Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

people like to complain about Bruce's Cowboy Pete, but this song Get On Your Boots has got to be the worst song ever written. What the fuck is it? "get on your boots, sexy boots, dum dum..."

I'm not saying I'm a fan of it! But it was the lead single from the latest album.

I was gonna let it slide but it was a daft comment.

U2 gave Glasto the beans. The weather wrecked that night. Pure and simple.

Even Better Than The Real Thing - hit

The Fly - hit

Mysterious Ways - hit

Until The End Of The World

One - hit

Where The Streets Have No Name - hit

I Will Follow - minor hit

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - hit

Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

Beautiful Day - hit

Elevation

Get On Your Boots

Vertigo

Sunday Bloody Sunday - hit

Bad - hit

Pride (In The Name Of Love) - hit

With Or Without You - hit

Moment of Surrender

Out Of Control

Surely you would consider Vertigo a hit of theirs? It was the biggest song from How to dismantle an atomic bomb and was played to my recollection a lot at that time. This was when i really got into U2 as well and had seen them on that tour. They even played the song twice, near the start and right at the end too.

Another problem is i don't understand how Moment of Surrender was never a big hit from their newest album. It's by far the best song that they released from it. The rest was a load of crap.

Charlie's? Yes, it has. Although when you look at his heroes...it wasnt unknown for jazz musicians in the 50s to be into a bit of brown...

ITs his age thats baffling. Being clean (ish) all that time in a band with Jones and Keef doing enough drugs on a daily basis to kill a small horse and then hitting the brown in your mid 40s?! A bizarre one.

ITs his age thats baffling. Being clean (ish) all that time in a band with Jones and Keef doing enough drugs on a daily basis to kill a small horse and then hitting the brown in your mid 40s?! A bizarre one.

I plan to develop a full blown habit in my 70s...fuck all to lose and it might make my twilight years more enjoyable :)

Surely you would consider Vertigo a hit of theirs? It was the biggest song from How to dismantle an atomic bomb and was played to my recollection a lot at that time. This was when i really got into U2 as well and had seen them on that tour. They even played the song twice, near the start and right at the end too.

Another problem is i don't understand how Moment of Surrender was never a big hit from their newest album. It's by far the best song that they released from it. The rest was a load of crap.

Not a hit in the same vein as "One" or "Desire". Its an example of U2 trying to sound "hip" and failing. I don't like Vertigo - its a nothing song - but the chunky riff did sound great at reverberating in the rain at Glastonbury.

Moment of Surrender is a beauty mate, yes. Don't think its as strong as "Breathe" on the album but those two clearly stand out from the rest of the record which is poor enough by their standards.

Exile On Main Street remains Exile On Main Street, regardless of the post-70s decline in their recorded output or the cost of their tickets.

Blonde on Blonde's not sullied by Down in the Groove, is it? Pet Sounds is no worse for Mike Love collaborating with the Fat Boys.

But Mike Love has continually pissed on the Beach Boys legacy, and he's a monumental c**t

But Mike Love has continually pissed on the Beach Boys legacy, and he's a monumental c**t

But it still doesn't tarnishes their output. It can only tarnish *your response* to their output, and only then if you let it. Mike Love being a tool is about the farthest thing from my mind when I'm listening to Surf's Up.

But it still doesn't tarnishes their output. It can only tarnish *your response* to their output, and only then if you let it. Mike Love being a tool is about the farthest thing from my mind when I'm listening to Surf's Up.

I dont think of Mike Love at all if I can help it. And of course you're right, it doesnt tarnish the Beach Boys' recorded output. But Mike Love performing as the Beach Boys, with a bunch of nobodies, is an insult to that recorded legacy. Although it does not tarnish my response to music I love, it doesnt mean that I dont want him to shut the fuck up

I think the U2 setlist was fine, but the songs were played in the wrong order.

Please tell me that was an intentional gag?

A play on the classic Eric Morecombe line...

I think he has a point about the song order.

I've listened back to a recording of the Glastonbury set many times and it is clearly better than the reaction to it.

Had they put Moment of Surrender in the middle and ended on a bigger song such as Streets, more people would have gone away happy.

Out of Control was a last minute addition, had they opted for something like New Years Day instead I think that would have been a fine way to send people off into the night.

Personally I thought they were great songs to end on but I'm a bit of a fan. A number of people around me clearly didn't know either song.

I also think they should have mixed up the Achtung Baby stuff a bit more. Again, I loved it but if you weren't a fan of that album (who in their right mind wouldn't be), it was a bit of a slog to something you were waiting to hear.

First Hyde Park show now sold out. Would expect the second one on the 13th to be announced fairly shortly....

Also, it appears the arena layouts online aren't accurate, so it's possible that they're using the Tongue Stage again and the Diamond and Gold tickets get you into the pit and around the walkways and the £95 tickets are for everywhere else.

52940351.jpg

Not a hit in the same vein as "One" or "Desire". Its an example of U2 trying to sound "hip" and failing. I don't like Vertigo - its a nothing song - but the chunky riff did sound great at reverberating in the rain at Glastonbury.

Moment of Surrender is a beauty mate, yes. Don't think its as strong as "Breathe" on the album but those two clearly stand out from the rest of the record which is poor enough by their standards.

Yeah definitely not as big as those though in it's own right regardless of how it's been perceived and how different the sound is for them it's the biggest song they have had for a good couple of years now.