Bestival 2013 early bird tickets

Guest mattrik3

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed. both Bestivals I've been to have been miles better than the four Glastonburys.

Hmmm .... the likes of Reading/Leeds and T in the Park goers reckon that the crowds at Glastonbury are a bit shit.

If that's the case, then it's a million times worse at Bestival, where it's very often the case that huge parts of the audience have absolutely no interest in the band that's in front of them - unless perhaps it's got enough beeps to suit their gurning.

I like Bestival a lot, but it's got it's flaws. And in the long run my guess is - from those large numbers of gurning idiots - that it'll go much the same way as The Big Chill did, with a dearth of atmosphere. From my couple of visits I reckon it's already started moving that way.

Hmmm .... the likes of Reading/Leeds and T in the Park goers reckon that the crowds at Glastonbury are a bit shit.

If that's the case, then it's a million times worse at Bestival, where it's very often the case that huge parts of the audience have absolutely no interest in the band that's in front of them - unless perhaps it's got enough beeps to suit their gurning.

I like Bestival a lot, but it's got it's flaws. And in the long run my guess is - from those large numbers of gurning idiots - that it'll go much the same way as The Big Chill did, with a dearth of atmosphere. From my couple of visits I reckon it's already started moving that way.

It seemed nice enough, but then people where generally hidining from rain and mud.

the general festival atmosphere is certainly nice enough.

But my experience (particularly the last time I was there) was that too many of the people who roll-up to see a band clearly have no interest in that band, and are really only trying to find something which suits their drugs.

the general festival atmosphere is certainly nice enough.

But my experience (particularly the last time I was there) was that too many of the people who roll-up to see a band clearly have no interest in that band, and are really only trying to find something which suits their drugs.

I couldn't agree less. The only complaints of that ilk this year have been that people waiting for Florence and Stevie Wonder were spoiling it for fans of The xx and Sigur Rós, who were on before them. And last year, I complained that fans of The Cure spoiled the atmosphere for Crystal Castles' set earlier that day.

But away from the Main Stage, I've never experienced any of those problems at Bestival. At the smaller stages (of which there are LOADS), you're generally going to be with like-minded people.

Edited by rexclark

I am tempted to make an attempt again, I really really do like the sound of it...

But i enjoyed Reading this year, as it often has a line up I love, I am tempted to wait and see :P (I could sneak 3 big festivals in maybe i guess actually)

and the fiver a week payment plan tempts to lay it down and see what comes happens