Word Association Game

Thanks for the heads up carlosj, hope to catch the Difford set.

Midnight was the time when i viewed this.

This track was on an album called "No Dice" by Badfinger ,that i bought as part of a lot ,that a "Friend" was selling back in the eighties.

There was about 20-30 albums ,and he needed the money to help fund his social activities, so he saw me ,with the word "Mug" written across my face, and presented me with the bargain of the century ,and with almost a whole Tangerine Dream collection included, how could i go wrong?

Tbf, Tangerine Dream album covers are quite impressive, but  unfortunately for me, the content didn't match.

Lets just say that ,"No Dice"was the only shining light from that whole transaction .

On a happier note ,he did end up getting arrested ,and jailed , though for a far lesser crime than selling on Tangerine Dream albums.

I'm sure i read somewhere that this was also used as the intro song on some tv series way back, but googled it, and found nothing, so maybe i just made it up ,and its a complete lie :).

Having just had four days in Berlin I've got to go for AUTOBAHN

One thing that surprised me was how closely the Germans drive on their autobahns.  We had a taxi to take us from our apartment to the airport and tailgating at 100 mph is scary.

Finally prob my fav band live are there,Bimble Inn sat night/sun morning Bimble Inn 01:45. Hope I see you guys somewhere over the weekend. Her band play something from almost every genre mixed into the tunes, She's really good live, youtube as usual does no justice.  I think anybody that posts on this thread will enjoy her show.

In Death you might meet the Devil eh!

Z Star look very promising.  Yet another band to squeeze in.

Here are two guitarists you won't be seeing Steve Vai and Joe Satriani from one of the best music films of all time about the man who sold his soul to the devil in exchange for musical talent (supposedly based on the story of Robert Johnson).  This is the guitar duel where his young protege battles it out with the Devil's guitarist to win it back. CROSSROADS

Hope to see you all this week.

Edited by grumpyhack

If your journey was anything like mine there was plenty of waiting.  Thirteen hours from Cardiff to CV East.  We even pulled up the caravan in a lay by and had a brew.

But that was last week and now It's OVER

Now it's over, I'm WONDERING what to do. Mr H, we were 14 hours up until we got into Bath show ground. A mad dash at 4.20am on the Thursday got us parked in East 25, the nearest I've ever been to the gates.

If you were anything like me Carlos you spent a lot of time just wandering AROUND.  We never got in beyond East 16.  On Tuesday (well actually 2am on Wednesday morning) they wouldn't let us through to East 23, which is our usual spot.  But at least it meant a relatively easy departure under our own steam with no need for a tow.

A couple of things I missed this year was a nice bit of reggae and sunshine. The sun block wasn't needed at all

I have a very long boring story to tell of getting slightly smug at being 50 yards from the campervan entrance waiting from 11:30 until 16:10 in the staff car park opposite when they started letting campers in. The smugness soon evaporated when told we had to go back to the main gate to exchange the camper ticket for a camper car park pass! It took from 16:15 until 00:30 to get back to where we were! Better than some but my oh my. Anyway, sorry we didn't get to meet up Mr Grumpy and Carlos. Just missed Grumpy at the meet and Carlos,  was too tired to trudge through mud to meet folks. Roll on next year and share a beer or 2 with music eh :) 

Oh but a bonus was meeting Pear Cider and his lad in the traffic Q when we discovered they were 20 vehicles behind us in that 8 hour Q. A nice pint of Stella and a fag from the Pears was greatly appreciated.

I'm sorry we missed each other too Whisty and sorry I didn't get the chance to admire your trailer tent.  This year is one we'll all have to put down to experience, or experiences of one sort or another.

Hopefully normal service will resume next year.

10 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I'm sorry we missed each other too Whisty and sorry I didn't get the chance to admire your trailer tent.  This year is one we'll all have to put down to experience, or experiences of one sort or another.

Hopefully normal service will resume next year.

Failed miserably with the trailer tent, trying to put up at 01:30, dark, bit of rain and no prior experience took it's toll. The bit that unfolded was fine, the awning was another story, like a rubix cube to a colour blind person or something akin :) Gave up and took tents in anyway. As you say, there's always next year. 

I'm sorry about your trailer tent experience Whisty.  I would have helped had I not arrived myself till 3am and we didn't get fully set up till 5am.  Looked out for you at the EFests meet but I think I left before you made it.

By next year I hope your TT will have had a few more outings and you'll have got the hang of it.

My first festival of the season will continue to be Wychwood next year.  It's a great 'dry run' for Glastonbury and one to consider.

Sounds like all you campervan field guys had a bit of a time of it then, hopefully didn't affect your enjoyment, and was a one off.

Sitting at home on Wed morning checking the forum,and oneeye posted some very muddy pictures that he'd got from a friend already on the site ,and wondered if the traffic would be cleared even by the time i got there, but luckily things did get better.

Flight delayed by 40 mins, so got through the gates by around Midnight on Wed ,and got set up fairly close to JP by 01.30 am .

As usual ,had good intentions of meeting up, but to quote Burns, “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.” 

What the hell was he talking about anyway?:).

St Paul and the Broken Bones were excellent at the Other stage.

Not encountered St Paul and the BBs before Brandycoke. Great clip and seems like another thing I missed.  One to watch out for in the future.

I wasn't much of a Midnight RAMBLER this year.

Didn't see anything on The Other this year, walked past once, nothing on, never went back that way again due to mudfest! Funny was telling my workmate about who I'd seen etc, he asked me "do you watch everything from your tent". Well it was pretty muddy you know :wink:

Anyway rambling is a kind of Stroll. Just a dance this one but nice backtrack :)

Edited by whisty

Think we've all got stories to tell this year, ha ha. The queue memory is fading, I'm still remembering ending the festival with a steady walk back after LCD Soundsystem. No vids tonight, and if I'm lucky in October, be seeing you next year. Less mud though, next time, eh?

I'm a very happy bunny tonight having persuaded Mrs GH to indulge me with a new (well another second hand) caravan.  Just got to get the solar panel swapped over and I'll be taking possession of a twin axle Dethleffs Camper - 24 ft long with two good sized fixed beds as well as the usual pull out double at the front. Not sure how well that would have towed out of the Glastonbury mud.