Word Association Game

CHEER

Thanks Oneeye for playing along with this thread - it was getting to be a bit of a solo.  I did think with Blue and Light to go for something by The Police but you took me on a nostalgia trip.  Amazing to think that this version recorded nearly 50 years ago was a remake of an original from 60 years ago.  I'm getting old.  No, I am old!

I note OneEye that one of your interests is gin.  Mrs GH has bought a bottle of Slingsby Rhubarb Gin for one of my daughters, who's also into gin, for Christmas.  Any thoughts?

Edited by grumpyhack

CHRISTMAS :)

Hi grumps, I do try to pop in occasionally though life sometimes just seems to get in the way.

Rhubarb gin is definitely one for the younger generation, quite sweet but certainly drinkable; she we love it. The problem is that it can be too drinkable :)

My favourite supermarket gin is Plymouth, and something a bit more special is Dartmoor Black Dog. Spoilt for choice nowadays though, and can be an expensive hobby.

The-Finest-Black-Dog-Gin.jpg

If you’re feeling really brave there is also Dartmoor Beast Gin!

Dartmoor-Beast-Gin2.jpg

A local distillery, in fact a 10 min walk from me!

http://www.dartmoordistilleryltd.com/about-us/

As for tonic, fevertree is over rated imho, good old Schweppes does the trick, ice and a slice; marvellous.

Hope to see you in 563 days time (if you do change your mind about Glastonbury). Beautiful Days is going to be our festival for 2018, local to us so logistically a winner.

Enjoy the snow in chilly Wales :)

Edited by oneeye

Thanks for the gin recommendations OneEye. Dartmoor distillery may be a 10 minute walk from you but is probably a longer stagger home after a tasting.

Our festivals for 2018 seem to be Wychwood at Cheltenham Racecourse (a good all round festival to kick off the season) with Green Man as our main festival.  It has been running for years but I only went for my first time this year and it ticked all the boxes.  All the best bits of Glastonbury without the hassle.  Can't recommend it highly enough.  Great organisation by people who really know music in a breathtaking setting.  We'll probably bookend the season with a couple of the Something Else in The Dean events.  Lovely tiny festival with only about 500 people but great fun and real chilling.

Thanks for prodding the thread along. Seeing Thin Lizzy reminds me if you ever get a chance to catch Limehouse Lizzy they're absolutely cracking.  Meanwhile for Christmas have a CAROL.

THOMPSON  It really should be the Thompson Twins, who took their name from the haplesss detectives in the Tintin stories.  But I've gone instead for the magnificent Fairport founder Richard who's still a great guitarist and live performer.

TIE

Art was ace grumps, as was Ralph McTell that afternoon. Good to see Ralph promoting homelessness awareness recently on TV.  Who'd have thought after all this time his streets of London would be more relevant than ever; saddens me.

Edited by oneeye