Word Association Game

TOWN Without Pity

Gene actually played his last gig in my town/city of Cardiff ten years ago and then went back to his hotel and died of natural causes. Cardiff doesn't do that to all, although one of my heroesTim Rose also played his last gig in Cardiff.

SHOCKING Blue.

Takes me back to 1970 when I had a Dutch girlfriend. The lovely Dutch didn't produce a lot of rock or pop, apart from the excellent Focus and Golden Earring and this lightweight ditty.

Bay way of contrast Focus

And Golden Earring

Edited by grumpyhack

LOVE

Mr Ferry did an excellent version of this at Glastonbury in 2014.  It was also a welcome escape from Metallica.  But as this original Roxy Version also contains Avalon, with all of its Glasto connatations, and the backing singers are magnificent, I'll go with the oldie performance.

SWINGS

I remember a couple of years ago seeing a superb Richard Thompson tour of A Thousand Years of Popular Music.  He started with 9th century music, went on through 15th century madrigals, then some 18th century Italian opera before ending in the 20th Century with some stuff by The Who.

When he got to the Italian opera he said: "But we're not going to have any national stereotype jokes here tonight."  And the audience went "Ooooha"

To which he said: "OK, just one.  What's the difference between heaven and hell?

"In heaven, the English greet you at the door, the French do the cooking, the Germans do the organising and the Italians provide the entertainment.

"In hell, the French greet you at the door, the English do the cooking, the Germans provide the entertainment and the Italians do the organising."

Very unfair but ......