• Honky Tonk Women
  • Going To A Gogo
  • Lady Jane
  • Doom & Gloom
  • One More Shot
  • Shine A Light
  • YCAGWYW
  • Happy

You see, that's the problem with a band like The Stones. You get over the fact that you probably aren't going to see them ever again because of the prices. You're fine with that because you've seen them five times before. Last time you paid £60 despite your inner unease at spending so much on a ticket but that was probably the last time you would be able to see them indoors and perhaps their final ever tour. That was in 2003.

That show was a bit disappointing too. Not because of the band but the crowd were so dull. Was that because of the ticket prices? That time at Wembley when you got two tickets off a tout for £20 because the show had already started, THAT was a Stones show. Still up there in your top 5.

But you're over it. Then you see they could be playing Miss you, Tumbling Dice, You Got Me Rocking, Let It Bleed, Far Away Eyes, Doom And Gloom, Paint It Black, I Wanna Be Your Man, Not Fade Away, Brown Sugar, If You Can't Rock Me, Some Girls, Bitch, All Down The Line, Rocks Off, Dead Flowers, Last Time, Honky Tonk Women, Going To A Gogo, Lady Jane, Shine A Light, YCAGWYW and Happy.

Now I REALLY want them to play Glastonbury.

Has the efestivals admin guy/girl read the blogs slot in Private Eye? My God but compared to you they are intellectuals. Springsteen, Stones, "don't like". How long before efestivals makes its annual jubilant announcement that Bodger and Badger are in the Kidz Field? You don't have to be glued to the Pyramid Stage. As for the bad language and abuse of people making legitimate points, it's clearly a case of "I don't like the way you play my game so I'm taking my ball home." By the way, what ever happened to efestivals' prediction of the Stone Roses for 2013?

Is the festival full of people who take themselves as seriously and think they're a better class of human as some on here? I might not bother if that's the case, this part of the forum has me worried.

Amen to that! Pretty much everybody on this forum comes across (note comes across) as an objectionable twat. They belittle people if they have a slightly uniformed opinion, they're elitist in just about every way and spend the whole time essential shouting at each other through massive megaphones.

Never been to glasto but if the atmosphere is anything like these forums, 2012 will be my last.

To be fair the efest forums have been going down the swanny for a while, in my opinion at least, but then who cares about my opinion.

I'll leave you to argue among yourself

Has the efestivals admin guy/girl read the blogs slot in Private Eye? My God but compared to you they are intellectuals. Springsteen, Stones, "don't like". How long before efestivals makes its annual jubilant announcement that Bodger and Badger are in the Kidz Field? You don't have to be glued to the Pyramid Stage. As for the bad language and abuse of people making legitimate points, it's clearly a case of "I don't like the way you play my game so I'm taking my ball home." By the way, what ever happened to efestivals' prediction of the Stone Roses for 2013?

You're new here right?

Edited by mrtourette

That might be a *slight* exaggeration...

How? Who is?

With the help of Stufish (and others over the years) this megabrand we call "Rolling Stones" has pioneered what the "ignorant" folk (who seem to be contesting this statement) take for granted as everyday entertainment. Without the Stones contribution to the 60s I question whether Glastonbury would even exist.

Undoubted leaders of their field and if you don't see that then I pity you.

But anyway.

I'm going to be nice now!

I've made my point politely and factually and not going to sink to the level some of you (mainly Neil) atelier trying to drag me down to.

I'm a busy man and don't have the time to argue against some of the loutish comments coming my way. I've tried to pick out the odd slightly more intelligent remark but I'm tired and have better things to do (bet someone still manages to drag me back in)

All the best!

I hope Neil and friends enjoy Frank Turner's mind blowing headline set late in June. Let's hope the crowd stay quiet enough for you to judge him and rip every moment apart for the 11 months that follow. Kisses x

Amen to that! Pretty much everybody on this forum comes across (note comes across) as an objectionable twat. They belittle people if they have a slightly uniformed opinion, they're elitist in just about every way and spend the whole time essential shouting at each other through massive megaphones.

Never been to glasto but if the atmosphere is anything like these forums, 2012 will be my last.

To be fair the efest forums have been going down the swanny for a while, in my opinion at least, but then who cares about my opinion.

it's only the internet

You're new here right?

Yes I am new here. As an old timer you can possibly tell me if the admin person regularly abuses people who disagree with his/her views and does eFestivals make a habit of listing rumours, that probably encourage people to buy tickets, and then realise they've got it all wrong?

Yes I am new here. As an old timer you can possibly tell me if the admin person regularly abuses people who disagree with his/her views and does eFestivals make a habit of listing rumours, that probably encourage people to buy tickets, and then realise they've got it all wrong?

rumours are rumours...the clue is in the definition of the word

But anyway.

I've made my point politely and factually and not going to sink to the level some of you (mainly Neil) atelier trying to drag me down to.

I'm a busy man and don't have the time to argue against some of the loutish comments coming my way. I've tried to pick out the odd slightly more intelligent remark but I'm tired and have better things to do (bet someone still manages to drag me back in)

All the best!

I hope Neil and friends enjoy Frank Turner's mind blowing headline set late in June. Let's hope the crowd stay quiet enough for you to judge him and rip every moment apart for the 11 months that follow. Kisses x

Shame really. I like reading your posts. You're clearly very passionate about the music you do and don't like. I even understand your hatred of Frank Turner even if I don't agree with you.

I hope you get to enjoy the Stones, I'm sure if they play it will be epic.

eFestivals, like may festival sites, lists rumours. Unlike other festival sites it gives those rumours grades to say how likely they may be and how strongly the site is behind them, and will to a degree explain that when asked. Unfortunately a number of people can't get their head around that, be bothered to make themselves aware of the grading system or are keen take a post by one of the admin as the official word of the site (a common problem) and run with information that isn't and never has been solid. Don't worry, everyone gets burned once, if you think there's a more accurate site out there good luck finding it (hint - there isn't).

For the band in question, Michael Eavis said that he wanted them to play so it was reasonable for efestivals to suggest that there was a chance that they might play. They didn't say that they would definitely be playing or that they had any inside info about it. When other things came to light that suggested that they would not be playing they were removed from the list and an explanation was given for why they now thought that they weren't playing.

As for Neil (the admin in question) he is fiery at times but he doesn't regularly abuse people who disagree with him. However if someone starts calling other people ignorant because they don't agree with his/her opinion then Neil is more likely than not going to step in to point out that this isn't acceptable and isn't likely to hold back on the swearing.

Hope that helps, welcome to efestivals.

Edited by mrtourette

But anyway.

All the best!

You haven't been polite and I'm not sure how you've been factual either.

eFestivals, like may festival sites, lists rumours. Unlike other festival sites it gives those rumours grades to say how likely they may be and how strongly the site is behind them, and will to a degree explain that when asked. Unfortunately a number of people can't get their head around that, be bothered to make themselves aware of the grading system or are keen take a post by one of the admin as the official word of the site (a common problem) and run with information that isn't and never has been solid. Don't worry, everyone gets burned once, if you think there's a more accurate site out there good luck finding it (hint - there isn't).

As for Neil (the admin in question) he is fiery at times but he doesn't regularly abuse people who disagree with him. However if someone starts calling other people ignorant because they don't agree with his/her opinion then Neil is more likely than not going to step in to point out that this isn't acceptable and isn't likely to hold back on the swearing.

Hope that helps, welcome to efestivals.

Thanks for that. What grade would you give to the rumour that you are Neil's sister?

it's possible to think it would be pretty good if the stones played but also to realise that they're way past their best, interesting as a museum piece and utterly irrelevant to today. The truth can encompass shades not just black and white.

Would I go and see them? Maybe. Do I love some of their music, yeah definitely. Do I think I'm seeing them at their peak, clearly not. They're a curio these days, nothing more. Might be diverting and fun though

Did someone really just throw a tantrum and start insulting people because they read some unfavourable things about their favourite band?

Just catching up with the thread myself and it would appear so. Apparently being a Stones fan makes you superior or something, albeit unable to process the concept of other people having opinions.

That's a ridiculous generalisation. Makes you look as silly as anyone else really. It's just a discussion on the internet, that was going OK until Arronbury and Neil got on their respective high horses

the fact they may be playing in a festival setting makes it so so more exciting , 100 thousand + crazy people shouting the words and dancing in a field many after a hell of a lot of cider or whatever , I barely even looked at the stage when stevie wonder was playing bestival to busy dancing and the atmosphere was fantastic . Doesn't matter if you think the stones are a bit past it , if they play Glasto you won't be able to hear micks voice for the crowds singing