WWE

lharris92

2 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Owens v Jericho is best heel/face point of the night, Reigns is pushed by WWE as a face as is Taker so I don't get you with this big man.

He may be pushed as a face, but wwe know the exact response they will get putting these together. There will be zero love for Reigns. Owens is a heel who isn't hated, in fact the fans like him. 

I think joe public would be more impressed watching a great match than his 8-10 min snoozefest. 

Goldberg V Lesnar is about the spectacle more than the match. Not every match needs to be match of the year. Many of the greats have been mediocre workers. 

"Small hardcore group of fans"? Disagree with you good sir.

The ratings say it all. This group of talent are not causing the mainstream fans to stick around. The likes of Zayn are not going to bring anyone back. 

Viewing figures in today's day and age are skewed anyway, for me I watch Raw and Smackdown on YouTube and I suspect most people watch via TiVo in America, is that reflected in the figures?

If you're talking about returning viewers then it's my belief that focusing on the younger talent WOULD draw people back as you only have to look at the popularity of indies these days to see where the fans have gone. I stopped watching WWE for ages and just read the results for years as I generally tuned in for Mania season but now with the emergence of the new talent and the work that Trips is doing with them I'm back. I just feel Vince is holding it back from letting it run.

27 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

If you're talking about returning viewers then it's my belief that focusing on the younger talent WOULD draw people back as you only have to look at the popularity of indies these days to see where the fans have gone. 

Some fans may have drifted to the indies, but that number is dwarfed by those who have stopped watching all together. 

I have no problem with focusing on the younger talent, I'm just not convinced that the current generation are particularly great. 

37 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Pink, I tell ya, Vince would LOVE every fan to be you. You're like a dream to him! 

WJA as usual you know the score, bang on with everything.

I don't watch hardly any of the current product, so he wouldn't like me that much!

The trouble is having grown up in the attitude era, Im not sure anything will ever beat that.

My view has always been that wwe has been strongest when it has had variety. There's room for workhorses, plodding giants, flamboyant characters, etc. 

Edited by pink_triangle

She apparently got her phone stolen and she won't get sacked. Happened to Rollins too remember but was only one photo.

So Paige was the inspiriation behind the name of Xavier's show, Up Up Down Down.

Edit: Maybe she will be gone after what she done with the belt.

Edited by When Jokers Attack

On 18/03/2017 at 3:09 PM, When Jokers Attack said:

So Paige was the inspiriation behind the name of Xavier's show, Up Up Down Down.

That made me chuckle.

Damn though, she's certainly a 'game' girl have two different guys filming her while fucking another.

How did she think something like that wouldn't leak eventually?

The belt thing is the issue here, plus Paige has been off tv for a while now, she's very replaceable, its becoming she has more negative around her than positives. WWE have a LOT of female talent in NXT and they're only getting more. They just got UK's best female talent EVER IMO in Nixon. She is going to be an absolute MEGASTAR in WWE. She's 10x the worker Paige is.

22 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I hope the wwe crowd can come up with an inventive chat next time woods is on TV. Anything beats this is awesome! If this was the attitude era Maddox would be given his job back and they would make an angle out of it  probably involving val venis! 

Ha ha very true!

Miz has been quite possibly the best thing in WWE for a while now, AJ's promo work is getting better too. Those two were the best thing about Smackdown this week. I actually watched both shows live and RAW was bloody awful seen as its 2 weeks from Mania but I really enjoyed Smackdown. Wonder how I'll feel if AJ gets moved to Raw as is rumoured.

Couple of other things.

Really sad that JR's wife got killed in a car accident. Can't imagine what he's going through.

ITV have commissioned World of Sport for 10 episodes, Jeff Jarrett is running it, I think its going to be done as a cross promotion of Impact, maybe some talent being used on it, they're filming in May in Preston. There's a press conference on Monday at 2pm.  

11 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Miz has been quite possibly the best thing in WWE for a while now, AJ's promo work is getting better too. Those two were the best thing about Smackdown this week. I actually watched both shows live and RAW was bloody awful seen as its 2 weeks from Mania but I really enjoyed Smackdown. Wonder how I'll feel if AJ gets moved to Raw  

I'm some respect it doesn't matter who is on raw as the program is too long. I can understand it makes business sense, but it's a hard slog for most people.

I'm struggling to be excited for mania. One of my favourites rusev doesn't even have a match. It will probably be a good show, but I suspect I will skip a bit.

Out of interest has anyone seen any of the old nxt they have recently added. There is some good stuff featuring a lot of the current roster. Mahal really impressed me in a lot of these shows as he did in the ppv against Cesaro. I'm thinking I may have underrated him and WWE may not be using to his full potential.

On WWE.com they have a poll to see which match is the most eagerly anticipated at Mania, Oldberg v Lesnar is 5th behind Orton/Wyatt, Taker/Reigns, AJ/Shane and Jericho/Owens.

Mania week whoop whoop. I'm excited for it but more the sense of occasion and being with the lads to watch it. Gunna stay up and watch Raw tonight seeing as it's Mania week and I'm off work at the mo. 

Despite grumbling about the card it's hard to not get excited at Mania I think.

11 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I'm struggling to be excited for mania. One of my favourites rusev doesn't even have a match. It will probably be a good show, but I suspect I will skip a bit.

Out of interest has anyone seen any of the old nxt they have recently added. There is some good stuff featuring a lot of the current roster. Mahal really impressed me in a lot of these shows as he did in the ppv against Cesaro. I'm thinking I may have underrated him and WWE may not be using to his full potential.

I think Rusev is injured 

7 hours ago, DavisO89 said:

Yeah RuRu is injured, think he had surgery and read somewhere that Lana was heading back to NXT while he's recovering. No idea if that last bit is true though 

I hardly watch between ppvs, so must have missed it. Watching the snickers commercial I'm thinking there is a side to Rusev we haven't seen. I'm wondering if there is a babyface run on the horizon.

Disappointed to see the cruiswerweight match relegated to the kick off show. I think Neville has been one of the top performers of recent months and Aries has got much better since they put him in the commentary booth. Also think making the tag match a ladder match is completely pointless.

They've added a ladder to it as they seem to think they always need a ladder match at Mania, it used to be the MITB match, then intercontinental cluster fuck and now tag titles.

So pre show 1st hr, which is network only and youtube i think is Aries v Neville and Smackdown Womans Title whatever kind of match? Like a Gaunlet or all in the ring and first pin is champ I dunno? 

Second hour is on USA in the US and has the Andre the Giant battle royal, thats it? Guess a lot of entrances, Strowman has to win though doesn't he? Or Harper or Rowans. 

Have to say, im interested in all the undercard matches. 

The raw womans title being elimination should be better for telling a story.

All in all, Mania should be solid but not outstanding, a lot of Mania cards have been like this in the past. Really hope Hogan shows up as he's in town, hope they do something with Angle too. Uso's and Alpha still haven't been announced, lot of people expecting them v Hardys. But I can't see it myself.