Bestival 2013 early bird tickets

Guest mattrik3

I never said we were "the festival community".

Then it just goes to show what you think you know and what is known then wink.png

well, I know an awful lot of people who go to more fests than you and your friends, who've not been warned of what happened - so it certainly hasn't got around as much as you're suggesting it has.

And in every contact that came my way about it, I was asked or it was implied that it was kept low profile.

PS While we are on the subject of ripping people off, did you hear the story going about that you ripped someone off for some drugs a while back?

great story. You'll have to tell me who the liar is who started that one. :lol:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I know an awful lot of people who go to more fests than you and your friends, who've not been warned of what happened - so it certainly hasn't got around as much as you're suggesting it has.

And in every contact that came my way about it, I was asked or it was implied that it was kept low profile.

great story. You'll have to tell me who the liar is who started that one. laugh.png

great story. You'll have to tell me who the liar is who started that one. laugh.png

Edited by zahidf

Lol how do you measure that one?? I've got more friends than you?? comical!

PMSL - I didn't say anything like that.

I merely said that word has not got around the festival community as you said it had.

Heard it from a few people last summer, guess it's not true then ;)

Wrong.. and you are saying it's a lie, others seem to think it's true :)

It's not true. For a start I'd have to be selling drugs. :rolleyes:

And I'm sure you'll ignore it, but if what you've said is really what you've heard, that just goes to show that the group of people you believe to be beyond reproach are a very long way from having the integrity you credit them with.

FFS.

It's ok to slag off a festival crowd if they

a) start riots ( Like Leeds)

cool.png Talk thorugh the acts

Otherwise, leave them too it i say. You don't like they way someone is acting a festival which isn't directly effecting your enjoyment, then the problem is with you!

I wasn't slagging off anyone.

I was merely pointing out that Dave's highly-selective rant was more than equalled by Paul's highly-selective response.

No need to to do it by PM, obviously not going to post any names but I'd heard from a couple of people at Glasto last year than you had bought quite a bit of MDMA from someone and never got round to paying for it.. not sure if it was at Glasto or another festival last year but thats where I heard it.

Just for the record, I don't think it was true either or would have said something about it to you lol

But just letting you know a couple of people were saying that.. and not anyone I'd class as a good mate either tbf.

No need to to do it by PM, obviously not going to post any names but I'd heard from a couple of people at Glasto last year than you had bought quite a bit of MDMA from someone and never got round to paying for it.. not sure if it was at Glasto or another festival last year but thats where I heard it.

Just for the record, I don't think it was true either or would have said something about it to you lol

But just letting you know a couple of people were saying that.. and not anyone I'd class as a good mate either tbf.

#

PMSL, yeah, that's just so true. :lol::lol::lol:

FFS.

I hate to say it but I see Dave's point and actually agree with some of what he says. Particularly in regard to the ethics, attitudes, and atmosphere created by those with high amounts of disposable income who are currently 'festival tourists' not really interested in the music or the event environment they are attending.

I've seen these people appear at festivals en masse over the last decade - sometimes at small indie fests that you wouldn't expect them to have even heard of - they have all the kit bought, most of which they trash and leave on site. They are rude and loud and put people off festivals - I remember asking one noisy posh speaking oik probably not old enough to shave, to shut up at Glastonbury around five years ago during a quiet set by The Low Anthem, he drew out a roll of a couple of grand worth of £50s and asked me "how much do you want to f**k off?" And I think theat pretty much sums it up.

I can't prove it but I suspect at some festivals over the years they have royally pissed off so many people (at an event they have only attended that year), that the next year there's a dent in ticket sales as most normal festival people don't want to attend a festival that's spoilt by 'that crowd'.

It's got nothing to do with how many festivals you go to but how you behave at festivals and your motives for going. Unfortunately those that continue to make an awful lot of money in the city do stand out like sore thumbs at festivals much like chavs do, or wasters in Grateful Dead T-shirts for that matter

It's got nothing to do with how many festivals you go to but how you behave at festivals and your motives for going. Unfortunately those that continue to make an awful lot of money in the city do stand out like sore thumbs at festivals much like chavs do, or wasters in Grateful Dead T-shirts for that matter