Word Association Game

JEALOUS 

When you start losing your mind you can become jealous.  Another classic Lennon song, Jealous Guy, (starts at 9.00 in) in one of the great concerts. This, the only high quality clip I could find, also has two other songs first but they are also worth watching.  I saw Ferry at Glastonbury in 2014 when I gave up on Metallica and he was storming with a great band.

Lamb, my Friday night feast band last full weekend in June last year. The singers son was in the audience, think I might have been behind his crowd. It's exiting getting over that 6 month mark :)

Edited by whisty

Don 'Snakehips' PARTRIDGE

King of the Buskers who had a couple of top ten hits with Rosie and Blue Eyes.  Kept busking almost till the end.  Died aged 68 in 2010.

I remember him well on the folk scene in Bristol.

From Partridge, through Drummers to Five GOLD Rings.  The London Olympic Opening Ceremony with Rowan Atkinson on top form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwzjlmBLfrQ

https://youtu.be/CwzjlmBLfrQ

Edited by grumpyhack

I know this has been done before but in memory of Lemmy,  one of the best tracks I heard as a teen & the only tune I could dance to, doing the Ace :).............................. Silver

Top tip, if you post the link press enter then do it again maybe once or twice it'll work eventually.

Edited by whisty

BRONZE

From one great bassman to another.

Every so often you have a "musician's musician" and Dave Bronze is one. The bassman of choice on so many sessions, here with Clapton and the drummer of choice Steve Gadd.

A promo ad for his gear but it also gives you a flavour of some of the people he's played with.

Back in the mists of time, the sixty somethings, I remember going to a party at the manor house home of Charlie Ware in Bath (he set up companies in the UK restoring and also re-manufacturing Morris Minors in South America, and Hawkwind were playing in his sitting room. There were about fifty of us packed in and Stacia was doing her stuff about three feet from me.  Almost had to duck!

Edited by grumpyhack

Not a bronze turkey, but ALBATROSS

I was lucky enough to see Pete Green back in 2010 in Leeds, it was great, and although fragile, he was in a better state than I'd hoped for, for his sake.

I'm old enough (one of the benefits of being an old fart) to have seen Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee during one of their 1960s blues tours.

But on a more cheerful note and a Happy New Year some fun from The Wurzels.  Can't find a good vid of their excellent set at Glasto but this will do and the link word is HARVEST

Lucy

Another one bites the dust!

I never forget the 1st time I heard Nat King Coles voice, absolutely blew me away. Was on a reel to reel tape along with the player that my grandad gave me :) 

Edited by whisty

What a vocal range.  LSD really starts off on a high.

And the link is JUICY.  Late sixties UK rockers.

On the subject of great voices, for the benefit of any who missed this great performance in 2007 at the ripe old age of 70, the link could have been Diamonds.

Nice to see she's wearing her wristband - along with diamond-studded wellies.

glast-shirley-bassey-1b.jpg

Edited by grumpyhack

On 1 January 2016 at 1:34 PM, brandycoke said:

Anyone have any info on Bedlam ?

Found a bit of info on tinterweb :)

Bedlam was a 1990s rock group from Nashville fronted by Jay Joyce, who were signed to MCA Records. Their album Into the Coals was released in 1992. Further members were Chris Feinstein(bass) and Doug Lancio.[54] "Magic Carpet Ride" is a cover of the 1968 Steppenwolf song. "Harvest Moon" is written by Jay Joyce.
On 1 January 2016 at 1:34 PM, brandycoke said:

FROZEN 

Sorry no performance vid but this gives you the song

There is also a performance vid of his big hit "Where Do You Go To My Lovely" to give you a flavour.

Peter Sarstedt was the brother of another sixties success Eden Kane (Boys Cry) and with youngest brother Robin they also performed as the Sarstedt Brothers.  Peter retired in 2010 due to ill health.