Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Stones have dropped a bollock here. Made a right dog's breakfast of the whole thing.

Reckon theyre planning on making a DVD thus the need to have the proles going ballistic down the front.

I reckon that'll turn out to be a mistake TBH.

Thats where me and Mardy were mate, yes. No other option really.

Sound where we were was obviously ace. Couldnt see a feckin thing mind, but there was loadsa room.

Didn't get there until The Universal - was devastated when I realised that I could have heard it if I'd moved sooner from being down at the front left!

Didn't get there until The Universal - was devastated when I realised that I could have heard it if I'd moved sooner from being down at the front left!

We tried - and failed - to head towards the front right midway through New Order.

We tried - and failed - to head towards the front right midway through New Order.

I camped there all day - easy access to the loos, food and real ale tent plus a cracking view. Sound was fine until New Order but we just assumed (sooooooo stupidly) that it would get louder for Blur. Idiot?

I had to pick up my friends (from the gate) just after New order and just charged down the far right of the crowd (where there was virtually nobody) and then just cut inside after that, got quite close in time for the specials. Then i got even closer during Blur (about 15/20 rows from the front)

Someone's posted this on IORR:

I just rand AEG Hospitality (0207 757 7563) "enquiring" about the Bon Jovi/Stones packages and was told by a very helpful young lady that the map we've all been looking at is a fake one and that it is being rectified as we speak, and that Tier 1 is right beside (in front) of the stage with Tier 2 behind and GA Tier 3 behind that !! Also, they are doing the same deals for the 13th July show. Let's wait and see !!

If you read the Stones official Twitter account this morning it says they were waiting on the map from AEG, so that's probably where the faux pas has arisen.

As you say, it looks kinda like the layout from last year's HRC gigs. I wasn't there for Blur but saw Springsteen and it had that odd sort of hopsitality tier away down on the bottom centre..

All the proper fat cats were in the stand at Blur. "Khants" as Mardy called 'em. Repeatedly.

Most preposterously, they weren't for New Order or The Specials - presumably too busy eating and listening to records to watch two of the best bands Britain has ever produced. Morons with money.

In the instance of the Stones In the Park II, I'll be exercising my prerogative to be elsewhere when The Vaccines and The Temper Trap are 'entertaining' the masses pre-show.

Which is fair enough but surely not for NE or The Specials if they turned up?!!

Incidentally, saw Temper Trap last year expecting them to be dull as dishwater and was pleasantly surprised as I really enjoyed them.

Most preposterously, they weren't for New Order or The Specials - presumably too busy eating and listening to records to watch two of the best bands Britain has ever produced. Morons with money.

I love New Order but they were crap in Hyde Park. I was a bit unsure about seeing them without Hooky, and they didn't deliver imo. Partly down to timing, sound levels and crowd, but they just didn't seem into it. The Specials were magnificent as always.

on the topic of those w*nky reserved areas, I started off in the fenced off area by the sound desk for guestlist people, but my friends and I left during New Order and joined the crowd proper. Lots of liggers inside the cage...