury though that will restore some of my repsect for them - everyone knows there's bigger paydays out there (Festival wise), if they played Glastonbury it would be for the love of music and the aura of the place rather than the £££

Its a shambles I agree - and all about the money

If they do play Glastonbury though that will restore some of my repsect for them - everyone knows there's bigger paydays out there (Festival wise), if they played Glastonbury it would be for the love of music and the aura of the place rather than the £££

Yes, the love of the aura.... and the massive BBC and worldwide coverage that it gets at a time when they're releasing new materials and no doubt tonnes of '50 years' memorabilia...

I don't get the Stones thing at all. Who is buying tickets at that price ? I saw them in '86 and they were pretty much washed up then. 25 years later and they're still flogging the same old horse,

it's incredible really.

Not anyone necessarily - when viagogo do this they'll start selling the tickets high, if they don't sell they'll drop the price, if they start to sell raise it slightly, and so on. All under the guise of it being a re-sale site used by genuine ticket holders.

Not anyone necessarily - when viagogo do this they'll start selling the tickets high, if they don't sell they'll drop the price, if they start to sell raise it slightly, and so on. All under the guise of it being a re-sale site used by genuine ticket holders.

I don't know how they get away with it. There was a documentary on a little while back, dispatches maybe, that showed they were getting tickets direct from promoters and selling them as soon as they were released to the public. Seatwave, viagogo, letmein, all the same. Licensed touts