Word Association Game

CHARLES

Another of Grumpy's Gonners but a magical memory for me.  I was on holiday in France in 2,000 with Mrs GH and my daughters. I asked my elder daughter Charlie, who could write the definitive history of blues music without even looking at a reference book, if there was one person she'd still love to see and her instant answer was Ray Charles.

That morning I went down to the bakery to get bread and croissants and saw an advert for the Cognac Blues Passions Festival and who was starring? Ray Charles!

Cognac was 200 kms from where we were staying but it had to be.  So a few days later we were in Cognac and saw a magnificent performance from Ray in a beautiful open air amphitheatre. Still one of my great musical moments.

• Upvote 1

How do you link to Sheeran?  Then I thought about She Ran and realised that as well as running she can MOVE.

This is Richard Thompson with an Irish traditional song that Fairport recorded in 68 and which he still often includes in sets.  Lovely delicate guitar.

Failed!  Was visiting a friend in Chichester for the weekend and, despite three computers, never got beyond the holding page.  Drewstrat (Andrew) in our group, who's been our ticket getting champion in recent years, was on holiday in Majorca.  He finally got in, managed to enter all our details only for a message to come up saying tough luck all tickets sold.

So fingers crossed for the resales.

A few of Grumpy's Gonners to sum up my feelings.  CRYING

Edited by grumpyhack