Word Association Game

While Yog and Whisty broaden my experience of new talent I feel it's in part my job to paint in a bit of the history.  Thanks for Juzzie Smith - one to look out for.

Meanwhile a blast from the past, who's still performing.  Roger McGuinn of The Byrds.  Saw him do an excellent solo slot at Glasto a few years back.

You can have bay-coloured horses and also chestnut-coloured HORSES

OUT.

There is a film which is based on the Prince film but with a local star taking the lead. It's called 'Blue rain with red in it', from Niger (there's no word for purple). Sounds good but I missed it at the local festival.

OVER

Not a bad night when you can count Springsteen, K.D. Lang and Elvis Costello amongst your backing band.

When I was a teenager people always seemed to release records like this after I had a break up.

A cracking finish with a superb version of Pretty Woman.  The Whole Black and White Night concert is worth hunting out.

Edited by grumpyhack

FAIRWEATHER

A great trio at Glastonbury Andy Fairweather-Low, Nick Lowe and Paul Carrack.  It was a superb slot and this doesn't really do justice to the variety of their set.  But enjoy a sing along.

If you look up Andy's history it's like a Who's Who of rock, including being Clapton's Musical Director for years.

Edited by grumpyhack

A blast from the past and a link challenge

APHRODITE's Child and Rain and Tears.  Demis Roussos in his, relatively, slimmer days.  Now another Grumpy Gonner who died in January aged 68.

For some people his big moment was a key off-screen soundtrack part in Mike Leigh's beautifully observed play Abigail's Party.

Edited by grumpyhack