Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Hmmm...I would imagine they were pretty good watching them there, but on tv it was pretty poor. Nice to see Mick Taylor back on stage with them though. Even though I gave my ticket up this year and am doing just a Sunday I think I would have given watching them a miss, nothing to do with the band just the size of that crowd would have put me off, no were to put my seat :girlhaha:

I think that The Rolling Stones looked like a let down and all the hype was for relatively nothing. It wont be a popular view, but they werent that great from what was shown on TV. Obviously being there would be a different experience, but they didnt seem to sound that good on TV and didnt have much energy. I know they are old but the show they put on didnt seem to live up to what I expected it to. Does anyone else agree??

I do. I think the BBCs rescrictions on how much they could cover didn't help. I can imagine it is one of those things that you have to "be in the place for"

My husband and I had the conversation last night of if you were there would you go and see the Stones or it would be a missed opportunity and everyone would be asking you about it or would you go and see something else...

What songs did the Beeb show?

Miss You then the rest of the set, including that awesome encore. Pretty glad they did the last hour, even thought the first hour had more of the hits.

It was amazing! The crowd really made it. Huge energy. Did mick singing 'Glastonbury girl' make it on to the telly?

Nope, special Glasto only moment there ;)

Yeah i think not showing the full gig didnt help the people at home.

Saying that parts were good and parts were great. It didnt help being thrown in the middle of the gig.

I know from previous experience if you were down the front it would of been superb. I found the u2 gig and even oasis in 04 to be great cause it was right in the front pit. Gutted i wasnt there yesterday role on hyde park

I was under the understanding that BBC were meant to be showing the first hour of their set, but it looked like the last hour that was shown. I think the set list (in parts) was the same as the Copacabana show in Brazil, where they did sanctification as encore ect, so it wasnt a full new setlist. I was expecting the set they used to be better, rather than a few screens and the extra walkways

Massive sound problems to the left of the stage, just in from the Water Aid stall. Simply wasn't loud enough. Band seemed tight enough. I lasted till Miss You then went to Shangri La. Vast majority of my group were disappointed. Certainly wasn't anywhere near the heights of Blur / Stevie Wonder

Edited by Badlands