WWE

lharris92

2 minutes ago, jump said:

His merch sells ok but he isn't the top seller (it's still Cena) and is pushed a lot more than the others, apparently the reason Ambrose became champ when Reigns was suspended was because his merch sales were better.

Sorry, I meant of the full time guys. I know Cena blows everyone out of the water with his sales but he's off for 4 months now.

2 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Yeah his merch is way ahead of everyone else isn't it?

Yeah. Seems WWE are very happy with him.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0330/624651/backstage-news-on-roman-reigns-selling-more-merchandise-than-any/

Decent interview with HHH here

"If 70 percent of that crowd is booing him, then he's a heel. We're just presenting him to you in a different way that makes you hate him."

Same for Cena

"he was a little bothered by the fact he was getting booed. I said to him, ‘Dude, it’s sold out. What do you care? You are the Yankees and the Red Sox in the same game"

Edited by The Nal

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Yeah. Seems WWE are very happy with him.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0330/624651/backstage-news-on-roman-reigns-selling-more-merchandise-than-any/

Decent interview with HHH here

"If 70 percent of that crowd is booing him, then he's a heel. We're just presenting him to you in a different way that makes you hate him."

Same for Cena

"he was a little bothered by the fact he was getting booed. I said to him, ‘Dude, it’s sold out. What do you care? You are the Yankees and the Red Sox in the same game"

That's the thing though isn't it, any reaction is good in the business.

Mania, I thought was alright, I personally thought Shane v AJ was pants. AJ had to keep stopping for Shane to do the next sequence, it wasn't great at all, it was a bunch of spots and it was one of Shanes worst performances let alone AJ's, Ive watched a SHIT load of AJ matches and this didn't come close. Put him in the ring with Rollins and that will be amazing.

Speaking of Rollins, I thought he had a great match with HHH, was my match of the night, they told a story, it was a old school HHH match, Rollins worked it very well, a different type of match for him, it took him to the next level IMO showing how well rounded he is. Hated the Steph bump finish though, was weak. 

Orton/wyatt I didn't hate, I quite enjoyed it, oh yeah it was forgettable, but I didn't dislike it, I hated that Orton won the strap though. In 4 months we have had 4 different holders, AJ, Cena, Wyatt now Orton, why the hot potato? Theres no point in having Orton go over Wyatt at Mania, i hope Wyatt stays at main event level.

AJ is moving to Raw soon, Miz and Wyatt need to be top Smackdown heels. I don't know who at top level id move from Raw to Smackdown.

7 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Mania, I thought was alright, I personally thought Shane v AJ was pants. AJ had to keep stopping for Shane to do the next sequence, it wasn't great at all, it was a bunch of spots and it was one of Shanes worst performances let alone AJ's, Ive watched a SHIT load of AJ matches and this didn't come close. Put him in the ring with Rollins and that will be amazing.

AJ is moving to Raw soon, Miz and Wyatt need to be top Smackdown heels. I don't know who at top level id move from Raw to Smackdown.

Rollins has got to find a character in my view and not just be someone who does lots of moves. The person I would move is Rusev when fit as he has gone stale on raw.

1 hour ago, Uncle Liam said:

So I ask the question, why did Nakamura not headline Wrestlemania? 

Based on Smackdown, he's basically the most over person in the company. And all he did was walk to the ring. 

Well he didn't headline because the headline event was undertaker passing the torch and undertaker v reigns makes more sense than undertaker v nakamura. In terms of whether he will headline in the future will depend on his popularity in 6 months. A debut pop is not the best way to judge someone.

His popularity in 6 months will depend on the booking, he can only do what he can with the limitations and 50/50 booking they will give him (I hope not). He has proved for years he's one of the best in the world (just like AJ did) it's all down to how they use him. Nakamura isn't some new guy who is still learning the business. He is the superstar they have been waiting on. 

15 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

His popularity in 6 months will depend on the booking, he can only do what he can with the limitations and 50/50 booking they will give him (I hope not). He has proved for years he's one of the best in the world (just like AJ did) it's all down to how they use him. Nakamura isn't some new guy who is still learning the business. He is the superstar they have been waiting on. 

It's not just down to booking, to me it's a collaboration between the wrestlers, bookers, commentators etc.

I think there is a difference between connecting with the hardcore fans and the mainstream and that will be the test. I also think mic work may be an issue with someone who is not English first language if your being expected to be "the man". Japanese wrestlers in the past have only got so far in WWE and wcw, so it's a big challenge for him.

25 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It's not just down to booking, to me it's a collaboration between the wrestlers, bookers, commentators etc.

I think there is a difference between connecting with the hardcore fans and the mainstream and that will be the test. I also think mic work may be an issue with someone who is not English first language if your being expected to be "the man". Japanese wrestlers in the past have only got so far in WWE and wcw, so it's a big challenge for him.

I was watching an interview he did with Whatculture and although his English is good, he has to stop and think about it a lot. Did he do many promos in NXT?

5 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I was watching an interview he did with Whatculture and although his English is good, he has to stop and think about it a lot. Did he do many promos in NXT?

The reality is that he is never going to pull of an amazing promo in English which will hurt him in terms of rising to the top. Whether his wrestling and charisma will make up for it, time will tell.

Some things that will hurt him are out of his control, I doubt when Vince pictures in his head what his ideal world champion looks like he thinks of Nakamura. It's a lot easier to succeed when people from similar backgrounds have succeeded before.

17 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

The reality is that he is never going to pull of an amazing promo in English which will hurt him in terms of rising to the top. Whether his wrestling and charisma will make up for it, time will tell.

Some things that will hurt him are out of his control, I doubt when Vince pictures in his head what his ideal world champion looks like he thinks of Nakamura. It's a lot easier to succeed when people from similar backgrounds have succeeded before.

Supposedly there was a tug of war over him with Vince wanting him on Raw but Trips wanted him on Smackdown so he could have more control over his booking. Looks like Trips won so I'd expect him to be booked well and possibly champion by Mania next year which is a good thing.

So it looks a given AJ will be transferring over to Raw on Monday. Shame as he won't get the same time to shine on the cluster fuck that is Raw like he does on Smackdown but I'd like to see him team up with Gallows and Anderson and resurrect 'The Club' as they look to be lost in the wind abit atm.

Just now, pink_triangle said:

I'm skeptical about that, I'm not convinced Vince ever loses a tug of war with anyone in the company. 

I don't think Vince rules with such an iron fist over Trips, I think everything good that's come over the past few years has had Trips behind it and Vince knows it.

Like you pointed out, I don't think Vince would know what to do with Nakamura. If Vince was smart he'd look at how big AJ has become this past year with Trips having control and now it appears he's bringing him to Raw for the money, which I expect him to do in a year with Nakamura.

5 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Been meaning to say aswell how impressed I've been with Charlotte recently. Her ring psychology and performances have been outstanding.

I think she's the greatest female athlete they've ever had. She is absolutely fantastic in every aspect.