WWE

lharris92

I'm completely against the concept of ladder match for the sake of a ladder match. The first one at wrestlemania X made complete sense as Michaels and Razor were both claiming to be champions. The tlc matches made sense as it was the Hardy's gimmick. 

Sticking a ladder in the mix won't make the tag match any more interesting and I don't see what interesting stuff they can do that hasn't been done before, or does not risk injury 

There was always going to be a ladder match but I think adding it to the cruiserweight or Smackdown womens match would have been more interesting. Surprised AJ v Shane isn't a gimmick match and also that there aren't really any stipulation matches - Ambrose-Corbin seemed a cert to be a street fight/no holds barred type. Assume Samoa Joe will pop up during the Jeri-KO/HHH-Rollins match? Also a little annoyed that the smackdown tag titles won't be defended. All in all I am looking forward to it though

Cena and Nikki vs Miz and Maryse was once again amazing this week. I don't think this will be close to best match on the show but it is the one I am most looking forward too, every week I've loved it. I know everyone  will disagree but it should be the  main event of the show. Give the people a happy ending.  

The show will no doubt be decent and have some good matches. For me personally there is just nothing that gets me really excited unlike previous years. 

No buzz at all for NXT this year. I haven't watched in a long time but will try catch the Takeover at some point before Mania. I'll hopefully be watching the ROH show live on Saturday night and it has the Young Bucks vs The Hardy's, which could easily be the match of the weekend.

I've put some bets on Coral. You can do accumulators and if you're a new customer, you get 4x £5 free bets once you depost £5 and place a bet. Put on some picks i think I will win and some stuff that shouldn't but no doubt will end up happening. HHH over Rollins? hope not.

11 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Cena and Nikki vs Miz and Maryse was once again amazing this week. I don't think this will be close to best match on the show but it is the one I am most looking forward too, every week I've loved it. I know everyone  will disagree but it should be the  main event of the show. Give the people a happy ending.  

Cena is one of the best workers in the company, Miz one of the most improved in the last year. If they can carry the match, I have no doubt it will be very strong.

13 minutes ago, When Jokers Attack said:

No buzz at all for NXT this year. I haven't watched in a long time but will try catch the Takeover at some point before Mania. I'll hopefully be watching the ROH show live on Saturday night and it has the Young Bucks vs The Hardy's, which could easily be the match of the weekend.

The roster is a bit weak at present both in terms of the male and female main event. As I only watch WWE I had heard good things (but never seen) about Roderick Strong. I have found myself very underwhelmed 

3 hours ago, DavisO89 said:

There was always going to be a ladder match but I think adding it to the cruiserweight or Smackdown womens match would have been more interesting. 

I don't understand why there has to be one, just for the sake of always having one. The tag title match has no heat and adding ladders doesn't change that.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I hope to god they have Reigns going over Taker. His promo on RAW this week was heely as hell. 

I said this to my friend, thought he did really well with that promo. Took the heat quite well too.

I'm all caught up and ready for Mania. Ladder match should have been for the Cruiserweight title. Gutted for Neville to be on the preshow, think he's lifted that entire division and deserved to be on the main show.

Miz has been great this past year, the Total Bullshit segments have been rather funny. 

10 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I'm all caught up and ready for Mania. Ladder match should have been for the Cruiserweight title. Gutted for Neville to be on the preshow, think he's lifted that entire division and deserved to be on the main show

I disagree, I think the ladder would have made that match worse and not better. Neither men need to be doing stunts to have a good match.

Agree Neville should be on the main show, it's great someone isn't trying to do cool heel. Aries also was very bland on nxt, but the injury and commentating stint has made him.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I disagree, I think the ladder would have made that match worse and not better. Neither men need to be doing stunts to have a good match.

Agree Neville should be on the main show, it's great someone isn't trying to do cool heel. Aries also was very bland on nxt, but the injury and commentating stint has made him.

I actually thought it would be a multi man match, that's what i meant but they're going with the AA vs Neville thing which is fine. Not sold on AA though.

Some people suggesting online that the tag team ladder match for Mania is a small homage to a returning Hardy Boys, they made their name at Mania with a triple threat match involving ladders after all and WWE have been tweeting about them and hinting at the Broken Universe.

Anyone care to join me in making some predictions?

ATGMBR - Braun Strowman, SURELY!?

Neville v Austin Aries - Neville. As has been mentioned, he's been awesome. Only other thing is he drops the belt and moves up to the main roster?

Smackdown Womens Championship - Mickie James, but I admit I haven't seen enough of this story to know if they've hinted at whos's going to win?

Raw Tag Titles - Gallows & Anderson. I'm sure there will be some kind of Hardys involvement at some stage in this one.

Dean Ambrose v Baron Corbin - Baron Corbin

Jericho v Owens - Owens. As much as I want Jericho to win, he isn't about to beat on of WWE's top stars at WM.

Raw Womens Championship - Sasha Banks, by turning on Bayley.

Cena/Nikki v Miz/Maryse - Cena/Nikki, followed by a proposal.

Shane v AJ - AJ. I am also intriged by the point AJ made on this weeks SD. Shane is normally ion a HIAC match or something similar. What is he going to do in a normal match!?

Triple H v Rollins - Rollins. I can't wait for this match, the one I am most looking forward to. Good story will be told throughout. Rollins to get a massive push again from WWE.

Undertaker v Reigns - We all knonw Roman is winning this, don't we? Would be good if he did so with a heel turn (as unlikely as that is)

Bray v Randy - Bray. Again, I think he is going to be their top star for a few years so going over Randy is a good way to do this.

Goldberg v Lesnar - Lesnar. It'll either be within a minute like the other matches or Lesnar is going to ruin him like he did to Cena a year or 2 back.

I wonder what odds I would get on those results as an accumulator... :ph34r:

Edited by DareToDibble

2 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Jericho v Owens - Owens. As much as I want Jericho to win, he isn't about to beat on of WWE's top stars at WM.

I agree with Jericho leaving Owens wins the match, I'm not convinced WWE see Owens as one of their top stars. I don't see him getting the big one again anytime soon.

Cena/Nikki v Miz/Maryse - Cena/Nikki, followed by a proposal.

I wonder how a wedding proposal would go down with a 2017 WWE crowd, I would have thought the crowd would shit over it.

Triple H v Rollins - Rollins. I can't wait for this match, the one I am most looking forward to. Good story will be told throughout. Rollins to get a massive push again from WWE.

Undertaker v Reigns - We all knonw Roman is winning this, don't we? Would be good if he did so with a heel turn (as unlikely as that is)

I have to say that despite the long build I have no interest in Rollins v hhh. I'm also not convinced he is in line for a massive push.

I also have doubts about a Reigns heel turn. I read yesterday he is currently the top merch seller now Cena is part time. I'm not sure there's another face ready to fill the gap.

I found the hall of fame a bit average until Kurt came on. It really made me realise how much I missed him as a performer and I hope he sticks around. Loved the quote about how people will remember the matches for a long time, but the character moments last forever.

I think the character moments are the main thing missing from today's product. Kurt's correct in the fact that the milk truck and cowboy hat are probably remembered more than any (and he had a lot)great match he had.

36 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I found the hall of fame a bit average until Kurt came on. It really made me realise how much I missed him as a performer and I hope he sticks around. Loved the quote about how people will remember the matches for a long time, but the character moments last forever.

I think the character moments are the main thing missing from today's product. Kurt's correct in the fact that the milk truck and cowboy hat are probably remembered more than any (and he had a lot)great match he had.

Stopped watching after Rude's family came out.

Thought DDP was pretty good, some good stories. Rock and Roll were all over the place, bless them.

44 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

In 2017, I'm not convinced he could get anyone but himself over. He was great in his time, but his last big run was 20 years ago.

Well he got the express over last night to viewers who wouldn't know anything about them. When it comes to talking, he is on another level. Maybe only Heyman is better but even he has got stale now. Cornette would work perfect with the revival. Of course it will never happen though as Cornette is outspoken and polarizing. It's 2017 and there is only room for good looking young female managers. the day of the good old heel manager died years ago and it's a shame.

JR calling a match at mania, Undertaker vs Reigns is my guess. That match has been discussed to go on last but things can change.