Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Do their egos allow for anyone to get limelight/credit?

I think it's a win - win to get Taylor onstage for a lot more than just one number - maybe even the latter half of the show.

Sure, he's not the guitarist he once was *either*, but it'll up the general welly of the guitar sound which is where it sometimes needs a helping hand.

That Stones Hyde Park gig represents EVERYTHING that is wrong with live music these days from the outrageous pricing to the barclay card only presale! It makes me sad that so many people who'd probably love to see the Stones just won't be able to as they won't be able to afford it.

On the other hand that's probably what made the Glastonbury appearance financially feasible.

I think there are a few more US dates right? and maybe an Austrailian Leg after hyde park?

There's also rumours that theres going to be more UK dates after Australia. Along with EU dates?

Sounds like alot for the stones, which makes it sound less possible!

I take it we're to assume there are no further dates, right?

Pretty sure they 13th will be announced too.

Oh yeh - bar that date... like theres no Euro leg even rumoured at the moment?

Needless to say some of the prices for the premium tickets in the US are a farce. Face value of $660.

Edited by Wooderson

I think the sole purpose of this was tour was the US seeing as you really can't get away with four gigs.

I think that because they were touring, other things wanted them to hop on the band wagon, eg glasto & hyde park. So an EU tour may not really be on the cards.

399 squandoolees is crrrrrrrrrazy! The Stones for basically the price of 2 years of Glasto (give or take)

:startle:

It's a gig the Stones need to do and at that price point too - they've got to make up for the charity gig they're doing a week before :D

I was behind the sounddesk for Blur. My advice is pack in the booze lads cuz you can't see/hear shite.

On the other hand you got the unmitigated horror of me in full on drunken c**t mode, both sound and vision, so you know, swings and roundabouts..

it's quite funny that after all these months on these boards of people saying 'fuck the Stones' 'greedy bastards' 'they don't deserve to headline if they don't want to' 'give their spot to somebody who loves the festival' etc etc it turns out that they're doing it for the regular fee and actually seem pretty excited about doing it. warms my heart somewhat. just hope the performance shows it!

:lol:

I'm flying to Chicago and home from New Orleans later this year and my flights cost that all in. Give or take a tenner.

We did it last year same journey, you will have an amazing time

Go see washboard Chaz on Frenchmen or myisha lake

Edited by Chazeboy

it's quite funny that after all these months on these boards of people saying 'fuck the Stones' 'greedy bastards' 'they don't deserve to headline if they don't want to' 'give their spot to somebody who loves the festival' etc etc it turns out that they're doing it for the regular fee and actually seem pretty excited about doing it. warms my heart somewhat. just hope the performance shows it!

The fact remains that they are a bunch of greedy c**ts