Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

If it's not going to happen in 2013 then it'll never happen. If they play a few dates early next year (as seems likely) then it'll (finally) be the last time, and as a seasoned Stones-watcher I'd say that the omens actually seem pretty good at present.

Though expectations should be held in check until it becomes evident what sort of form Keith's in - and if his form is poor whether they're planning on propping up the sound with special guests or not (be that Blondie Chaplin or Mick Taylor or even the likes of Jeff Beck).

I've heard this too... Only my not quite as very reliable source was the mother of a girl who was wearing a Glasto Hoodie my daughter met on the beach in Bude during the summer. The mother was from Bristol and apparently makes/sells said Hoodies at Glasto every year. And ANYWAY - she told me that she knows Patrick? Eavis and, he's told her the Stones are definitely playing.

The Shidoobee crowd seem fairly convinced the band are over in Paris rehearsing now. (well some believe they started on the 1st, others think they dont begin until the 14th) So it's seems increasingly likely that they will at least be playing some gigs later this year/next year.

whether that means one or two gigs, a residency at big venues around the globe or whatever I've no idea. I'm hoping beyond hope whatever they do it see's them stop at Worthy Farm.

The Shidoobee crowd seem fairly convinced the band are over in Paris rehearsing now. (well some believe they started on the 1st, others think they dont begin until the 14th) So it's seems increasingly likely that they will at least be playing some gigs later this year/next year.

They're 100% rehearsing in Paris. Even released them rehearsing Brown Sugar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wzcSfFipEU

there's defo some very duff Stones info going around.

I can't get a reliable handle on the Glasto stuff, but a lot of the stuff which is going around which fits around a supposed Glasto appearance is without doubt wrong.

When there's so much wrong info, I have trouble placing too much belief in the stuff I can't pin down.

Though with the new recordings on Grrrr! and the current rehearsals they are creaking back to life again to the extent that (arena?) gigs seem likely in spring of next year - leaving the summer free for a handful of high profile 'farewell' gigs which - while not marketed as such - would almost certainly be them bowing out as a live performing entity.

'intervallic phrasing'...?

I had to look it up... but that's right, it's one of the things Bill does

(or are you being sarcy?)

My brother is a musician with a penchant for w*nkery (Vai, Satriani, Malmsteen) et al, so Ive had these conversations about phrasing before.

Very underrated rhythm section had the Stones.

Hadnt a clue he wasnt playing on the clip mind you. Im only a layman.

But yeah, the general theme if the post was a pisstake.