WWE

lharris92

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I couldn't disagree more with the above post. 

He isn't just another big guy. He is the best big guy they've had since god knows when. He has improved at an astounding rate. He is athletic as hell. When was the last time you saw a 6ft 9",  385lb guy do a running double drop kick with ease like he does? He has all the right power moves and seems to work well with pretty much everyone he's been paired with. 

He's killer on the mic too and the crowd absolutely love him. There are ZERO boos for this guy. Everybody goes nuts every time his music hits. They've booked him for perfectly. He's exciting to watch each and every week. He's a megastar in the making. 

I definitely believe he is ready to be 'the guy' in the company. Have him go over Brock and win the title. The place will explode. 

My only gripe is that this should have been the Mania main event. Everyone heard SummerSlam go completely insane when him and Brock had that stare down and then when he destroyed Brock. 

I'M ON TEAM BRRAAUUUN. 

I agree with all of this. His improvement is the most encouraging thing as he was very green when he started and pretty much skipped NXT tv. I also think the roster has got a bit smaller in recent years which makes him stand out.

He's more then just another big guy. Yes he doesn't have the move set of AJ Styles or Johhny Gargano, but his matches and even promos are still entertaining. His menacing and giant look makes him stand out.

Besides as mentioned above he's one of the most over guys at the moment, the last time someone was this over was probably Daniel Brayn pre WM XXX. I agree he's still green, but I see a lot of potential for him in the next year or two 

Just watching RAW. Strowman is definitely over. The match at SS was an odd one... all 4 wrestlers could easily sit in the face or heel category. It'll never happen (much like it never with did Cena) but I'd love to see Reigns go Heel.

I get the whole argument for how much merch they sell but even The Rock and Stone Cold have been heel?

1 hour ago, A-Rob said:

He's more then just another big guy. Yes he doesn't have the move set of AJ Styles or Johhny Gargano, but his matches and even promos are still entertaining. His menacing and giant look makes him stand out.

Agreed, in my view WWE works well when there is a good variety of different looks, styles etc. Not everyone needs to be putting on Dave Meltzer 5* classics.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

When was the last time you saw a 6ft 9",  385lb guy do a running double drop kick with ease like he does? 

Kane? Taker? Vader? Bam Bam? Big Show?

Hes over sure, in the current vacuum of stars, but that doesn't mean he has any longevity. Another big shouty wild eyed strong giant loner guy who challenges the top guy. Theres been that character in every wrestling promotion since the 50s.

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Hes over sure, in the current vacuum of stars, but that doesn't mean he has any longevity. Another big shouty wild eyed strong giant loner guy who challenges the top guy. Theres been that character in every wrestling promotion since the 50s.

All of those guys broke up 20+ years ago at least. He is different to any other big guy they've had since. 

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

WWE isn't really the land of the giants anymore. I see Braun as someone who will get over with both the kids and the internet fans. To get over with the latter is impressive when you think he doesn't tick a lot of the right boxes eg cult following from indies/Japan, reputation as a good wrestler etc.

15 hours ago, The Nal said:

Those  guys are the best 5 big men of the last 25 years. There has not been big guy of that caliber in over a decade for sure

It's also interesting that Braunn got over without wwe mega push. 

Edited by A-Rob

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah I thought it was an excellent segment from both guys, but Cena stood out more (no surprise). I'm really starting to think that this Reigns heel turn is going to come about properly now John is back on RAW. This will be the Mania main event too, I'm sure. 

I saw an edited down version of it. Apparently Reigns got lost a couple of times. 

With Ronda Rousey seemingly on her way to WWE, surely this has to eventually lead to Ronda vs. Asuka :wub:

I think a great storyline would be for Asuka to come up to the main roster and absolutely steamroll everybody and win the title quickly and hold onto it until Mania. Have Asuka as this badass heel who just destroys everybody and have her sort of hold the title hostage because nobody can beat her. Have Stephanie McMahon return (only briefly) saying that she isn't going to let anybody hold the legacy of her family's women's title to ransom blah blah and say she has signed someone who can take the title back. Que Ronda's debut and facing Asuka at Mania for the title B)

Edited by Andre91

WWE have finally found a way to get everyone to cheer Cena in putting him up against Reigns. The only face more disliked than him haha.

I must admit I'm surprised they've used this match at a PPV as small as No Mercy, though. Arguably their 2 biggest stars in a first time match should be SummerSlam or WM matches. 

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

With Ronda Rousey seemingly on her way to WWE, surely this has to eventually lead to Ronda vs. Asuka :wub:

I think a great storyline would be for Asuka to come up to the main roster and absolutely steamroll everybody and win the title quickly and hold onto it until Mania. Have Asuka as this badass heel who just destroys everybody and have her sort of hold the title hostage because nobody can beat her. Have Stephanie McMahon return (only briefly) saying that she isn't going to let anybody hold the legacy of her family's women's title to ransom blah blah and say she has signed someone who can take the title back. Que Ronda's debut and facing Asuka at Mania for the title B)

I would rather Charlotte be involved than Asuka. She is the best they have had and there is still enough time to build her up from the awful way she has been used since switching brand.

Actually looking back apart from Bliss and Jinder I'm not sure anyone benefited from the shake up.

44 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

WWE have finally found a way to get everyone to cheer Cena in putting him up against Reigns. The only face more disliked than him haha.

I must admit I'm surprised they've used this match at a PPV as small as No Mercy, though. Arguably their 2 biggest stars in a first time match should be SummerSlam or WM matches. 

To be fair most booing Cena in the last couple of years are doing it because they are following the crowd and think it makes them cool. There is no better all rounder in my view.

6 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I watched the Steamboat v Flair chi town rumble match after it was featured on the Austin podcast. Great match and the commentary and crowd shit all over the current product. I really need to seek out some more older matches.

Definitely check out the other two in the '89 trilogy, both better. Also check out the Flair/Funk matches which followed this feud. Great stuff. 

If you guys could create an all-conquering stable out of the current roster, who would be in it? Thought we could make a little game of it, discuss who we think would work etc. So: 

Stable name:

Main eventer/leader: 

Rising star: 

Female wrestler: 

Tag Team: 

Big man: 

Mine would be: 

Stable name: Thinners of the Herd (nice Code Orange inspired name. That way we can get them performing at a main roster show like they did at NXT :P ) 

Main eventer/leader: Dean Ambrose 

Rising Star: Aleister Black 

Female wrestler: Becky Lynch

Tag team: Authors of Pain 

Big man: Baron Corbin 

No manager. Ambrose is the mouthpiece. 

I thought about having Seth as the leader but I always love heel stables and I think a purely heel Ambrose would be a good fit for this group. I'd love for them to have the sort of pseudo-satanic vibes that Aleister Black has in NXT with his entrance and stuff. 

Edited by Andre91