WWE

lharris92

6 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Make him face, he'll be great. Christ, so he's holding the belt for 4 months at least :(

Problem is Jinder was jobbing until about a month ago and them all of a sudden he is Champ.

He did come second and got a rub in the WrestleMania battle royal. While it's not ideal, I think most appreciate the results are predetermined. They may have been better gradually building him up to mid card titles, but maybe sometimes you just go with it.

Visually he looks like he could kick your ass and he is a decent talker. I think that's a decent starting point for a heavyweight championship.

5 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

He did come second and got a rub in the WrestleMania battle royal. While it's not ideal, I think most appreciate the results are predetermined. They may have been better gradually building him up to mid card titles, but maybe sometimes you just go with it.

Visually he looks like he could kick your ass and he is a decent talker. I think that's a decent starting point for a heavyweight championship.

Not sure I agree there. My other issue is the lazy heel character he has been given. Pretty much the exact one Rusev had.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think rusev was always a bit of a kick ass heel. Jinder is pure heel and you need people like him to get some babyfaces over.

But don't you agree the "I'm foreign, that's why you people hate me" is a tad overdone and a bit boring for a heel? 

2 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

But don't you agree the "I'm foreign, that's why you people hate me" is a tad overdone and a bit boring for a heel? 

I think if your trying to get Jinder Mahal over it's the common sense way to go. You can also play on his amazing physique and arrogance.

I have come to the conclusion that in 2017 it's impossible for anyone with that ring of honour/Japan background to get over as a heel as they are too popular with the internet fans. I think jinder is in a good position to be the companies top heel 

On 5/23/2017 at 5:41 PM, pink_triangle said:

I think if your trying to get Jinder Mahal over it's the common sense way to go. You can also play on his amazing physique and arrogance.

I have come to the conclusion that in 2017 it's impossible for anyone with that ring of honour/Japan background to get over as a heel as they are too popular with the internet fans. I think jinder is in a good position to be the companies top heel 

What a load of shit pink. If you're indie and you are a heel you can easily get over, Kevin Owens is has done fantastic as a heel and he was over as fuck as Kevin Steen on the indies. Its what WWE allows them to do to be a heel and WWE just doesn't allow people to be themselves. They what them recreated in their vision, the only one who HAS broken this mould is Owens because they have no idea what else to do with him apart from allow him to be himself and when he won the title, they booked him like a pussy and he bombed because at that point, when he was the focal point Vince had to stick his face in and try and mould a character he knows nothing about. 

WWE will be absolutely fine with all the talent they have as soon as Vince fucks off, NXT shows that. HHH knows how to book talent, mainly because he lets them play to their strengths, Vince is still living in the past, he thinks its 1980s still. 

You say ring of honor/japan can't get over in WWE as a heel, hell NXT guys cant get over in WWE because as soon as they get there Vince fucks around with them and they bomb, he is a cancer to the company and the viewing figures show it, hes 71 years old he needs to let go and let HHH just run it. Then and only then will things change.

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

What a load of shit pink. If you're indie and you are a heel you can easily get over, Kevin Owens is has done fantastic as a heel and he was over as fuck as Kevin Steen on the indies. Its what WWE allows them to do to be a heel and WWE just doesn't allow people to be themselves. They what them recreated in their vision, the only one who HAS broken this mould is Owens because they have no idea what else to do with him apart from allow him to be himself and when he won the title, they booked him like a pussy and he bombed because at that point, when he was the focal point Vince had to stick his face in and try and mould a character he knows nothing about. 

The trouble is when someone like Owens wrestles half the crowd want him to win. To me the best heels are the ones who can get the crowd to want them to lose. I'm not convinced anyone with a big indie pedigree can achieve this. That's why I think the likes of Jinder, Corbin and Miz have most potential to be great heels.

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

WWE will be absolutely fine with all the talent they have as soon as Vince fucks off, NXT shows that. HHH knows how to book talent, mainly because he lets them play to their strengths, Vince is still living in the past, he thinks its 1980s still. 

You say ring of honor/japan can't get over in WWE as a heel, hell NXT guys cant get over in WWE because as soon as they get there Vince fucks around with them and they bomb, he is a cancer to the company and the viewing figures show it, hes 71 years old he needs to let go and let HHH just run it. Then and only then will things change.

The counter argument would be that Vince has been calling the shots when WWE was at its peak, HHH doesn't have that track record. WWE is currently full of ex NxT wrestlers and drawing the worst ratings it ever has. Is it because Vince is out of touch? I certainly wouldn't rule it out. I also however wouldn't count out that modern (possibly favoured by hhh) WWE e.g. Faster pace, more athletic, lots of false finishes, less sellling doesn't appeal to mainstream fans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2017 at 10:38 PM, WS_Jack_III said:

Battleground..... oh dear :huh:

I have read some people say it's the worse PPV ever, I don't think it's quite in that conversation. I just found it very dull and none of the matches had any heat.

I felt sorry for Jinder and Orton as I think it's a terrible gimick match. i hope thEY give Jinder Cena at summerslam as I think that's the best feud smackdown could have.