Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

money became Jaggers motivation, but it wasn't in the beginning, and I don't believe Keith has ever given a fuck about it really

The biggest myth ever about the Rolling Stones is that its only Mick Jagger that is interested in the money.

Keith's excuse that he only left the country because of the rozzers in the 60s is absolute bollocks. He's just as greedy as the other one. Hiding behind a frazzled persona changes nowt!

Surely money has become irrelevant a long time ago for such rich ***ers.

I for one cannot believe I might finally get a chance to see them... and a last chance at that.

In all honesty I've never got into jack white that much.

I know from other people that he's a huge music act, if he played/subbed the stones it might give me a push to see what the hype is about :music:

I think he is the most overrated artist on the planet. Utterly bland. Weak songs. He's also a crude business man, with a very firm grasp on his image. He was commissioned and wrote a song for a Coca-Cola advert. You don't hear many people describe him "heavily motivated by money" though.

Sorry a little of topic..

Edited by danbailey80

Even as someone who found the White Stripes a frequently-thrilling live act, the Jack White show I saw back in November was pretty underwhelming. He brought out the big hits so I couldn't complain from a setlist point of view, it just seemed a bit less exciting and kinetic than of old. The only way I'd likely see him again at Glasto would be if he was subbing for the Stones.

At any rate, I've still not got around to watching the PPV, but the consensus seems to be that Keith's currently playing better than he has for years so I'm way more optimistic about seeing them than I was a few months back.

I couldn't get on with Blunderbuss at all. I quite liked the White Stripes, saw them a couple of times, but haven't really been moved by any of his other stuff since then. I think he's a decent chap, and I'm happy he's doing what he's doing, but it doesn't move me, really.

The album itself is pretty good, I think, but it just didn't translate live. I dunno - I wanted to like the gig more than I did, but everyone else I went with was disappointed too. Maybe it was partly due to the venue, but it all just seemed a little MOR and boring.

Venturing (even) further off topic, last year as great for newly-released music.

So... Does @efestivals retweeting the Rolling Stones tweet from last June saying they aren't playing mean they they aren't, or that Neil is about to prove them to be liars??

Still listed as a Strong Rumour for the Saturday night.

If - as looks likely with today's developments - they're announced for Coachella then chances are looking better and better for them playing.

Or worse and worse, depending on your POV, of course.