WWE

lharris92

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I think Jinder is one of the most improved on the roster. I think in recent years you have had the impression that everyone has their defined place on the card and can't move up or down

It's not like it's a ppv, or he will win the title, but can provide a couple of weeks of compelling TV. The alternative is the same guys against the same guys all the time.

So because it's on not on pay per view and on the network the company can elevate a jobber who I don't think apart from last night ever won a singles match since he returned. I'd much rather see Corbin or Zayn. Can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. Can you tell me some good Jinder matches as I've never seen one. Cesaro had a terrible match with him. 

16 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

So because it's on not on pay per view and on the network the company can elevate a jobber who I don't think apart from last night ever won a singles match since he returned. I'd much rather see Corbin or Zayn. Can't think of anyone else off the top of my head. Can you tell me some good Jinder matches as I've never seen one. Cesaro had a terrible match with him. 

He came second in the battle royal at wrestlemania which I think was a pretty decent run. He looks good, decent on the mic and adds a bit of diversity to the roster. I think he is the type of guy who should be given opportunities and will sink/swim depending on how he takes them.

In terms of matches it's difficult to judge as he hasn't been put in the position to shine. Also match quality is not the number one factor in looking for. I have been watching old nxt where he is main evening with Rollins and more than holding his own. I would prefer him to have probably been in a mid card feud first, but would much rather see jinder v Orton than Orton v Zayn.

Scratching my head at Jinder but just get that title off of Orton ASAP. What a pointless reign and it's been just as boring as everything else he's ever done in his career (not including the legend killer. That was great). I struggle to think of a wrestler EVER who I find more mind numbingly boring than Randy. I've never been a fan. 

Jinder with the Bollywood Boys and Daivari from the Cruiserweight division could be a decent little stable if they don't make them the typical anti-American foreign heels. Have them play cocky, wealthy guys. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Jinder with the Bollywood Boys and Daivari from the Cruiserweight division could be a decent little stable if they don't make them the typical anti-American foreign heels. Have them play cocky, wealthy guys. 

If you forget his past he ticks a lot of the right boxes, he looks good, he can play a proper (non cool) heel and in terms of style he is pretty much wwe by numbers.

The main reason for his push may be an attempt to make inroads in the Indian market, for the same reason I have no doubt there will be a Chinese world champion in the next 10 years. I imagine WWE think Jinder has more money making potential than someone like Zayn.

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Scratching my head at Jinder but just get that title off of Orton ASAP. What a pointless reign and it's been just as boring as everything else he's ever done in his career (not including the legend killer. That was great). I struggle to think of a wrestler EVER who I find more mind numbingly boring than Randy. I've never been a fan. 

How bland is the whole foreign heel thing!

Should have kept the title on Bray.

34 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Isn't it always London?

No that's the April/May ones, the November are always different location last year was Glasgow, the year before Manchester if I recall correctly 

Anyone watch Impact on Spike over the weekend? Really enjoyed it, whilst its not on the level it was 10 years ago, its defo taking a step in the right direction and boy are they bringing in fresh talent and old names back. Crazy. 

I've seen the spoilers for the tapings and since Anthem have took over they've brought in so many names, I dont know how to do spoiler text on here anymore so I wont name anyone. 

I think its repeated tonight on My5 so give it a go.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I enjoyed the house of horrors. Over recent years WWE has got a bit serious and it's good to see them doing something a bit different. It was overall an enjoyable show, although outside the house of horrors will be forgotten fairly quickly.

Fair enough. I didn't think it was as bad as people are making out but maybe it shouldn't have been on a PPV. Thought overall the show was one of the better ones I've watched. In terms of the matches at least.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Fair enough. I didn't think it was as bad as people are making out but maybe it shouldn't have been on a PPV. Thought overall the show was one of the better ones I've watched. In terms of the matches at least.

I would argue it's exactly the type of thing they should be doing to differentiate the ppvs from an episode of raw, which any of the other matches could have come from. It wasn't perfect, but I applaude them for trying something different. A lot of criticism I have read is people saying it wasn't dark enough, but with the constraints of PG I thought it was appropriate.