WWE

lharris92

9 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Seems like Vince is taking more and more of a step back. 205 live now under HHH rule? 

Apparently WWE are open to a merger too, wonder how that would work out. 

Thought both shows were decent this week. Braun is great btw, so so great.

I struggle to see how doing things like taking the power PowerPoint off Gulak is a good thing. I'm not convinced Increased HHH influence is such a good thing.

I'm also not certain that ending brand specific ppv is a good idea. It will reduce opportunities for people trying to move up the card. It will also probably create longer ppv shows. To me 2 hours 40 minutes is fine. I rarely hear people watch a show and wish it was longer.

11 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Who knows just supposedly they are open to it. Disney are buying everything up atm.

The story I heard was Vince was selling a small amount of his shares into get funds for the XFL and Fox (a side company of Fox which Disney wont own) felt they wasted their money on UFC TV rights compared to what they could get WWE rights for. So they approached WWE about just out right buying them rather than just replacing UFC tv for WWE tv as they figured it'd be a good deal but WWE aren't interested in selling as the McMahon's want to keep control.

13 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I struggle to see how doing things like taking the power PowerPoint off Gulak is a good thing. I'm not convinced Increased HHH influence is such a good thing.

I'm also not certain that ending brand specific ppv is a good idea. It will reduce opportunities for people trying to move up the card. It will also probably create longer ppv shows. To me 2 hours 40 minutes is fine. I rarely hear people watch a show and wish it was longer.

Gulak has been a stand out for sure. I never said it was good or bad. NXT is great though and that's HHH right? 

Everytime i watch a Takeover i just wish the whole NXT team were doing a main roster show (probably SDL).

Mauro Ranallo is the best commentator they have by an absolute mile!

53 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Gulak has been a stand out for sure. I never said it was good or bad. NXT is great though and that's HHH right? 

Everytime i watch a Takeover i just wish the whole NXT team were doing a main roster show (probably SDL).

Mauro Ranallo is the best commentator they have by an absolute mile!

I like NXT, but I think it's debatable that making the main shows more like NXT will make them better or more popular. NXT also has a huge advantage in terms of it's length that the main shows can never have.

Is Ronda really a massive star still?

While she was on her winning streak in UFC she was getting movie offers left, right & centre & was even rumoured to be starring in a remake of Road House as lead but since those loses all those plans have been scrapped. 

I don't see her in chat shows or working the media at all and from the UFC people/forums I speak to while what she accomplished is still respected she’s now quite derided. 

I wonder if she will actually be that good as personally I don’t have high hopes for her, I see it being like when CM Punk switched the other way.

2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Is Ronda really a massive star still?

She is yeah. She did massive things for womens fighting across all disciplines. Shes an Olympian who won a medal but MMA passed her by pretty quickly. Can't just do judo forever and hope to get away with it. 

Will be interested to see what her style is like wrestling. 

I know who she is, my question was is she STILL a massive draw.

She did all you mentioned and did great numbers for UFC PPVs but like I said, she had a LOT of projects all lined up when she was riding the wave but a couple of loses (and in my opinion, her shitty attitude) and that all fell away and we haven’t really heard of her or seen her working the media or anything.

I’m sure Wrestlemania she will get attention but in my opinion Wrestlemania will always get mainstream attention anyway, undoubtedly she will help draw some more, after that I don’t see her being this huge massive star and a jewel in the crown.

I personally feel like the women’s division & the things these girls have accomplished and pushed it's prominence is incredible, I would NEVER of imagined when I was a kid watching we would see a 30 woman royal rumble let alone have it headline the actual PPV.

I don’t think Ronda can hang with them in any way. I don’t think she can work the mic, I don’t think her wrestling will be as good and the only character I can see her having is a Brock style & why do I wanna see an imitation? For me, she’s the female Roman Reigns.

On 17/02/2018 at 2:08 PM, metallimuse said:

I know who she is, my question was is she STILL a massive draw.

She did all you mentioned and did great numbers for UFC PPVs but like I said, she had a LOT of projects all lined up when she was riding the wave but a couple of loses (and in my opinion, her shitty attitude) and that all fell away and we haven’t really heard of her or seen her working the media or anything.

I’m sure Wrestlemania she will get attention but in my opinion Wrestlemania will always get mainstream attention anyway, undoubtedly she will help draw some more, after that I don’t see her being this huge massive star and a jewel in the crown.

I personally feel like the women’s division & the things these girls have accomplished and pushed it's prominence is incredible, I would NEVER of imagined when I was a kid watching we would see a 30 woman royal rumble let alone have it headline the actual PPV.

I don’t think Ronda can hang with them in any way. I don’t think she can work the mic, I don’t think her wrestling will be as good and the only character I can see her having is a Brock style & why do I wanna see an imitation? For me, she’s the female Roman Reigns.

I can she can be the female Kurt Angle, if transforms well into WWE.

On 2/17/2018 at 1:08 PM, metallimuse said:

We haven't even seen her in the ring yet or on the mic.

She's been working at all these things like anyone else hasn't she?

I know we touched on this a few pages back but having just watched Raw... Asuka's promos are actually getting worse, which I didn't think would be possible. She's good in the ring but she's no better than people like Charlotte and Alexa Bliss. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but I don't get it. It seems like people who come up from NXT are already over but I can't say I watch it enough to know if it's always justified.

On another note - Rollins was fantastic! :o

11 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I know the WWE hall of fame is a load of shite, its just politics, but its that main reason I thought I would NEVER see Jeff Jarrett in.

Seems crazy that hes going in, really does.

I’m sure WWE paid for his recent stint in rehab end of last year so I think their relationship has stemmed from there.

Seth Rollins was immense. What a performance. 

I can not understand why they aren’t pushing Braun to the very top. He’s exactly what you’d expect Vince to love looks wise, he’s improved massively in the ring, can cut a promo and he’s the most I’ve guy since Daniel Bryan week in week out. Everyone loves him. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I can not understand why they aren’t pushing Braun to the very top. He’s exactly what you’d expect Vince to love looks wise, he’s improved massively in the ring, can cut a promo and he’s the most I’ve guy since Daniel Bryan week in week out. Everyone loves him. 

They don't do what we want. Look at Rusev too. 

On 22/02/2018 at 10:36 PM, Andre91 said:

I would expect Braun to be Reigns main competition once Brock is out of the picture post Mania. I can see him taking the title come SummerSlam with possibly him v a returning Brock by Mania next year.

I’m off to see some live wrestling today around Leeds, hoping to get to meet Grado..it’s yersel!!!

• Like 1