Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Why anyone would need to buy tickets on the secondary market when the shows might not even sell out at face value is anyone's guess.

It's not just people who're not fans that think the tickets are over-priced. All the usual Stones messageboards are chocka with people boycotting the shows as they can't afford them.

It's not boycotting if you can't afford to go.

Er - if it helps stir things up a bit, I don't really care for Frank Turner.

That is, I didn't really have any opinion on him at all until it became clear that his politics and views on things like the BNP weren't my cup of tea.

Hi,

That doesn't stir it up at all. You've expressed a preference, and your reason for that preference, without insulting anybody. I can't see anyone having a problem with that. I only mentioned him before because he seemed to provoke a particular level of rage from Arronbury earlier, which led to what i felt was an undeserved personal attack on other posters.

Good news!

Just manged to sell 2 of our Stones tickets (that yesterday you all argued were overpriced in the low hundreds) for a few thousand pounds (won't say exact amount).

So you'll be delighted to know I've just purchased a luxury VIP weekend in Pilton next june with helicopter etc etc.

Some people have all the luck don't they.

Anyway, I'll see you all at the Cider Bus on Wednesday!

Yeeeeee!

Best news is I don't have to read all of your dribble anymore in the hope they'll be info about how to get a ticket so.

See you all there!!!

Just a couple of observations:

1 - I suspect that very little of your response is true (I could be wrong, and I'll be happy to admit it if proved otherwise, but that's my gut instinct).

2 - I notice that in your response you've managed to fail utterly to actually tackle any of the points I raised regarding your attitude towards others. I hoped you might have thought a little about it, accepted at least some of what I'd said, and responded in a mature and considerate way. Maybe I was foolish to think that of someone who'd already displayed such obvious contempt for others, self-importance, and narrow-minded thinking, but i thought it was worth a try.

Enjoy the helicopter. I fear it will be a very sad, lonely flight.

Just a couple of observations:

1 - I suspect that very little of your response is true (I could be wrong, and I'll be happy to admit it if proved otherwise, but that's my gut instinct).

but if it is true, it certainly doesn't endear him any further towards me but the exact opposite.

Touts are worthless scumbags whether they're touting a Stones ticket or a Glastonbury ticket. And Arronbury clearly thinks that all Stones fans are good for is for milking as a cash cow as he's just done, and are not the wonderful people he was saying they were earlier.

So now I'm praying to the great god Eavii that greed still rules the Stones and they blow Glasto out, so that c**ty-chops can wake up one morning to find himself with a hugely expensive ticket to a festival which doesn't have the one band in the world who be believes are worth seeing but instead only has bands that he considers worthless. That would be poetic justice.

And I hope someone creeps into his VIP tent and shits on his bed. :)

Roughly translated does it mean they have had their arses kicked

No it means to be upset, but a specific kind of upset - generally at losing an argument or being proven wrong and then reacting in an unsavoury, childlike or argumentative manner as a reaction to this (usually in order to try and save face).

"Why is x being so stroppy?"

"He's just butthurt at losing the argument"

but if it is true, it certainly doesn't endear him any further towards me but the exact opposite.

Touts are worthless scumbags whether they're touting a Stones ticket or a Glastonbury ticket. And Arronbury clearly thinks that all Stones fans are good for is for milking as a cash cow as he's just done, and are not the wonderful people he was saying they were earlier.

So now I'm praying to the great god Eavii that greed still rules the Stones and they blow Glasto out, so that c**ty-chops can wake up one morning to find himself with a hugely expensive ticket to a festival which doesn't have the one band in the world who be believes are worth seeing but instead only has bands that he considers worthless. That would be poetic justice.

And I hope someone creeps into his VIP tent and shits on his bed. smile.png

Agree with what you're saying and will gladly join the shit on Arronburys bed queue come June next year.

But seeing as its a pretty pisspoor trolling exercise in any case it would be better surely to ignore him until he goes away or gets better at it (hope he does). There are some zen master level trollers on this forum - he should learn from them.

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig

And I hope someone creeps into his VIP tent and shits on his bed. smile.png

A fool and his money are easily parted.

It would be funnier if the Stones do play, and he misses it because of a toliet incident

Nothing new in these quotes - (Personally I think come June we'll be seeing The Stones at Worthy Farm)

When asked by NME if The Rolling Stones would happen next year, organiser Emily Eavis said: "We’d obviously like that to happen, we’ve always been quite open about that, whether or not it does, I cannot say."

She added: "I could not tell you now whether it’s going to happen. But we would love it to happen next year, we feel like if it’s going to happen, it’s got to happen next year. So, you know, we’d love for it to happen, so we’ll try our best – I’ll let you know how we get on."