Word Association Game

Horses come in many colours including bay and CHESTNUT

Gene Clark was a founder member of the Byrds and wrote many of their early hits. Allegedly he left the band after a falling out because he was picking up extra income from his song writing royalties.

Here's a re-union with Roger McGuinn doing Chestnut Mare.

Liked the feelgood of Dock of the Bay Oneeye.

CRAZY

One of life's originals.  Arthur Brown, still touring at 75.  Dismissed by some as a one hit wonder, yet Arthur can also be credited as a significant influence on many other performers.  This vid doesn't really get going till 5 mins in.

DAFT

Glastonbury stalwarts

But having just got back from a superb Green Man Festival I think I've found an event that tops Glasto, in terms of location, general setting, (the backdrop of the Brecon Beacons is magnificent), organisation and variety.  Run by people who really know what they are doing.

As it's hissing with rain here this morning the feel good vid helped.  To stay cheerful here's another Great Glastonbury moment with Mr Blue SKY.

But as Jeff Lynne was also part of the Travellin Wilburys have an alternative of Blue BAYOU

Edited by grumpyhack

That was a great afternoon indeedy there grumps. I seem to remember Tom Jones, Madness and Tony Christie as well that day, bloody brilliant times.

My offering on this Gin fuelled afternoon is TOWN :)

We need this lady to grace Worthy Farm on a sunny Sunday afternoon I reckon.

COUNTRY

A chance to post one my my favourite bands

And the Hobo Jones take.  As they say, anything rude is in your head.  Will be seeing them again at the end of September to round off my festival season at Something Else in the Dean.

Yes, Pet Clark would be good.  She's still touring with a busy US schedule this autumn.

Edited by grumpyhack