WWE

lharris92

27 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

WWE is rubbish as of late. The Universal Title scene is the only thing worth watching on both brands. 

They best put the belt on Braun, for god's sake. 

I think there have been a few other decent things such as Neville and the Miz, but it's all got pretty dull. I rarely watch raw and Smackdown, but the packages make me think I'm not missing much. Untill they give people characters and come up with interesting storylines, not enough people are going to care.

It has been shit since Mania. My friend who has watched it every week for years is getting sick of it.

Jinder vs Orton and Rusev vs Cena are nearly identical fueds, just Orton doesn't do that "USA, USA" thing.

Need to watch SDL though, looks like a certain someone has come back to save us!

The thing is 2017 has been one of best years ever for wrestling. Just WWE has been really bad recently. NJPW G1 Is on at the moment. Ibushi and Sabre are in it, both having outstanding matches (Ibushi's first match against Naito was 5 stars IMO). Imagine if these two guys signed with WWE after the Cruiserweight classic, they would be geeks on 205.

Okada/Omega 3 is happening on the final night of the block with Omega most likely winning and finally beating him, no title on the line though obviously which just adds to the story and will set up a blow off match in October hopefully.

Remember CJ Parker? The jobber in NXT, well he is over as hell right now in NJPW and is going to be a star. It's crazy how far he has come and it's great to see someone get the opportunity to show what he's got.

first night of the tournament is or was free on NJPW world so can't recommend it enough for those who are fed up of WWE.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

So... Jinder vs. Cena vs. Nakamura at SummerSlam? I think the Jinder experiment will end and we will see Nakamura win the title, only for Corbin to cash in immediately and take it from him. This will all lead nicely to Nakamura getting the title back at the end of the year, AJ winning the Rumble and going on to co-main event WrestleMania 34 against Nakamura for the WWE Championship. 

Edited by Andre91

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

So... Jinder vs. Cena vs. Nakamura at SummerSlam? I think the Jinder experiment will end and we will see Nakamura win the title, only for Corbin to cash in immediately and take it from him. This will all lead nicely to Nakamura getting the title back at the end of the year, AJ winning the Rumble and going on to co-main event WrestleMania 34 against Nakamura for the WWE Championship. 

I hope the experiment doesn't end. Wwe need to continue to invest in him whether he has the world title or not. I also think adding Nakamura to a Cena v Jinder feud makes it worse and not better.

On 7/26/2017 at 3:03 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

Ibushi and Sabre are in it, both having outstanding matches (Ibushi's first match against Naito was 5 stars IMO). Imagine if these two guys signed with WWE after the Cruiserweight classic, they would be geeks on 205.

I actually think 205 is an underrated show. While not perfect, at least it tries to work on characters and storylines.

On 27/07/2017 at 2:29 AM, Andre91 said:

I think the Jinder experiment  has already failed, all his matches have been below average since winning the title and the story line is dragging and boring.

The only reason he's still holding the title is because of the Indian market. 

1 hour ago, A-Rob said:

I think the Jinder experiment  has already failed, all his matches have been below average since winning the title and the story line is dragging and boring.

The only reason he's still holding the title is because of the Indian market. 

I think its pretty unfair to judge someone one the basis of one feud. Its not like Randy Orton has always had interesting feuds with everyone else. Also in terms of judging if an experiment has failed, you have to consider whether WWE would be doing better with someone else on top. My guess is that if someone more popular on the internet eg Owens, Styles, Nakamura etc was champion that the ratings would be exactly the same.

I also would disagree that he is being pushed purely because his background, as he had the same background in the past and was not given the title.  He is in ridiculously good shape, which I know to some doesnt matter. However in my view having a heavyweight champion who looks like he could hold his own against anyone on the brand isnt a bad thing. He is also showing signs of improvement both in his in ring work and mic skills in my view. He may never have Dave Meltzer 5 star matches. but thats no different to many of the top drawing champions in WWE history.

16 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

My guess is that if someone more popular on the internet eg Owens, Styles, Nakamura etc was champion that the ratings would be exactly the same.

Id say these three are more popular than Jinder at live shows and if you looked at merch numbers, not just on the internet. Ratings are down and part of the blame is on Jinder. The ratings are back to decent right now and that's because Cena is back. Orton has been awful this year and deserves much blame for the feud and match quality (I liked their match at MITB).   A great worker can make the most of any situation and 2017 has proved Orton isn't as great as everyone likes to say he is.

The only reason Jinder has the belt is to target the Indian market and get more network subs there. No other reason. From a business stand point it's good but it really weakened the importance of the belt IMO. No problem with anyone getting an opportunity but you need to work your way to the top and be built up. 

2 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Id say these three are more popular than Jinder at live shows and if you looked at merch numbers, not just on the internet. Ratings are down and part of the blame is on Jinder. The ratings are back to decent right now and that's because Cena is back. Orton has been awful this year and deserves much blame for the feud and match quality (I liked their match at MITB).   A great worker can make the most of any situation and 2017 has proved Orton isn't as great as everyone likes to say he is.

The only reason Jinder has the belt is to target the Indian market and get more network subs there. No other reason. From a business stand point it's good but it really weakened the importance of the belt IMO. No problem with anyone getting an opportunity but you need to work your way to the top and be built up. 

Well I wouldnt expect Jinder to be selling much merch is he is playing the role of the heel effectively. I also would expect 2 of the 3 people to be more popular on live shows as they are faces and the other is a cool heel. I dont think WWE heels need to be popular. In terms of the ratings the trend has been downward for some time and as I said I believe would be the same if any of those with a bigger internet fanbase were holding the title. I am also in agreement that Cena is pretty much the only draw on Smackdown. That is why I think a feud with Cena (without Nakamura) would be the best for Jinder and the program.

Also if the only reason Jinder has the title is because of his ethnicity then that would suggest if the company hadnt brought him back they would have just given it to one of the Singh brothers for the same reason. Nobody will convince me that his look has had no impact on his move to the top of the card.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone looking forward for summerslam and Brooklyn III ?

I'm particularly excited about the fatal 4 way match, I think it will be an all out brawl with an unpredictable outcome. I'm also enjoying the RAW tag team titles storyline, I think at some point Dean is going to turn heel on Rollins, which she be good for him because he's been really stale as a face this past year. 

16 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Summerslam has no chance of topping NXT. Awesome show.

Without a shadow of doubt  NXT was amazing, it exceeded my exceptions.  My favorite match was the tag team match, and old school all out brawl. Besides I love the Sanity gimmick so it was nice to see them win the titles.

I don't give 10/10 because of the main event, it was a good match but not great. I don't think that Drew is the right man to lead NXT

I still have to watch Summerslam.....will watch it after work today

Just about to watch Summerslam now. I entered a competition to win free tickets to the next WWE event in Cardiff which was pretty tough. For each match you had to guess: Who would win, method of victory (pinfall, submission, count out or other) and how long the match would last (in 5 minute intervals). I haven't had an email to say I won!

Before watching, these are my predictions:

Akira Tozawa (c) vs. Neville
The New Day (c) vs. The Usos

Big Show vs. Big Cass (with Enzo Amore suspended in a Shark Cage)
Randy Orton vs. Rusev
Naomi (c) vs. Natalya
Cesaro & Sheamus (c) vs. Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins
Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Sasha Banks
AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens
“The Demon” Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt
John Cena vs. Baron Corbin
Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (but by DQ so he won't win the title)
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman

I normally get these things horribly wrong though so I won't hold out much hope on (m)any of them being right :lol: 

20 hours ago, Andre91 said:

What a weekend of wrestling. That SummerSlam main event was bloody amazing. 

I thought summerslam was typical WWE PPV. Everyone worked hard and the matches were solid. However I find it hard to be interested in the feuds and care who wins the matches.  I agree the main event was a great brawl, also think Balor should stay as the demon character as Finn is such a dull character. My main criticism was the continued burial of Rusev.

The NXT show was much better but it had the advantage  of being a lot shorter.  They also have a huge advantage over the main roster with only wrestling on the televised show a couple of times a month and 1 special every 3 months.  They are therefore a lot less overexposed.

I couldn't disagree more with the above post. 

He isn't just another big guy. He is the best big guy they've had since god knows when. He has improved at an astounding rate. He is athletic as hell. When was the last time you saw a 6ft 9",  385lb guy do a running double drop kick with ease like he does? He has all the right power moves and seems to work well with pretty much everyone he's been paired with. 

He's killer on the mic too and the crowd absolutely love him. There are ZERO boos for this guy. Everybody goes nuts every time his music hits. They've booked him for perfectly. He's exciting to watch each and every week. He's a megastar in the making. 

I definitely believe he is ready to be 'the guy' in the company. Have him go over Brock and win the title. The place will explode. 

My only gripe is that this should have been the Mania main event. Everyone heard SummerSlam go completely insane when him and Brock had that stare down and then when he destroyed Brock. 

I'M ON TEAM BRRAAUUUN. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1