Word Association Game

MINE. I could only find an outtake or covers for this one.

Which tickets brandycoke? You can change your details now on the website (if the registration pages are open for that) and the eFest ticket will be sent to your new address on completing the payment in April. That's what happened for me previously. I presume the same will happen for the CV ticket too.

19 hours ago, carlosj said:

Which tickets brandycoke? You can change your details now on the website (if the registration pages are open for that) and the eFest ticket will be sent to your new address on completing the payment in April. That's what happened for me previously. I presume the same will happen for the CV ticket too.

It's 4 x camping tickets; as you say cj, just logon to your registration page and change details. ( I got them for him on ticket day, got through first. Brandy got me and Mrs oneeye our 2015 tickets in the resale when it appeared all hope was lost, so least I could do); we've never met! :)

Come on gang.  Yes tickets are vital but let's get the thread back on track.

So from Gold to SILVER.  Will probably be going to see Hawkwind in April, sadly without Lemmy or Stacia as I first saw them.

Sorry if I seemed like a nag Oneeye.  I was just getting withdrawal symptoms.

SHOTGUN

And, yes I appreciate that shotguns don't actually fire bullets but what the heck.  Nice bit of sax and one from my yoof.

Sadly Junior Walker is another of Grumpy's Gonners but he was a great and influential sax player, said to have inspired Clarence Clemmons.

Here in his later days in colour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDd69AV1vWY

Edited by grumpyhack

There must be a reason Grumpy used that name :)

Barrel,

The 1st Caribbean influenced tune I remember hearing, still have the 45 rpm. 

A modern version from another of of my well know favourites, real good fun live.

Moment I'll never forget when the power went down just as he was about to start, an oh no from the crowd as he started walking away and a couple of shouts of "go acoustic", SOD came down to the barrier, handed out his percussion instruments with a plea of "please let me have them back, I have another set to do" and started playing over the barrier, magic moment.

Edited by whisty

A barrel is a type of TUBE

Amazing that Mike Oldfield wrote this when he was only 19 and it formed the foundation of Ricard Branson's empires.

And, yes I love Dave and Ansel Collins, so I'm not always grumpy Whisty. The name came about because I remember watching one of the Grumpy Old Men series on the TV and found myself agreeing with all their moans. So I declared myself a Grumpy.  And as I used to be a journalist the hack got added on at the end.

One of my all time favourite albums is Forever CHANGES by Love.

Arthur Lee (another Grumpy Gonner) did a great set at Glasto but I can't find this track at Glasto (though I'm sure he did it) so this is from Jools Holland.  A taste of old style US West Coast melodic rock.

And this is a more energetic song from Glasto

Edited by grumpyhack

CANNIBALS

I don't know where you get that suspicion about Carlos from.

The Last Waltz has to be amongst the best concerts/collections of all time Whisty.  Not a duff track on it and some absolute standouts.

Confession: Inspired by that Dylan shirt I embarked on collecting polka dot shirts for a while.

HELLO

A few Hellos.  Macca in Rio (seems an even bigger crowd than Glasto)

The opening to my favourite performance of Comfortably Numb

And, of course, Lionel

I'm afraid I don't have a supply of shirts anymore Brandycoke.  But it's not a bad idea to have a polkadot theme for the group.  We could each sport a polkadot something - like a shirt or scarf or bandana.  I suggest something readily visible so polkadot pants may not be very helpful.

Edited by grumpyhack

On 13/02/2016 at 2:03 AM, grumpyhack said:

But it's not a bad idea to have a polkadot theme for the group.  We could each sport a polkadot something - like a shirt or scarf or bandana.  I suggest something readily visible so polkadot pants may not be very helpful.

I'll be wearing my wifes bikini :)

Richard Thompson is superb.  I remember his Thousand Years of Popular Music tour a couple of years ago.  Could go with so many Fairport options but instead another Glasto standout for me, John Fogerty, originally with Creedence Clearwater Revival, who did a great set in 2007.

The tide is effected by the MOON.

I did think about one of those suits once but I reckon a polka dot bandana will do for me.