Pearl Jam 2013

Guest Whittick

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible, they seemed all but certain for Download but for whatever reason dropped out and had to be replaced by Slipknot. Though it depends on their reasons for dropping Download, whether it's because they aren't coming over at all, or because they're doing another festival (like Sonisphere), guess we'll see?

Pearl Jam would be an awesome booking though, was pretty set on Download when I thought they were playing there, but now that's not the case I was quite disappointed, Sonisphere having them would more than make up for that!

It's possible, they seemed all but certain for Download but for whatever reason dropped out and had to be replaced by Slipknot. Though it depends on their reasons for dropping Download, whether it's because they aren't coming over at all, or because they're doing another festival (like Sonisphere), guess we'll see?

Pearl Jam would be an awesome booking though, was pretty set on Download when I thought they were playing there, but now that's not the case I was quite disappointed, Sonisphere having them would more than make up for that!

You sure? Seems very unlikely, Thrash Hits had heard rumours of the 3 headliners from numerous sources and they were all saying the same 3 bands and the first 2 were correct and the last one was meant to be a band that had never played before. Vodafone posted on facebook about pre-sale and had Pearl Jam listed as one of the 3 headliners too - quite a big mistake to make for a band that was never meant to be playing. Andy was banging on about them too when they were touring here over summer and how he'd love to have them at Download etc..

This would be their third summer in the UK. If they played I'd go but not sure where the runours have come from. It's not like they're playing other euro dates that fit around the summer fests.

So wondering where wishful thinking ends and rumour begins with PJ.

if they played I'd definitely go I think.

Edited by biffoire

Aye, there's no good reason at the moment to think they'd be at Sonisphere (Unless Neil had a source, or was just speculating). If anything them not ending up at Download could be because they've decided to drop coming here next summer...or possibly not do festivals, or they could do Reading and Leeds as it's been 6 years or anything really..

You sure? Seems very unlikely, Thrash Hits had heard rumours of the 3 headliners from numerous sources and they were all saying the same 3 bands and the first 2 were correct and the last one was meant to be a band that had never played before. Vodafone posted on facebook about pre-sale and had Pearl Jam listed as one of the 3 headliners too - quite a big mistake to make for a band that was never meant to be playing. Andy was banging on about them too when they were touring here over summer and how he'd love to have them at Download etc..

Oh I'm not sure at all. I just find it unlikely that they pulled out and were replaced with Slipknot. My post was supposed to say "in my opinion" on the end, as obviously it's just a guess.

I'm sure Gazza (I think) said that Copping said something along the lines of one of the headliners for 2013 having just picked up an award at the 2012 festival, which Corey Taylor did.

Obviously we don't know what happened. It's possible that Copping was feeding false information, which would explain Thrash Hits thinking it was Pearl Jam. Anything could have happened, haha.

That's not strictly what Copping said, he was saying that One headliner was already booked just after this years festival, and that One member of the band was at this years festival and that they were 'One of the best things to happen to Download'. He was never so obvious to say 'just picked up an award' because then people would have KNEW slipknot, he always left that ambiguity.

The first half of the statement could have been Pearl Jam or bullet for example.

To be fair the rumours that were going about about having a member their or picking up an award were meant to be from a radio interview but nobody could actually find it iirc. Andy also said he never actually said that on twitter

But anyways, I think we're all agreed they should book Tool and Pearl Jam next year, that'll make up for this years shambles anyways :P

Edited by kipper64

To get this back on track, the original statement by Neil came from the possibility of AC deliberately leaking PJ when he knew it was false (this was apparently the only way that a major sponsor could have the wrong headliner) and that this points to the fact that they're likely to be headlining Soni. This is the bit that I don't get, if Soni had PJ then what would AC gain by leaking that they're playing DL?

To get this back on track, the original statement by Neil came from the possibility of AC deliberately leaking PJ when he knew it was false (this was apparently the only way that a major sponsor could have the wrong headliner) and that this points to the fact that they're likely to be headlining Soni. This is the bit that I don't get, if Soni had PJ then what would AC gain by leaking that they're playing DL?