Word Association Game

As you've already hinted Oneeye it has to be CIDER.  One of the great meeting places.

And a bit of Scrumpy and Western from the late Adge Cutler who started The Wurzels as well as at one time being Acker Bilk's road manager

And a lovely bit of Bristolian from Adge with the story of the bubble car outing.  In those days you could drive a bubble car on a provisional or motorcycle licence provided the reverse gear was blanked off.

Edited by grumpyhack

The link word is SHAM

Link explained below after the music

One of the greatest re-badgings in the history of marketing has to be Brothers.  Back in 1953 the Showering Family started the production of a 'Champagne perry' called Babycham in Shepton Mallet.  It was 'cool' in the 50s and 60s but went out of fashion.  So the next generation of four Showering Brothers re-badged it as Brothers Cider and in 1995 it went on sale at the Glastonbury Festival.

So Image result for babycham

became

Image result for brothers cider

with 

Image result for brothers cider bus

GOOD

Blue October have a really hectic touring schedule I hope you enjoy the Bristol show.

Although the link GOOD is I've opted for a clip of one of the original members of Dr Feelgood, Wilko Johnson, in his collaborative project with Roger Daltry.  Intersting mix of then and now clips of Wilko in action.  The stuff he's done about his cancer battle is well worth reading or watching.

TIMES or ROLL (take your pick)

BB King, well into his seventies, playing benefits and still enjoying life.

And in the same concert duetting with Pavarotti - now a pair of Grumpy's Gonners.

Edited by grumpyhack

Apologies for leaving you to play with yourself there grumps, life’s been a tad busy.

Anyhow, SYMPHONY

Agree, Blue October are busy busy busy, should be ace though.

One of my highlights a few years ago was seeing Wilco on stage at Glastonbury smashing it, full of energy - even Mrs oneeye loved it. 

OVERTURE

I saw this Bill Bailey show at Wychwood a couple of years ago.  The Overture bit doesn't start till 6'00" but the whole thing is worth a watch and if you ever get a chance to catch him Mr B is superb.

It was a toss up between rain and haze but as we don't really want rain at festivals I've settled on HAZE.

One of the consequences of being retired is that I have too much time to spend on places like this. But I do appreciate you guys playing along when you have a moment.  Incidentally Carlosj, Gogol Bordello was one of my pleasant surprise Glastonbury discoveries a good few years ago.  I'd not heard of them and was idly walking past, probably in a haze, when I came across them and was hooked.

Anyway, 'work' today - four apple trees to winter prune and a veg plot that badly needs some weeding.