Word Association Game

Link word is OWE.

I knew about Jezza going on to be a DJ, and that one of these fellahs went on to be a vampire. It's the useful information that I can't retain :-(

OWN

A fascinating history to this song.  Originally written by white boy David Gates for his band Bread it was picked up two years later by Jamacian Ken Boothe and became a reggae classic and a UK Number One.

It's also been recorded by people ranging from Boy George, Rod Stewart and Chrissie Hynde (not together) to Shirley Bassey and Boyzone (also not together).

You can't keep a great song down.

Link word is JOKE.

Two men in a bar, one's constantly shivering, so the other asks "What's up with you?" "Oh, it's an attack of tropical Yaws." "What's Yaws?" the first guy asks. "Another pint, cheers."

AND the video is a third mention in a row of Jools Holland!

Oops, seems I was about five pages behind, I'll be back :)

From the album Business as Usual what a cracker that album was back in the day for me anyway.

And from the same album with a famous Beatle.

Edited by whisty

TOGETHER

A tortuous connection.  A version of Bryan Ferry's song More Than This was used in the film Lost in Translation.  I was going to use his performance of the song at Glastonbury in 2014 but thought that this was a more upbeat song that he did in a great set. And a good translation can help us stick together.  

P.S. Don't forget to arrange your postal vote for the EU referendum during Glastonbury.