WWE

lharris92

I think that the following will go to SD: 

Kevin Owens, The New Day, Sami Zayn, Charlotte, Emma, Rusev & Lana, Andrade 'Cien' Almas. 

Did anyone notice Elias Samson just walking through the crowd during the women's match :lol: ? The gif of it made me howl. I thought it was brilliant. 

Edited by Andre91

Think Smackdown Live has come out on top after the shake-up. Quality in ring workers added and look to have kept a hold of AJ at least for now. They should definitely be able to get the best out of Zayn and RuRu. Charlotte is a massive gain for the blue brand.

So is Kevin Owens the new main heel on Smackdown and AJ the main face? 

Orton is I guess meant to be the main face but hes not is he.

Hope Rusev gets pushed but I reckon he will always be behind Owens in the pecking order. 

So Raw has what now Miz, Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Strowman and Lesnar that the main guys there or am I missing anyone?

1 hour ago, DavisO89 said:

Think Smackdown Live has come out on top after the shake-up. Quality in ring workers added and look to have kept a hold of AJ at least for now. They should definitely be able to get the best out of Zayn and RuRu. Charlotte is a massive gain for the blue brand.

I disagree. Smackdown has been enhanced, it is a division short of big names and lacking character with Miz and Wyatt moved on. If smackdown becomes the workrate show it will be weaker for it.

Charlotte is clearly a big pickup and will be expected to continue to step up as one of the main stars of the brand. I agree they will get the best out of Rusev, but Im not convinced there is much more to be done with Zayn. I just dont think the crowd would ever take him seriously above the mid card.

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Hope Rusev gets pushed but I reckon he will always be behind Owens in the pecking order. 

Im convinced Rusev will come back as a face. Looking at the snickers advert, he showed a ton of personality that I had not seen before.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I disagree. Smackdown has been enhanced, it is a division short of big names and lacking character with Miz and Wyatt moved on. If smackdown becomes the workrate show it will be weaker for it.

Charlotte is clearly a big pickup and will be expected to continue to step up as one of the main stars of the brand. I agree they will get the best out of Rusev, but Im not convinced there is much more to be done with Zayn. I just dont think the crowd would ever take him seriously above the mid card.

Im convinced Rusev will come back as a face. Looking at the snickers advert, he showed a ton of personality that I had not seen before.

Do you follow Rusev on twitter? He's hilarious.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Completely disagree.

Smackdown was at it's best when Heyman was booking it and they had pure workers who put on great wrestling matches.

I'm happy with the shake up, keep the soap opera on Raw and let's watch what the real talent does on the blue brand.

I will say I'm gutted Alexa Bliss has gone to Raw.

I think Bray will be wasted on Raw but I'm hopeful him and Finn get the chance to have an epic long feud over afew months, but I doubt it.

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Completely disagree.

Smackdown was at it's best when Heyman was booking it and they had pure workers who put on great wrestling matches.

I'm happy with the shake up, keep the soap opera on Raw and let's watch what the real talent does on the blue brand.

I will say I'm gutted Alexa Bliss has gone to Raw.

I think Bray will be wasted on Raw but I'm hopeful him and Finn get the chance to have an epic long feud over afew months, but I doubt it.

Real talent on SmackDown? Nobody will convince me that someone like Zayn is more talented than Miz or Wyatt.

When it came to the SmackDown 6 they weren't just workers. Eddy and Angle were brimming with personality and could do the soap opera part when needed. 5 of the 6 had hall of fame worthy (of course benoit can't ever get in) careers and Chavo was pretty good. I just don't see close to that level of talent in the current crop.

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If they do it properly, I really think that AJ, Owens, Nakamura, Corbin, Zayn and Rusev are a very promising group to build the men's division around. 

I just really don't like Sami. At all. 

I just feel it lacks a bit of star power. I agree about Zayn who I think is mediocrity personified.

On another point am I the only one who find the current WWE crowds really annoying. Look at the attitude era and the crowds were there for the ride, the current crowds seem to think they are bring really cool chanting for CM Punk.

5 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I just feel it lacks a bit of star power. I agree about Zayn who I think is mediocrity personified.

On another point am I the only one who find the current WWE crowds really annoying. Look at the attitude era and the crowds were there for the ride, the current crowds seem to think they are bring really cool chanting for CM Punk.

Something that has stood out to me since i got back into it. The crowds seem really obnoxious. 

The crowds at the after mania shows were shocking i thought (throwing beach balls around) but apparently WWE encourage it.

3 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Something that has stood out to me since i got back into it. The crowds seem really obnoxious. 

The crowds at the after mania shows were shocking i thought (throwing beach balls around) but apparently WWE encourage it.

Also swearing in crowds full of kids. The current WWE crowds are more interested in acting like sheep thinking they are cool and rebellious.

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think WWE need to invent a crap chant detector to eliminate culprits before they get through the door. Initial programming for me would include "what", "cm punk", "this is awesome", "you deserved this" and any swearing.

Agree on all of those. "This is awesome" is okay but they chat it too often at normal stuff.

14 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think WWE need to invent a crap chant detector to eliminate culprits before they get through the door. Initial programming for me would include "what", "cm punk", "this is awesome", "you deserved this" and any swearing.

Agree with all of those except "What". I know I'm probably alone with this but I don't think I'll eve really get bored of it.

14 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

So if someone jumps off the cell again, what are the fans going to chant since holy shit wouldn't be tolerated. Maybe a "WWE Universe" chant? 

2 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

So if someone jumps off the cell again, what are the fans going to chant since holy shit wouldn't be tolerated. Maybe a "WWE Universe" chant? 

That's a pretty good point. There are degrees of swearing and holy shit for a one off occasion isn't as bad as fuck you Roman which is completely different in tone.

Saying that I personally wouldn't get involved in a holy shit chant with a significant amount of kids around, nor do I want to see wrestlers risking health through silly stunts.

4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Agree with all of those except "What". I know I'm probably alone with this but I don't think I'll eve really get bored of it.

It's soooo annoying.

Anyway, I'm extremely happy that Booker is on Raw commentary for the next 6 weeks. Bloody love him.

14 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Jinder Mahal #1 contender for Backlash. Has the world title ever been so meaningless?

I think Jinder is one of the most improved on the roster. I think in recent years you have had the impression that everyone has their defined place on the card and can't move up or down.

It's not like it's a ppv, or he will win the title, but can provide a couple of weeks of compelling TV. The alternative is the same guys against the same guys all the time.