Word Association Game

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

i guess I can't back to perfect, so this will have to be 'the'

Quite an interesting family history of the Johnson's, his Dad and Unkle had some small influence over the music/club scene in  60s,70s,80s East End pub/club world.  I think his Unkle claimes to have invented Discos. Met Mr J at the launch of his Dad's book, a potted history of the East End of London. Mr J seemed like quite a nice chap, did ask him when he'd be putting out a new album, he said he always gets asked that question. Anyway, The The are doing a few gigs around London including the Royal Albert Hall which all sold out very quickly. Nice to see him active again.

Picture

SHOOT

Another Grumpy Gonner. Morty the lead singer who died of cancer a couple of years ago.  This was the band's biggest single though they didn't really like at as it was quite unlike most of their stuff.

This song gives a feel for the great guitar work of Graham Williams.

SHOE

I've done my Glastonburying.  This coming year I'm starting with Wychwood at the beginning of June and then Green Man in August.  Not sure what others yet but probably a couple of small ones to fill the gaps.  After the delights of Green Man this year I can't see what Glasto has to offer that you can't get in other places with a lot less hassle.

AWAY

Love this song, originally by the Left Banke and covered by so many including the Four Tops.  This is Southside Johnny wigth a version much closer to the original and with a great sax solo.  For those who don't know SJ, he ran a rival band in New Jersey to a young upstart called Bruce Springsteen.  Many band members have flowed between the two bands and SJ has also done some good stuff with Bruce.

Great live, though he's no spring chicken any more,.

FAR 

Far from the original or not?  The dilemma of what a band should do without its original members.  Slade, who were a great band live, lost Noddy, who was the main songwriter and lead singer when he decided to hang up his live performing boots.  But what do the other guys do m- keep going with a replacement lead singer and earn some money or opt for unemployment?

This is Slade with Noddy and then what's left without him.

WIDE

I think the person filming this was also a bit legless but AFL still puts on a good show at 69.  And the Who's Who of people he's worked with is mighty impressive.  If you ever get the chance to catch him with his band The Low Riders you'll be in for a treat.

• 2 weeks later...