Word Association Game

Still waiting for my tickets here grumps, not a sniff atm.

Anyhow, one of my favourite action film sets is the Bourne series; new one out later this year btw with Matt Damon.

Theme tune is EXTREME ways :)

Mmmmmmmm, baby, let's get it on.

Oops, sorry, I was channelling my love beast with this early groove. I'm OK now.

Via Iles Flottantes, floating islands, the link word is FOOD.

Edit, nice to hear another Bourne film is on the cards.

Edited by carlosj
Cos I like films.

Food...... On Avalon this year we will have BEANS on TOAST.  This is a BoT song about the Price of RICE.  So plenty of food to link to there.

P.S.  As a Francophile I do enjoy a good Isles Flottantes

Edited by grumpyhack

I was reading some other thread that said there wasn't much heavy or metal stuff at Glastonbury.

But the GUNS were out in 2010

(Before anyone corrects me, I appreciate that strictly speaking it was Slash rather than Guns 'n Roses).

Edited by grumpyhack

On the line up again this year is JAKE BUGG (Link to either word).

Saw him there last time and was very impressed.  The only person who's gone from the BBC Introducing Stage to The Pyramid in sucessive years.  This is young Jake doing a cover of a Neil Young song.

Edited by grumpyhack

12 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

The incomparable Annie Lennox and Aretha and SISTERS Are Doing it For Themselves.

Love it.  This is what MrsCJ sings from the door to her daughters as they go off to school. Maximum feminist power combined with maximum maternal embarrassment. Link to come later.

Gosh Sam the Sham takes me back to Wooly Bully.  At Glasto (this month we can now say) we will have Wolf Alice.

So I'll go with ALICE.

I actually managed to see Airplane with Grace Slick a couple of times and several, post Airplane, Starship variations. What's amazing is that Grace wrote this when she was only 15.  What was she on?

In Wonderland you often have DREAMS

This is from another post-Airplane Grace Slick album - well worth revisiting.

And this is her now.

5e16493202de91266b43c1c0b7d0b0ce.jpg?ito

Edited by grumpyhack

Hopes and dreams.

From the Anchor and Hope to the Pyramid stage this year :).

The original studio version of this sung by Paul Carrack, who is on at the acoustic.

And a great wee vid from 1994.

Seems Glenn Tilbrook has a history with Glastonbury that goes way back to 1971.

Edited by brandycoke

Without hope, you're on a losing STREAK.

I think some of these pictures are from when they were last at the festival. Re Squeeze, I think Chris Difford is at the crow's nest this year if I've got some tweets right from that crew.

Charlie

Did you get the nice weather at Wychwood Mr G? 2 weeks eh! Hope to catch you guys and say a physical hello.

Need the good weather with me and my pals Mrs's in tow, that or a healthy supply of ear plugs :) 

Edited by whisty

ROCK

Well two out of three ain't bad.

And yes Whisty, Wychwood was excellent.  Worth it all for Bill Bailey alone.  Good chance to check out the caravan.  Now for the real thing and a chance to put faces to names.

Edited by grumpyhack

20 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

And yes Whisty, Wychwood was excellent.  Worth it all for Bill Bailey alone.  Good chance to check out the caravan.  Now for the real thing and a chance to put faces to names.

Gotta love Bill Bailey, caught him when little known at the Comedy Store, made my head bend in a good way :)

Clock, arguably the one that started it all off!

Edited by whisty