Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

I feel for the stones to get Glasto right they'll have to start out with 3/4 big hits and end on some big ones too, its normally the first 5 or so songs that set up the set so hopefully they start on some bangers.

Still think U2 should have started on Beautiful Day, I understand bands are a bit wary though because the sound could start out shit so they tend to test with a shit one at festivals.

I feel for The Stones as well, in a 2.5 hour set they still wont be able to play all of the big hits - seriously, they will play and I guess the majority of the crowd will know practically every song and be singing along to most of them.

Its a case of bringing out the really big hits or the even bigger hits.

ha good for him. Why shouldnt he be able to speak his mind.

If I was in a band I reckon I'd hate playing outdoor gigs too

i agree that people should speak their mind but not when it puts a dampner on the whole affair. he knows how many people want them to play, why be negative and say such a thing? i see no positives with that.

what a sausage.

i agree that people should speak their mind but not when it puts a dampner on the whole affair. he knows how many people want them to play, why be negative and say such a thing? i see no positives with that.

what a sausage.

really? It's put a dampner on the whole thing for you has it?

How peculiar.

I feel for the stones to get Glasto right they'll have to start out with 3/4 big hits and end on some big ones too, its normally the first 5 or so songs that set up the set so hopefully they start on some bangers.

Still think U2 should have started on Beautiful Day, I understand bands are a bit wary though because the sound could start out shit so they tend to test with a shit one at festivals.

Eh?? Are you on drugs? Starting with a shit one? Three songs from one of the probable top 50 best albums ever, and all better songs than Beautiful Day!

Saying U2 only have 7 or 8 hits is also comedy of the highest order. At least though their new albums aren't all solid gold, they have produced more consistently than the Stones and have at least 2 good songs from each album. Try to say that about any Stones album after 1981.

really? It's put a dampner on the whole thing for you has it?

How peculiar.

really.... you're questioning my disappointment at that? you’re peculiar. i don’t know about you but i don’t really enjoy watching someone on stage who doesn’t want to be there. granted there will be 3 others who we believe will want to be, so in this instance not too much damage done, but never the less its still a pretty negative thing to say.... Peculiar, you f-ing tit.

Edited by neil_hill_1

Eh?? Are you on drugs? Starting with a shit one? Three songs from one of the probable top 50 best albums ever, and all better songs than Beautiful Day!

Saying U2 only have 7 or 8 hits is also comedy of the highest order. At least though their new albums aren't all solid gold, they have produced more consistently than the Stones and have at least 2 good songs from each album. Try to say that about any Stones album after 1981.

I was gonna let it slide but it was a daft comment.

U2 gave Glasto the beans. The weather wrecked that night. Pure and simple.

Even Better Than The Real Thing - hit

The Fly - hit

Mysterious Ways - hit

Until The End Of The World

One - hit

Where The Streets Have No Name - hit

I Will Follow - minor hit

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - hit

Stay (Faraway, So Close!)

Beautiful Day - hit

Elevation

Get On Your Boots

Vertigo

Sunday Bloody Sunday - hit

Bad - hit

Pride (In The Name Of Love) - hit

With Or Without You - hit

Moment of Surrender

Out Of Control

Try to say that about any Stones album after 1981.

Ah, go on then.

Undercover: She Was Hot and the title track

Dirty Work: Sleep Tonight and One Hit

Steel Wheels: Continental Drift and Slipping Away

Voodoo Lounge: Out Of Tears and The Worst

Bridges to Babylon: Out Of Control and Saint Of Me

A Bigger Bang: Rough Justice and Laugh, I Nearly Died

Though yer mileage may vary.

Ah, go on then.

Undercover: She Was Hot and the title track

Dirty Work: Sleep Tonight and One Hit

Steel Wheels: Continental Drift and Slipping Away

Voodoo Lounge: Out Of Tears and The Worst

Bridges to Babylon: Out Of Control and Saint Of Me

A Bigger Bang: Rough Justice and Laugh, I Nearly Died

This. And you could go to three for reach album, easy. Even on Dirty Work!

"Find some loser find some jerk,

Find some greaseball...

Yaaaaaa".

That "Yaaaaaa" should be Micks incoming text sound on his phone.

Edited by The Nal

really.... you're questioning my disappointment at that? you’re peculiar. i don’t know about you but i don’t really enjoy watching someone on stage who doesn’t want to be there. granted there will be 3 others who we believe will want to be, so in this instance not too much damage done, but never the less its still a pretty negative thing to say.... Peculiar, you f-ing tit.

so you're going to be stood there watching the stones with diminished enjoyment because you know the drummer prefers indoor gigs?

You are a crank