Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Rubbish at what? Showing the stupid up as stupid?

It's not mattered. You've managed it without my help. :)

You are boring.

Where've Oneeye, Gnomcide, Ted Danson and the more intelligent posters gone? You've made some fun points and not ran away crying every 2 seconds.

Russycarps. Please tell me which website I'm supposed to work for?

Edited by Arronbury

The circular arguments on this page are starting to become a little tedious; like many I feel like in some ways I want to join in but the anti-Neil guys have made a creationist-style argument to prevent anyone who finds Neil's perspective more to their liking from contributing ("If you agree with Neil, you want to bum him and have his babies because I said so" is basically the same as "If you don't think the Earth was created in 6 days you're wrong because it says it did in this here antiquated book") so instead I shall make a plea.

Neil - please ignore the un-evolved monkeys throwing their dirt about. Maybe then they'll stop and go back up their trees. Oh, and I don't want to bum you.

For the record, I bloody love a massive, legendary headliner. I really hope The Stones play - the sound on the Pyramid is invariably crap so a big singalong works just great for me. Really hope they bring "Gimme Shelter" with them, too. One of my favourite Sisters of Mercy songs!!!

The circular arguments on this page are starting to become a little tedious; like many I feel like in some ways I want to join in but the anti-Neil guys have made a creationist-style argument to prevent anyone who finds Neil's perspective more to their liking from contributing ("If you agree with Neil, you want to bum him and have his babies because I said so" is basically the same as "If you don't think the Earth was created in 6 days you're wrong because it says it did in this here antiquated book") so instead I shall make a plea.

Neil - please ignore the un-evolved monkeys throwing their dirt about. Maybe then they'll stop and go back up their trees. Oh, and I don't want to bum you.

For the record, I bloody love a massive, legendary headliner. I really hope The Stones play - the sound on the Pyramid is invariably crap so a big singalong works just great for me. Really hope they bring "Gimme Shelter" with them, too. One of my favourite Sisters of Mercy songs!!!

Nice post!

I hope Gimme Shelter happens too, think it was 10 years ago though when they last played this, I think... Don't know why they stopped.

Lisa Fisher really shines during that number and the long drawn out live intro gives Jagger a break. Good point about the Pyramid sound too. I question whether that could be something that would put the Stones off playing though.

However, you so blatantly do want to bum Neil.

They last played Gimme Shelter on the Australasian leg of the Bigger Bang tour in 2006.

http://rocksoff.org/2006-5.htm

However, its appearances have been relatively rare in the last decade or so and they haven't managed to do it justice in years. If the Stones are at Glastonbury, I'd still bet against them playing it. But never say never.

Well I have never in my life wasted twelve hours having so much fun with such a bunch of self-opinianated and easily-drawn plonkers.

You are all allowed to have YOUR say and most of you worshipers at the eFestering shrine must surely either be related to Neil, in his employ, owing him money or joined to him at the hip.

Your debating style and tolerance of others' opinions and tastes is to be admired. Anyone who disagrees with your Vaccinemumford clique is either sworn at or called a knob-head.

Neil is God. Good old Neil. Love you Neil. It's now October 16th with no mention of Bodger and Badger and any chance of Prince and Stevie Nicks again this year please Neil?

The technique for rumours is simple. Neil slaps on anyone who might be releasing a new album, has been mentioned in the Sun (which I guess he sneaks a look at on the WH Smith stand while out on day release train spotting) or is maybe in Europe around the Glastonbury period. Then he takes them off his list either when another festival confirms them or Emily says they're a certain no-no. (SR = Stone Roses) The only thing that I have been hugely impressed by is that I have had a response from the son of the great Troy McClure. Love the show Troy, any chance of a signed photograph?

Nice response old son. Please dont go away. Been good fun today. Can we do the same tomorrow but about Bruce Springsteen?

They last played Gimme Shelter on the Australasian leg of the Bigger Bang tour in 2006.

However, its appearances have been relatively rare in the last decade or so and they haven't managed to do it justice in years. If the Stones are at Glastonbury, I'd still bet against them playing it. But never say never.

Isnt there a live version on one of the later live albums (Flashpoint?). That was OK - but not sure which tour it was from.

Nice one!

Was lucky enough to see them do it in 2003 at Twickenham which is the moment I fell in love with Lisa.

Isnt there a live version on one of the later live albums (Flashpoint?). That was OK - but not sure which tour it was from.

They released a Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle-era live version of it as a charity single around that period of time, but it didn't make the album..

There's a version of it on Live Licks, but it's not an album I've really devoted much time to, if I'm honest.

You are boring.

Where've Oneeye, Gnomcide, Ted Danson and the more intelligent posters gone? You've made some fun points and not ran away crying every 2 seconds.

?

I'm still alive Arronbury; been out looking for some Glasto ethos, if you find any let me know (does it exist or is it just an urban myth?) laugh.png

I'm liking the word 'ethos' today by the way.....open to all sorts of interpretation, which is a good thing.

I'm still alive Arronbury; been out looking for some Glasto ethos, if you find any let me know (does it exist or is it just an urban myth?) laugh.png

I'm liking the word 'ethos' today by the way.....open to all sorts of interpretation, which is a good thing.

It's nice to say as well, eeethos.

I've seen the Stones three times. At the first one all their wonderful fans actually boo'd Prince off the stage, so offending Bill Graham that he came out and cursed at them for being idiots.

The second time I had a horrible view and was mostly fixated by Mick's thinning hair best seen from behind the stage. The music was average at best.

The last time they were basically tired and flat and I swore that I was done with them.

I did see Keith, Ronnie and company on the New Barbarians tour, and that was a pretty solid show.

On the other hand, I've seen Springsteen 35 times going back to 1978, and never walked away disappointed. That includes four times this year alone. But, I know there are folks on here who don't like him...which has zero effect on me, except maybe freeing up a few tickets when I go see him.

I like Frank Turner.

I thought Muse were horrible live. (Rehashed licks and pompous attitudes.)

Gorillaz were bad at my only Glastonbury visit...but, in LA a few months later, were great.

I finally saw Radiohead at Coachella this year...and as much as I try...just don't get their appeal. But, Pulp played before them, and were epic.

So, I'm confused by this thread...do I deserve a ticket or not?

Hang on posting on the forums? Bigjt seems like you are getting drawn back in to me :) hope we see you there again, sorry I know this post isn't on topic, but the one I quoted was

I've kind of lost track. Can someone do me a quick summary?

The Stones may or may not be playing Glastonbury.

They may or may not be the best band, like evah!

They may or may not be shite.

There was a little difference in opinion.

We all hugged and made up.

We all agree the shows at the O2 are a little pricey.

They're worth it though.

No they're not.

Fuck off!

No, you fuck off!

Your mother!

Your sister!

And repeat........

They're worth it though.

No they're not.

Fuck off!

No, you fuck off!

Your mother!

Your sister!

And repeat........

Actual sarcastic.gif

Thanks!

They're worth it though.

No they're not.

Fuck off!

No, you fuck off!

Your mother!

Your sister!

And repeat........

Nice summary!

That's how I understood it. Apart from the fact not everyone agrees its over priced but still that was a pretty cool interpretation

pretty much everyone agrees its overpriced but I love them so going to try and get the cheapest available bloody 90 quid ! , I will hopefully get to see them twice if they play Glasto with what I suspect will be a much much better atmosphere. But alas I'm not missing the stones so can't gamble on them playing glastonbury

They're worth it though.

No they're not.

Fuck off!

No, you fuck off!

Your mother!

Your sister!

And repeat........

Top post old son

You are boring.

Russycarps. Please tell me which website I'm supposed to work for?

There's lots of intelligent posters around here. I've never claimed to be one of them.

I will however point out that you're not one of them. Get over it.