WWE

lharris92

Heenan and Cornette two of the best managers of all time, no one else really comes close, but Heenan was THE best.

I agree Pink, Heenan in WCW never really got to the level in WWE, Although when he first came in he was good, I really enjoyed WCW when they ran with Heenan, Tenay and Schiavone. I always HATED Zbyszko, he was a talentless dickhead always trying to get himself over.

Heenan oozed personality and got talent over HUGE. You say his Rumble call Nal, but I think his Mania 8 was better with the Flair/Savage match. Gorilla winding him up so much, he got so upset he went backstage cut a promo with Flair and then came back!

Mania 8 is up there as one of the best Mania's and its their commentary that made it.

I always remember when I first started watching WWF in 1989 Prime Time with the two of them, it helped hook me in, it was so entertaining

Funny enough I was reading the other week when they finally stopped working together they went to a hotel room together and just cried for an hour. 

It a shame this days we have Michael Cole and his clone Tom Phillips. At least Corey is a plus. I can't wait until Kevin Owens hangs up the boots and gets in the booth.

11 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Heenan and Cornette two of the best managers of all time, no one else really comes close, but Heenan was THE best.

I agree Pink, Heenan in WCW never really got to the level in WWE, Although when he first came in he was good, I really enjoyed WCW when they ran with Heenan, Tenay and Schiavone. I always HATED Zbyszko, he was a talentless dickhead always trying to get himself over.

Heenan oozed personality and got talent over HUGE. You say his Rumble call Nal, but I think his Mania 8 was better with the Flair/Savage match. Gorilla winding him up so much, he got so upset he went backstage cut a promo with Flair and then came back!

Mania 8 is up there as one of the best Mania's and its their commentary that made it.

I always remember when I first started watching WWF in 1989 Prime Time with the two of them, it helped hook me in, it was so entertaining

Funny enough I was reading the other week when they finally stopped working together they went to a hotel room together and just cried for an hour. 

It a shame this days we have Michael Cole and his clone Tom Phillips. At least Corey is a plus. I can't wait until Kevin Owens hangs up the boots and gets in the booth.

I think it's difficult these days because they have someone in their ear all the time. Also they have to plug much more than just wrestling now. 

Cole was sort of decent at the UK tournament.

You said KO but I'd love for Y2J to do commentary when he's done. 

13 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Great shout yep. Here is it. 

WWE have made some odd bookings over the years on the top tier. No Flair vs Hogan, no Hogan vs Austin. Both should've been booked immediately. 

Just remembered another classic Heenan moment.

Edited by The Nal

2 hours ago, jump said:

Both had Hogan blocking it due to him having to job, same with Hogan vs Bret.

I dont think that was the case. Austin blocked the WM18 match and Vince blocked the WM8 match due to the crappy house show matches they had. 

I think Hogan gets a lot of unfair stick for that kind of thing. 

On 9/20/2017 at 11:16 PM, luckysalt said:

The trouble with Graves for me is he isn't willing to go all out heel enough. The genius of someone like Heenan is the subtle way he could get the faces over.

On 23/09/2017 at 4:06 PM, pink_triangle said:

The trouble with Graves for me is he isn't willing to go all out heel enough. The genius of someone like Heenan is the subtle way he could get the faces over.

True.

However in this day, it's difficult to go all out heel. In Heenan days it was completely different

14 hours ago, The Nal said:

Believe this more so after that stinker of a main event. Slow, one dimensional and the crowd were so bored. Don't think we'll see him in the main event picture for a while. 

sure was a stinker, why did they have a wrestling match instead of a brawl? Didn't suit Strowman at all.

Thought the whole show was a bit meh to be honest. Tag match was good though.

I thought the main event started well and then lost momentum. I'm wondering if their style just don't work well.

I enjoyed Cena v Reigns. I thought Cena showed again that he is the best in the business. The only thing that spoiled it for me was the kick out of the super AA. It's probably too late, but WWE should protect their finishing moves better.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, The Nal said:

Shano needs to stop jumping off the cell. Seems he hurt himself badly last night.

The trouble is with hell in a cell is we have seen everything, fans should not be encouraging wrestlers to injure themselves for the sake of entertainment.

I wasn't too impressed with the ppv. Charlotte and Rusev should be 2 of the biggest stars on the roster and they have ruined both.

6 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

The trouble is with hell in a cell is we have seen everything, fans should not be encouraging wrestlers to injure themselves for the sake of entertainment.

I wasn't too impressed with the ppv. Charlotte and Rusev should be 2 of the biggest stars on the roster and they have ruined both.

Sounds like he really has fucked himself up too.

Not sure how I feel about face Charlotte tbh. Rusev has been wasted for ages.

33 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Sounds like he really has fucked himself up too.

Not sure how I feel about face Charlotte tbh. Rusev has been wasted for ages.

Charlotte is a terrible face, she has gone from a standout star in the division, to just one of the girls. Rusev should be the top babyface on Smackdown in my view. I have no clue why they continuously job him out. The smackdown booking is much worse than Raw at present and Raw is far from great.

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Charlotte is a terrible face, she has gone from a standout star in the division, to just one of the girls. Rusev should be the top babyface on Smackdown in my view. I have no clue why they continuously job him out. The smackdown booking is much worse than Raw at present and Raw is far from great.

How long has she been face? I feel at the moment with what happened to her dad, she can't be anything else.

Has Rusev ever been Face or has he always been this boring foreign heel? I'd like to see him be face because i think he has the personality for it. 

Anyone else enjoying the Fashion Files?

11 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

How long has she been face? I feel at the moment with what happened to her dad, she can't be anything else.

Has Rusev ever been Face or has he always been this boring foreign heel? I'd like to see him be face because i think he has the personality for it. 

Anyone else enjoying the Fashion Files?

Charlotte to me is just generic as a babyface, she however pulls off arrogant heel as well as anyone. 

Rusev was far from boring when he first started and beat everyone, however he loses all the time now. I saw him on an advert and he showed great personality. I would turn him straight away providing they let him win occasionally.

I like the fashion files as it is something different and let's people show personalities who wouldn't normally have the chance.

Rumour Neville has asked for his release which would be sad if true.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Charlotte to me is just generic as a babyface, she however pulls off arrogant heel as well as anyone. 

Rusev was far from boring when he first started and beat everyone, however he loses all the time now. I saw him on an advert and he showed great personality. I would turn him straight away providing they let him win occasionally.

I like the fashion files as it is something different and let's people show personalities who wouldn't normally have the chance.

Rumour Neville has asked for his release which would be sad if true.

Charlotte is a fantastic heel!

Fashion Files is great because it gives those guys room to do something, they had a daft match a few PPVs ago but I actually really liked it, would like to see more of them.

Funny,  was wondering if Neville was due a step back up to the main roster.

I think they might stick with the Shield till around the end of the year, then turn Ambrose on them and build a Wrestlemania story against Rollins. While Reigns go and defeat Brock at Wrestlemania