WWE

lharris92

24 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Well he got the express over last night to viewers who wouldn't know anything about them. When it comes to talking, he is on another level. Maybe only Heyman is better but even he has got stale now. Cornette would work perfect with the revival. 

There is a role for people like cornette, but probably more in a nostalgia way eg ceremonies, documentaries.

While I would agree there is a role for heel managers, it wouldn't work with Cornette in 2017. Firstly I assume he can't take bumps and secondly he is now at the stage where he will never be hated.

2 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Where are you getting those odds?

It was skybet yesterday, but I checked today and it's down to around 800/1. So some of the odds must have shifted.

I checked all the favourites and that's 28/1. I think the main reason mine is so high is Ambrose is quite a big underdog. Have only put £2 on as its a big long shot. WWE could screw everyone accumulators just by sticking a double dq or countout in.

11 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think the character moments are the main thing missing from today's product. Kurt's correct in the fact that the milk truck and cowboy hat are probably remembered more than any (and he had a lot)great match he had.

Wait, what? I half agree with you Pink lol!

I agree that larger then life and authentic characters are missing.I may be wrong but I assume you you would lay the blame of that on the new talent like Rollins and Ambrose etc but I think the problem is that guys like them and their peers are scripted way to heavily and they don't have the carte blonch (sp?) to develop their characters as they did in the indies. They have great matches but their psychology and personas are being stifled.

Excuse if this doesn't make sense as I'm very pissed after being out since the Merseyside Derby lol. Think I'm doing well, no spelling mistakes is there lol?

Since getting back into it all over the past year and listening/watching as much as I can to fill in the 12 years or so that I missed it seems to be the consensus that there is too much direction from the top. 

I guess with it being a PG product they feel like they have to have more control over it though? 

I feel like the Attitude Era was the wild west, both brands trying to outdo each other, getting crazier and crazier (which didn't always lead to good ideas) guys being allowed to do their own thing more and obviously it all fit with how the 90s were in general.

Kurt was great btw, would be cool to have him around as a GM.

50 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I agree that larger then life and authentic characters are missing.I may be wrong but I assume you you would lay the blame of that on the new talent like Rollins and Ambrose etc but I think the problem is that guys like them and their peers are scripted way to heavily and they don't have the carte blonch (sp?) to develop their characters as they did in the indies. They have great matches but their psychology and personas are being stifled.

It's a collaboration between the wrestler and the people who write for them. I wouldn't blame one or the other. Also I wouldn't underestimate the importance of the commentators. Jr and king were as important as any wrestler in getting Austin, rock , Foley etc over. 

From one perspective I you could argue some of the great moments, hbk turning on Janetty, Austin shooting McMahon, Hogan joining the nwo, angle milk truck etc were very scripted. However they probably wouldn't be memorable if people didn't care about the characters in the first place.

My favourite ever match is Austin v Hart and from a technical point of view today's talent could have the same match, but people wouldn't care as much. I would argue that Rollins and Ambrose may do great moves, but they have never had a great WWE match 

I suspect also the current generation are just more boring and less creative. When you look at their predecessors who spent their time consuming copious drugs and alcohol, travelling with grizzled veterans away from social media and phones with cameras. The new generation seem to be back to the hotel to play video games . They will probably live longer and happier lives, but I think the more sterile lifestyle may stifle creativity.

38 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I feel like the Attitude Era was the wild west, both brands trying to outdo each other, getting crazier and crazier (which didn't always lead to good ideas) guys being allowed to do their own thing more and obviously it all fit with how the 90s were in general.

I think if the current product was all I knew, I would enjoy it a lot more. The trouble is when you grew up watching the attitude era, it's hard not to see the current product as a regression.

51 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Hopefully they'll realise that when JR calls a match the match is 10 times better and they'll hire him back.

In general I agree, as long as they let him do what he does best. If they want someone to just promote the network then he probably isn't the best man.

NXT takeover was decent, but was a bit heavy in heel wins for the biggest show of the year. My favourite match was the opener which was formulaic but fun.

I'm assuming that Nakamura is finished now. I hope Dillinger and revival move up as well. Difficult to know who is a worthy babyface challenger for Roode, maybe that's why they have brought Drew back.

JR is being reported to be calling the Universal Title match, but I'm thinking that's a red herring and he will be calling Reigns vs. Taker, which will go on last. This is Taker's last match, I'm sure of it. He always said he wanted JR to call his final match and it seems too coincidental to me. 

Predictions time! 

Neville to retain

Naomi to win the SD Women's Title

Braun to win the Battle Royal 

Wyatt to retain 

The Hardy's to return and win the RAW Tag Titles

Corbin to beat Ambrose for the IC 

Sasha to win the RAW Women's title by turning on Bayley. 

Rollins to beat Triple H 

Cena & Nikki to beat Miz & Maryse 

KO to win the US Title 

AJ to beat Shane 

Brock to beat Goldberg to the Universal Title 

Reigns to beat The Undertaker by going full on heel. 

17 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Supposedly JR's being offered a contract which will see him more involved again going ahead. Network and TV.

He is under contract with AXS TV (commentating for New Japan) until next year so interesting to see what happens.

My mania picks:

Neville

Strowman

Naomi

Corbin

Enzo & Cass

Styles

Cena & Nikki

Owens

Wyatt 

Rollins

Lesnar

Reigns

Hope Hogan shows up!

21 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

He is under contract with AXS TV (commentating for New Japan) until next year so interesting to see what happens.

Hope Hogan shows up!

Ah, that would make any deal difficult i suppose. 

I was wondering if this news had something to do with Mauro no showing. Supposedly he's struggling with his mental health issues again.

JR to call Universal title match would be completely pointless and just not logical. Must be Takers match.

If that is going last I'd be happy as Oldberg will be a shocker. Have you heard he's been moaning about how miserable he's been since he's come back? God I can't wait for him to be gone.

Very strong show from top to bottom. The RAW side of things was pretty faultless but the smackdown card didnt really do a lot for me especially their title matches. 

Just catching up on NXT. That tag team match was lit AF. Really hope to see The Revival get a call up soon!