Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Madonna did the same thing earlier on this year I wonder who'll be next to start pricing their fans out of their shows.

True, but her prices weren't as steep as the Stones, plus the over heads of all the dancers, stage show, etc must have cost a small fortune. Not that I'm justifying the ever increasing rise in ticket prices, it needs to stop, when £106 is the cheapest ticket you know there's an issue.But so long as there are people willing to pay, it will continue. Puts into perspective what great value festivals can be though.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Ticket prices yet again a joke; the majority of people who will be at the O2 will be 'city boys' who think nothing at shelling out this kind of dough.

I'm gradually loosing the will to live over anything to do with The Stones; the more I read the more they piss me off.

It's not as though they need the money, unless they're expecting a huge tax bill :)

If they do decide to honour us with their presence at Glasto 13 then great, if not so what.

Edited by oneeye

If they do decide to honour us with their precence at Glasto 13 then great, if not so what.

This ^^ :)

It would be great if they played cos it would make Michael happy, and it would make me happy cos then these yearly Stones rumours could stop. :P

If they play I'll go and check them out (tho probably not stay), and if they don't they'll be something fantastic to see anyway (either on the Pyramid, or elsewhere. Take your pick :)).

This ^^ :)

It would be great if they played cos it would make Michael happy, and it would make me happy cos then these yearly Stones rumours could stop. :P

If they play I'll go and check them out (tho probably not stay), and if they don't they'll be something fantastic to see anyway (either on the Pyramid, or elsewhere. Take your pick :)).

Have you ever seen them before?

This ^^ smile.png

It would be great if they played cos it would make Michael happy, and it would make me happy cos then these yearly Stones rumours could stop. tongue.png

If they play I'll go and check them out (tho probably not stay), and if they don't they'll be something fantastic to see anyway (either on the Pyramid, or elsewhere. Take your pick smile.png).

To be quite honest, I've saw The Stones as IOW and even though I'd go and see them again and probably enjoy it....if they don't play it's not the end of the world and more importantly it opens up another slot for a Headliner who I might not be expecting!

Have you ever seen them before?

Nope.

In my time I've been a reasonably big stones listener (without being obsessed or anything) but it's not something I'd much bother with today (someone should do a dance remix of 'can't always get what you want' tho).

From what I've heard they're not the world's best band, and while they've got the songs I don't think that alone is going to be enough for me to want to keep watching them. I'd prefer to go and find a good or better than good performance somewhere else. I don't much care for average (or worse) live bands.

These gigs seem to be promoting Virgins foray into live music as much as anything. I'd read that Branson put up £25 million... I guess he wants that back

yep, that's a part of what's gone on here.

But for Branson (and his partner in this, I forget his name) to be the one in that position has very obviously taken them making the biggest offer to the stones to be their promoter.

Nope.

In my time I've been a reasonably big stones listener (without being obsessed or anything) but it's not something I'd much bother with today (someone should do a dance remix of 'can't always get what you want' tho).

From what I've heard they're not the world's best band, and while they've got the songs I don't think that alone is going to be enough for me to want to keep watching them. I'd prefer to go and find a good or better than good performance somewhere else. I don't much care for average (or worse) live bands.

I've been a music photographer at certain points in my life and have been up close (in the pit) for literally everyone apart from David Bowie, Led Zep and Michael Jackson. Seen the stones 5 times or so and have to say, no other show I've been to comes close. I'm not talking about best guitarist, pitch perfect vocals etc. I mean THE SHOW. The buzz of the crowd, the hype on tv/radio for the build up, the introduction as they appear on stage and that feeling as you get your first glimpse, as though these God-like party animals that are the thing of legend arrive, as though they've just beamed down from a spaceship. Keith's smirk, Mick's strut, a backing band of Angels and demons collide in perfect harmony. Not to mention Lisa Fisher who is in my opinion the greatest vocalist ever and sooo smoking hot.

You go to a festival, then you go to glasto.

You go to a gig, then you go to a stones gig.

Having said that (after 15 glastos, 10 of which as a photographer) I do not think they would work at Glasto. I thought their iow performance was the weakest performance of the bigger bang tour (from the tv coverage) and don't think it would work. I might be wrong.

If the promoters govern the cheque ( And the gigs sell slowly) i guess it depends on the timing of the other proposed gigs and how much money offers they get.

If they get an offer for Hyde Park close to glastonbury, and they have no adeqaute offers for the glastonbury weekend, they coudl think that the publicity of a televised, sold out galstonbury gig would help the sales of other gigs, and so would loosen the pursestrings of other promoters.

if not the stones. Whats the chances we could be looking at.

Radiohead, Macca and Lady GaGa.

Macca has a new album, does he not and isn't going to be performing even to the standard live as he does forever, not played it since 2004 so a fair while.

This gives u your current rock band, old style legend and if he does say hard rock calling too that's ya pay day, plus he 's charity man anyway. And GaGa i just think it'll happen. Can.k see big stadium dates next year due to this year and could easily still do pay day shows with glasto too.

unlikely.

Branson only has a minor stake in V Fest, it's mostly owned by two of the UK's biggest independent promoters (SJM, & Metropolis). Neither of those promoters are involved in Beardy's Stones doings as far as I'm aware.

Good news then

I went to V this year solely to see The Stone Roses (As I was on my Honeymoon when they played Heaton Park!), have to say it was dire. The Roses were superb but I was astounded at how empty the main stage was in comparison to other acts through out the weekend - the majority of the crowd opted for David Guetta instead - which says alot about the age of the crowd.

Couldnt imagine the Rolling Stones playing that sort of festival, id be surprised if half the people there even knew who they where.

I've been a music photographer at certain points in my life and have been up close (in the pit) for literally everyone apart from David Bowie, Led Zep and Michael Jackson. Seen the stones 5 times or so and have to say, no other show I've been to comes close. I'm not talking about best guitarist, pitch perfect vocals etc. I mean THE SHOW. The buzz of the crowd, the hype on tv/radio for the build up, the introduction as they appear on stage and that feeling as you get your first glimpse, as though these God-like party animals that are the thing of legend arrive, as though they've just beamed down from a spaceship. Keith's smirk, Mick's strut, a backing band of Angels and demons collide in perfect harmony. Not to mention Lisa Fisher who is in my opinion the greatest vocalist ever and sooo smoking hot.

You go to a festival, then you go to glasto.

You go to a gig, then you go to a stones gig.

Having said that (after 15 glastos, 10 of which as a photographer) I do not think they would work at Glasto. I thought their iow performance was the weakest performance of the bigger bang tour (from the tv coverage) and don't think it would work. I might be wrong.

I've not done Bowie, Zep or Jackson, but i've done more than a few in my own time.

And fuck all of that hype and fluff and pink cats bollocks. The question that I want to know and the only question which matters is: can they play good?

And sadly, too few of the biggest bands can. Most are where they are thru marketing and not talent.

(I'm not saying that necessarily applies with the stones btw. Once upon a time they might have been good; nearly everything says they're not now).

Nope.

Soulwax have done one!

Edited by Filthy