Word Association Game

The original US TV version of MASH has a canned laughter track.  But the UK release was without the electronically added giggles, which the cast and producers said they much preferred.

BANGERS

Sorry no performance video.

We know Points mean prizes - what do points mean......?

I don't know if I get a point for this bit of pop trivia but the Goon Show featuring Peter Sellers was originally produced by George Martin, who later went on to produce that little-known (at the time) band called The Beatles.

My favourite Sellers film was There's a Girl in My Soup featuring the lovely Goldie Hawn and some stunning views of France.

More than a one hit WONDER

And Michael comes on to celebrate Glasto's 40th.

Finishing off the Peter Sellers/Clouseau stories. When I was duty manager of a fairly big festival we had a series of codes to give out over the P.A. in case of emergencies.  And the one for a Bomb scare was: "Would Mr Sellers please report to .......... (The area of concern)" - because everyone remembered the way Sellers/Clouseau would say: "It's a beoooumb!"

Edited by grumpyhack

CLEARLY

This is was magical Glastonbury moment.  It was hissing down when Jimmy Cliff came on.  By the time he finished his set the rain had stopped and the sun had come out.  The power of song.

Edited by grumpyhack

Or you can take a SIDEWAYS look

A band with a great legacy that spawned Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Led Zepp and many others.

Still touring nearly 50 years on, mainly in the US, with the original drummer and rhythm guitarist and gigs booked well into 2017.

Edited by grumpyhack

DOWN

One of the great bands that changed the shape of music in the UK. GrumpyGonner Chas Chandler sold his bass guitars to help fund bringing Jimi Hendrix to the UK and later went on to also manage Slade.

BACK

A pretty stellar line up all having a great time.  I read somewhere that Tina Turner taught Mick Jagger to dance and move on stage.

Slade live were superb.  I don't know if you ever caught them Oneeye.

Edited by grumpyhack

Do.

The start of the video shows excellent fuel economy, as the vehicle chase goes from day to night on 1 tank of fuel at high speed. Hmmm, not a big fan of Meat, but on the principle of the first thing that comes into my head, he's it, today.