Word Association Game

BOOM

I couldn't have had a more shit day than today.  A big funeral this morning (the first of three in five days which will culminate in mother in law's next Wednesday), home to watch Wales lose and to discover that we have a house with no water due to a burst water main down our lane. They've been working trying to fix the leak for two weeks without success but until now we've had some water and a lot of bubbling air.  Now we have absolutely no water.  Great when I have to do a 6 am airport run to Heathrow to collect sister in law and her son who are flying over from Australia for mother in law's funeral.

On top of all that because of the faffing in the rain getting soaked with a water engineer, failing to resolve the leak, I was too late to go with my mate to a gig tonight.

Tomorrow the water board promise to come and lay in a temporary pipe to give us some water.  Meanwhile we're surviving on a few bottles left over from my festival supply.  Still they probably needed drinking up.

BOX 

Good news.  Got home from the airport run and we'd almost got water. Water board engineers had run a temporary supply pipe from my neighbour's house which worked, once I'd explained to them they couldn't connect it to my house supply in the way they proposed - the wrong way through two non-return valves.  So a temporary water system till Thursday when they have another site meeting to try to identify the location of the mains leak.  If everyone had to spend a couple of days without mains water they'd soon discover how difficult it can be and donations to WaterAid would soar.  We've had a standing order with WA for years - something they can thank Glastonbury for.